ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nbhatt

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by nbhatt » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:55 pm

Point I'm trying to make is that Home office should strictly go by order date , there are hardly 3-4 people out of millions who got lucky to get a free slot. Home office has processed applications that were submitted in July who have paid extra for their Biom but applicants between Mar-June are stuck cause of IDV app not fair.

aseef935
Pakistan

Post by aseef935 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:00 am

daenyt wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:47 pm
aseef935 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:27 pm
Just sent the Email to OPT OUT from IDV App, I applied in June, Its taking ages to launch the app !!!
Any luck with this? I decided not to OPT OUT as well, but now I kinda regret my decision.
Not yet ! Didn’t receive anything yet!

bluesky123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bluesky123 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:24 am

Hi everyone, I have few questions and hope to find answers
1- is it oaky to use IDV app from aboard? I have to be away for few weeks, but due DOVID situation it may take longer to get back to UK.
2- would this have any affect on the application? (submitted on July)
3- Would i be receiving the decision by email?
Thanks

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:08 am

bluesky123 wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:24 am
1- is it oaky to use IDV app from aboard? I have to be away for few weeks, but due DOVID situation it may take longer to get back to UK.
Thanks
Are you the applicant and did you leave the country with a pending application? If so, your application will be considered withdrawn!

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:18 am

bathanza wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:08 am
bluesky123 wrote:
Thanks
Are you the applicant and did you leave the country with a pending application? If so, your application will be considered withdrawn!
The user has posted in the British citizenship sub forum, presumably has therefore applied for citizenship, so has not made an immigration application where travel is not permitted while an application is pending. The rules does NOT apply for naturalisation applications!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bluesky123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bluesky123 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:01 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:18 am
bathanza wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:08 am
bluesky123 wrote:
Thanks
The user has posted in the British citizenship sub forum, presumably has therefore applied for citizenship, so has not made an immigration application where travel is not permitted while an application is pending. The rules does NOT apply for naturalisation applications!!
YES it is Naturalisation and registration for child application. Can I understand that I can travel with my child? if yes, can I use the IDV app while I'm abroad? I really hope you answer me as I'm worried now.

strong_and_stable
Cook Islands

Post by strong_and_stable » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:06 pm

bluesky123 wrote:
Thanks
1- The "EU Exit" ID verification app from UKVI can be used from abroad, so I don't see any reason why it would be different for the non-EU IDV app.
2- Citizenship applications do not restrict your travel outside the UK, so long as you maintain residence in the UK.
3- Decision is given by email, but IIRC, the ceremony invitation is a letter. If you are outside the UK for a long period, you may consider using a mail forwarding and/or scanning service.

bluesky123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bluesky123 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:04 pm

strong_and_stable wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:06 pm
bluesky123 wrote:
Thanks
1- The "EU Exit" ID verification app from UKVI can be used from abroad, so I don't see any reason why it would be different for the non-EU IDV app.
2- Citizenship applications do not restrict your travel outside the UK, so long as you maintain residence in the UK.
3- Decision is given by email, but IIRC, the ceremony invitation is a letter. If you are outside the UK for a long period, you may consider using a mail forwarding and/or scanning service.
Thank you so much for your reply. Can I understand that this ( no restriction of travel) is also apply on the registration of child application?

strong_and_stable
Cook Islands

Post by strong_and_stable » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:34 pm

bluesky123 wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:04 pm
Thank you so much for your reply. Can I understand that this ( no restriction of travel) is also apply on the registration of child application?
If your child does not need to attend a ceremony, then they will become British upon approval, potentially making it difficult to return to the UK without a British passport. To apply for their British passport, you would require the certificate of registration.

There may be some solution for your case, but you should probably raise a unique thread to discuss your circumstances.

bluesky123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bluesky123 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:38 pm

strong_and_stable wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:34 pm
bluesky123 wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:04 pm
If your child does not need to attend a ceremony, then they will become British upon approval, potentially making it difficult to return to the UK without a British passport. To apply for their British passport, you would require the certificate of registration.

There may be some solution for your case, but you should probably raise a unique thread to discuss your circumstances.

Okay, thanks a lot.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:32 pm

I thought to share as this post may help new applicants joining the forum or applicants from August and onwards.
Also it may answer some frequently asked questions.

Steps to follow after completing the form online:

Step 1: Pay and submit application via UKVI.

Tip: Date of application is the date you pay and submit online, biometrics date is irrelevant.

Step 2: After payment, you will reach “further actions page.” If you click on “book an appointment,” system will reroute you to create an account on UKVCAS where you can upload your documents and book an appointment.

Tip: You are sent an access code to set up an account on UKVCAS which usually lands up in Junk folder.

Booking an appointment is opening up in phases. Check the UKVCAS flash message for updates. As of now, it is only open for applicants who submitted applications before 31st July.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

Step 3: Booking system is not open for August applicants as of now.

Next step will be communicated to you via email; either you will be chosen to attend the biometrics appointment OR UKVI will reuse your biometrics from a previous application.

If you fall under the latter group, you will have to wait for IDV app to launch to provide your facial image (which is expected to launch in August).

Tip: You are given a deadline to submit your biometrics on the further actions page. Ignore that, you will not be penalised even if you can not fulfil it.

Step 4: Now you can submit your documents to UKVI via UKVCAS portal even before your biometrics. The option usually appears when you have uploaded all your documents, sign out and sign in again. The option can be found on the “document upload page” right at the bottom.

Note: You can only submit once, so make sure your documents are complete before you submit.
You will be able to add more documents via your appointment/IDV app on a later stage whatever your circumstance be.

Tip: The best approach would be to benefit from the new feature.

Note: For certain categories/cases, the CW may request for the documents to be submitted via email. It does not matter if you already have submitted via UKVCAS portal, you can still submit documents via email if requested.

Step 5: Once the process as stated above is completed, you should wait for a decision.

Tip: Be vigilant and regularly check your email as all communication for next steps will be sent via email.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

bluesky123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bluesky123 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:49 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:32 pm
I thought to share as this post may help new applicants joining the forum or applicants from August and onwards.

Tip: Date of application is the date you pay and submit online, biometrics date is irrelevant.

Step 2: After payment, you will reach “further actions page.” If you click on “book an appointment,” system will reroute you to create an account on UKVCAS where you can upload your documents and book an appointment.

Tip: You are sent an access code to set up an account on UKVCAS which usually lands up in Junk folder.

Booking an appointment is opening up in phases. Check the UKVCAS flash message for updates. As of now, it is only open for applicants who submitted applications before 31st July.

Next step will be communicated to you via email; either you will be chosen to attend the biometrics appointment OR UKVI will reuse your biometrics from a previous application.

If you fall under the latter group, you will have to wait for IDV app to launch to provide your facial image (which is expected to launch in August).

Tip: You are given a deadline to submit your biometrics on the further actions page. Ignore that, you will not be penalised even if you can not fulfil it.

Step 4: Now you can submit your documents to UKVI via UKVCAS portal even before your biometrics. The option usually appears when you have uploaded all your documents, sign out and sign in again. The option can be found on the “document upload page” right at the bottom.

Note: You can only submit once, so make sure your documents are complete before you submit.
You will be able to add more documents via your appointment/IDV app on a later stage whatever your circumstance be.

Note: For certain categories/cases, the CW may request for the documents to be submitted via email. It does not matter if you already have submitted via UKVCAS portal, you can still submit documents via email if requested.

Step 5: Once the process as stated above is completed, you should wait for a decision.

Tip: Be vigilant and regularly check your email as all communication for next steps will be sent via email.
That’s Brilliant, thank you so much

applier24
Newly Registered
India

Post by applier24 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:52 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:32 pm

very useful thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:44 am

Quoted:
by iamawonder » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:07 am

Some good news for all those waiting for the IDV app. I can see the app on Android playstore (should also be on apple Store). So, things seem to be moving quickly! Hopefully people should receive invites soon. Fingers crossed!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:55 am

What is an App called ? I can’t see anything related to IDV on App Store yet.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:58 am

skasyap wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:55 am
For now, its only showing up on google play not apple store. “UKVCAS IDV”

Screen shots were shared on the ILR sub forum group.
Last edited by CULLINAN on Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:59 am

skasyap wrote:
It is only available on Android playstore at the moment but not usable as yet.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:02 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:58 am
skasyap wrote:
For now, its only showing up on google play not apple store. “UKVCAS IDV”

Screen shots were shared on the ILR sub forum group.
Thanks a lot :)

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:03 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:59 am
skasyap wrote:
Thanks 🙏

wegetthejobdone
Italy

Post by wegetthejobdone » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:49 pm

Is it actually possible to reschedule an appointment? When I go to manage services there is only an option to cancel. Does it mean you need to cancel and rebook?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:57 pm

wegetthejobdone wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:49 pm
Is it actually possible to reschedule an appointment? When I go to manage services there is only an option to cancel. Does it mean you need to cancel and rebook?
https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/sopr ... as/FAQ.pdf

udutt
India

Post by udutt » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:02 pm

skasyap wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:03 pm
CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:59 am
skasyap wrote:
Thanks 🙏
Hi all,

Looks like this App is not visible in playstore outside the UK.

Uma

wegetthejobdone
Italy

Post by wegetthejobdone » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:09 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:57 pm
wegetthejobdone wrote:
https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/sopr ... as/FAQ.pdf
I’ve seen the FAQ, but when I actually I try to do it it only offers cancellation as a possibility. No mention of rescheduling, and I don’t want to end up cancelling without rescheduling until I’m sure I need to.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:11 pm

I’ve seen the FAQ, but when I actually I try to do it it only offers cancellation as a possibility. No mention of rescheduling, and I don’t want to end up cancelling without rescheduling until I’m sure I need to.
If you read the previous posts, one of the member did it successfully.
However, I am not sure if you cancel now, you may get a late appointment depending on availability.

Goldfinger1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Goldfinger1 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:33 pm

wegetthejobdone wrote:
Hi, yes you can rebook but be aware you might get an appointment that's not close to the date you have. I cancelled my Friday appointment and moved it to this Wednesday. I did it last week