ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:30 pm

Sez30 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:32 pm
When we uploaded to ukvcas we put spaces in our doc names instead of dashes does anyone know if this will still be accepted or if we need to submit it all again when we get the app info?
File Name: needs to be as simple as possible e.g. bank-statement-Apr-2018.pdf Do not upload files with file names having special characters, #,ë, or bank.statement.apr.2018.pdf - UKVCAS document upload page
It does not matter if you put dashes or not, the above is only an example.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

jameswilliamson6544
India

Post by jameswilliamson6544 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:39 pm

should there be a separate thread for the IDV App, as the roll-out deadline of 31st August comes closer... ?

I appreciate it would be cleaner in an ideal scenario to have single thread on appointments AND IDV - however given the current situations with pandemic and scarcity of the information, it will be in public interest to have a separate thread on the IDV App

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:16 am

jameswilliamson6544 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:39 pm
should there be a separate thread for the IDV App, as the roll-out deadline of 31st August comes closer... ?

I appreciate it would be cleaner in an ideal scenario to have single thread on appointments AND IDV - however given the current situations with pandemic and scarcity of the information, it will be in public interest to have a separate thread on the IDV App
Yes, there should be a separate thread for IDV appointment.
ZR

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:47 am

It would be good if UKVCAS can provide a fresh status update regarding the IDV app and the likely date when this will be launched. They have been publishing vague timelines and keeping a lot of people in the dark.
Providing a clear date will help so many people plan better, things like jobs, mortgage, travel and so on.

amjadani
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by amjadani » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:36 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:29 pm
amjadani wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:16 pm
Hi everyone,
this is my first ever Q in this forum, I have few questions if anyone kind enough to guide me.
Q 1 I Submitted my application on 8th July but since then waiting for biometric appointment, has anyone in similar situation?
Q2. what is OPT Out? i saw few post people talking that they opt out, is it beneficial and how can i opt out?

Q, on UKVCAS website it say applicants who applied till 31 July can book appointment but how?? shall i wait for their email and when likely they are emailing to applicants?
Thank you so much..have Great weekend
Did you by any chance check your junk folder for any missed emails?

Hi, yes I am checking inbox and junk mail everyday but nothing came yet, shall I call them ?? Or wait please guide
Thanks

Coco321
Newly Registered

Post by Coco321 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:43 am

alyo wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:33 pm
Coco321 wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:17 pm
alyo wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:33 pm
Hello everyone

Am i the only one who opted out before 7th of aug and have not received an email and is unable to book?

My application date was in April.

Thanks
I think your format of opt out must be wrong
Can you check the email you send to ukvcas and see if the email wrong or application number wrong ?
I have sent it to this email. Is this correct?

admin.ukvas@soprasteria.com
Not sure as i done it through solicitor

nikuss
Newly Registered

Post by nikuss » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:52 am

To anyone still waiting for an appointment after opting out -- according to UKVCAS helpline emails are being sent out 'in phases' and if you haven't received yours yet you have to wait a bit longer. "Week commencing 10 August" was when they started sending them out, and this process is still ongoing.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:07 am

Some good news for all those waiting for the IDV app. I can see the app on Android playstore (should also be on apple Store). So, things seem to be moving quickly! Hopefully people should receive invites soon. Fingers crossed!

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:08 am

iamawonder wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:07 am
Some good news for all those waiting for the IDV app. I can see the app on Android playstore (should also be on apple Store). So, things seem to be moving quickly! Hopefully people should receive invites soon. Fingers crossed!
search with "UKVCAS IDV"

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:22 am

iamawonder wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:08 am
iamawonder wrote:
search with "UKVCAS IDV"
Not on Apple Store yet

w1_jhl
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by w1_jhl » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:26 am

Hi All,

I want to start by saying that this forum has literally been my backbone these last couple of weeks. Made me feel as I'm not the only one in this stressful journey.

I'm in the same position as Anusuyaag. My solicitor applied for me for ILR (LR) on the 28th of July, and he said she still didn't receive an email whether I am eligible for biometrics reuse or not till today. Or an email to book an appointment either.

He said he has been constantly checking the booking appointments page and he has had no luck finding an appointment.

I have now requested the login details so I can constantly check myself, as I've seen sooo many people from July on this forum thread that have managed to secure appointments. I just wish I had asked him for the login details sooner, as everyone else seems to have booked an appointment.

I'm starting to get worried and anxious here. :cry: .. Has any one else in July not been able to secure any appointment?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:29 am

iamawonder wrote:
Thats good news!! I can not see on Apple store for now but maybe soon.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Narimane
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Narimane » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:32 am

How does it work, did you receive an email from UKVCAS?

atto123
India

Post by atto123 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:34 am

I dont even understand what is happening to my case..applied on 6-May through very reputed solicitor.

Heard nothing so far...no opt-out, no IDV nothing..just uploaded the documents...

Is anyone in the same boat ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:39 am

Narimane wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:32 am
OP is speculating for now. But, OP can see the app on google store named as “UKVCAS IDV”, which was not there previously. So obviously, things are moving on to be good.

Billydkid
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Billydkid » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:41 am

:| i m exactly in the same boat. After reading your post and annusyang post there is one thing common in three of us which is we all got a female solicitor :? :? and i will be surprised if all three of us has the same. Mine one is in Nottingham. I applied on 29th july ILR SET (o) via solicitor and since then there is no update. i contacted her twice but she said there is no update. She has provided me the link for application portal and after entering my password i can see my application has been submitted and there are two buttons on the top right hand corner. 1 says "download consent form" and the other says "Book appointment" when i click on book appointment it prompts me to a new login page and ask for username and password, which i believe my solicitor got.

This is getting really scary now as the ukvcas website says all july applicant should have received the email regarding bio-metrics. Moderators what would you advice?

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:45 am

Narimane wrote:
There is no official update or email yet regarding the app. It is just an indication that the app should be up and running soon since it is on playstore. It is not allowing login yet obviously.
THis is how it looks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:46 am

krishnakumarg wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:42 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:39 am
Narimane wrote:
OP is speculating for now. But, OP can see the app on google store named as “UKVCAS IDV”, which was not there previously. So obviously, things are moving on to be good.
It doesn't work yet. I installed the 'UKVCAS IDV' app from Android play store just now. After logging in, it says that "This account has no cases enabled for Mobile Access".
I am assuming the app will be invite only. But at least it is there now.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:48 am

iamawonder wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:45 am
Thanks for sharing.

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:50 am

iamawonder wrote:
It is indeed on the android store, just checked, waiting for it to come on AppStore for apple and some official communication regarding it as well. This week could be an important week

farazk86
Pakistan

Post by farazk86 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:53 am

iamawonder wrote:
Good catch... thanks for letting us know.. then it looks like we night actually get IDV this week :)

atto123
India

Post by atto123 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:54 am

Billydkid wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:41 am
:| i m exactly in the same boat. After reading your post and annusyang post there is one thing common in three of us which is we all got a female solicitor :? :? and i will be surprised if all three of us has the same. Mine one is in Nottingham. I applied on 29th july ILR SET (o) via solicitor and since then there is no update. i contacted her twice but she said there is no update. She has provided me the link for application portal and after entering my password i can see my application has been submitted and there are two buttons on the top right hand corner. 1 says "download consent form" and the other says "Book appointment" when i click on book appointment it prompts me to a new login page and ask for username and password, which i believe my solicitor got.

This is getting really scary now as the ukvcas website says all july applicant should have received the email regarding bio-metrics. Moderators what would you advice?
whats your solicitor firm ? mine is xxxxxx

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:56 am

atto123 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:54 am
Billydkid wrote:

Members are NOT permitted to post ANY details of solicitors or advisors on the forum. Please do NOT ask for such information or post such information.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:57 am

Billydkid wrote:

I am not sure if solicitor is being vigilant enough to keep a track including the junk emails. Such emails usually fall under junk folder. Some of who reported the issue are all those who applied via solicitors. You do not have access to solicitor’s email so cant really do much. Try calling UKVCAS helpline, the staff maybe able to give any kind of update in your case.

atto123
India

Post by atto123 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:03 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:56 am
atto123 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:54 am
Billydkid wrote:

Members are NOT permitted to post ANY details of solicitors or advisors on the forum. Please do NOT ask for such information or post such information.
apologies!