ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Limited company director and WIFE ILR APPLICATION FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mzi103

Limited company director and WIFE ILR APPLICATION FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT

Post by mzi103 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:59 am

Dear respected MEMBERS

Situation is I applied SET M FOR MY WIFE AFTER COMPLETING 5 years route on 17 -07-2020 1 day before her visa expires
My wife is legally resident in Uk since 11jan 2011
10 years not completed
Problem is I am director of company starts cooperating 07-01-2019 and put my wife and me taking wages from this company.

We cover the financial requirement for last 6 months but home office today requested last financial year wages proof for me and wife where we were short of £4200 Because my wife starts employment in OCTOBER 2019.

I am also registered self employed but I have not submit tax return as yet. If we include the income then we will be able to cover the threshold of £18600

What you suggest we have to do?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Limited company director and WIFE ILR APPLICATION FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT

Post by zimba » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:35 pm

Your company is viewed as a 'specified type of limited company' under the rules because you as the partner own it. This means her eligibility is evaluated under either category F or G. If she fails, she will be offered the 10-year route family visa.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mzi103

Post by mzi103 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:25 am

I think they take me to F CATAGORY
as they asked for last financial year
Where my employment income is £9954
Self employment income. £4871
A total of £14825

Plus

My wife employment income is £4200

A total income of both is £19025

However my company is in loss so no dividends

Will it cover the threshold Of £18600. Also I have not informed home office about my self employment initially when submitting documents online

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:23 pm

To add the self-employment income, it requires you to provide the most recent year of self-assessment. The guide is clear on what must be provided under the specified documents
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mzi103

Post by mzi103 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:18 am

What documents required for self employment sorry I can’t find anything in guidelines

You also mean that I can combine my employment and self employment income in category F

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:28 am

ANY income from your own company or self-employment are accepted under category G or F. Your total income from the company will be considered (any PAYE salary, dividends, etc) Any self-employment income can be added on top as long as it matches the same tax year (accounting period)

e.g When you use your income from the company between April 2019 to April 2020, your self-employment income between April 2019 to April 2020 can be added on top.

Guide (see page 53 onwards): https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf