ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence Letter query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Yash123
Newly Registered
India

Tier2 to ILR application for dependent child

Post by Yash123 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:35 pm

Hi,

I will be applying for ILR via T2G (Set O) route in a coming month.
I am a main applicant and have 2 dependents (spouse and a child) who are also eligible.

With the current situation where priority service suspended and we are not sure how much time it is going to take, I wish to apply ILR only for myself and my child as my spouse need to travel outside UK in following month.

I was referring to Home Office website and I found below text

---start
Eligibility for children
Your child can apply if they:
  • were previously given permission to stay in the UK as your child
  • are not married or in a civil partnership
  • will live with you and be supported by you without using public funds
You and your child’s other parent must both be settled in the UK legally, or currently applying to settle, for the child to be allowed to settle.
---end

This confuses me and my questions are
  • Can I apply for my child with my application without my spouse applying together?
  • Can my spouse continue with her T2G dependent VISA untill its valid (which is till Aug 2021)?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier2 to ILR application for dependent child

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:40 pm

Can I apply for my child with my application without my spouse applying together?
No. The child will only qualify for ILR when spouse applies and you have ILR or if you all apply at the same time.
Can my spouse continue with her T2G dependent VISA untill its valid (which is till Aug 2021)?
Yes, then your child will also have to wait to apply for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Yash123
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier2 to ILR application for dependent child

Post by Yash123 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:23 pm

Thank you CR001 for a quick response. :)

Yash123
Newly Registered
India

my ILR application queries

Post by Yash123 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:22 pm

Hi,
I have started filling ILR application via Set O T2G 5Years Route with 2 dependents(Spouse and child)
I have following questions regarding documents required section

1. Evidence of Mr (main applicant's) immigration status in the UK --> What exactly does this mean? there is another point where my current BRP card is already mentioned. I believe that proves my my immigration status isn't it?

2. All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK? --> this point is for all 3 applicants, for a child yes he has a new passport which is different than the one which he entered in UK. so for him it make sense but for me and my spouse we have the same passport which we used to enter the UK. Why there is still a need to submit our previous passport?
Anyway we have old passports but need to understand the requirement here.

Another question regarding latest date eligible.
I am considering 28 days minus the 5th anniversary of BRP issue date which is 14/09/2015 in my case. This is same for all, main applicant and dependants. Whereas in actual we travelled on different later dates to enter in the UK.
My understanding is considering the BRP issue date for eligibility criteria should be fine? Is my understanding correct?
I am planning to apply around 20th Aug 2020. Should that be OK?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: my ILR application queries

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:24 pm

Yash123 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:22 pm

1. Evidence of Mr (main applicant's) immigration status in the UK --> What exactly does this mean? there is another point where my current BRP card is already mentioned. I believe that proves my my immigration status isn't it?
Yes your BRP card. Sometimes the questions are repetitive.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:36 pm

BRP. There are two questions because some people don't have BRPs.
2. All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK? --> this point is for all 3 applicants, for a child yes he has a new passport which is different than the one which he entered in UK. so for him it make sense but for me and my spouse we have the same passport which we used to enter the UK. Why there is still a need to submit our previous passport?
You are overthinking the question. If it is only the child that has a previous passport, then that is all you have to include with the current passport.
Another question regarding latest date eligible.
I am considering 28 days minus the 5th anniversary of BRP issue date which is 14/09/2015 in my case. This is same for all, main applicant and dependants. Whereas in actual we travelled on different later dates to enter in the UK.
My understanding is considering the BRP issue date for eligibility criteria should be fine? Is my understanding correct?
I am planning to apply around 20th Aug 2020. Should that be OK?
It is the visa issue date for ALL of you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Yash123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Yash123 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:13 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:36 pm
You are overthinking the question. If it is only the child that has a previous passport, then that is all you have to include with the current passport.
But I had to select the checkbox in Other Document section to be able to proceed further.
I guess now I have to provide old passports for me and my spouse.
Another question : Do I have to scan all the pages for the current passports?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:18 am

You don't if the old passports are not relevant to a tier 2 visa or your residence in the UK.
Another question : Do I have to scan all the pages for the current passports?
All Stamped and biomteric pages.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Yash123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Yash123 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:57 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:18 am
You don't if the old passports are not relevant to a tier 2 visa or your residence in the UK.
Okay thanks for your clarification.

Yash123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Yash123 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:10 am

I have 2 further question:

1. In the application form we had to declare the absence of dependent (Spouse) if the leave is granted after 11 Jan 2018. In this case we have declared the absence from UK.
Q: Do we need to provide any supporting document for this?

2. For the main applicant how important is the letter of absence from previous employer. I am find it very difficult to get the letter from my previous employer. In my previous leave I was out of UK for around 8-9 occasions but non of them was more than 180 days in a calendar year. From my current employer I am getting a precise letter with all the absences Aug 2019 on wards.
Q: What could be the impact if I do not get the absence letter from previous employer? Is there anything I can provide to support the absences during that period?

Yash123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Yash123 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:43 pm

Yash123 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:10 am
I have 2 further question:

1. In the application form we had to declare the absence of dependent (Spouse) if the leave is granted after 11 Jan 2018. In this case we have declared the absence from UK.
Q: Do we need to provide any supporting document for this?

2. For the main applicant how important is the letter of absence from previous employer. I am find it very difficult to get the letter from my previous employer. In my previous leave I was out of UK for around 8-9 occasions but non of them was more than 180 days in a calendar year. From my current employer I am getting a precise letter with all the absences Aug 2019 on wards.
Q: What could be the impact if I do not get the absence letter from previous employer? Is there anything I can provide to support the absences during that period?
Can anyone answer the above queries please

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:42 pm

Q1. Passport stamped pages.

Q2. You would need to show evidence that you tried to get a letter and that they refused.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Yash123
Newly Registered
India

Absence Letter query

Post by Yash123 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:02 am

Hi
In case of my Set(O) ILR application via T2G 5 years route, I have following questions.

I received an absence letter from my previous employer and it has following statement
We confirm that Mr. xxxx was deputed to UK onsite from xxx 2015 entitled to 20 days’
annual leave and was required to travel for business purposes. We confirm that he had no long absences outside the UK whilst in our employment.
Please find below our records of Mr.xxx absences during his employment with the Company.
----My absence details-----
Q1. Is this wording sufficient? (Though it mentions that I was entitled 20 annual leave, I have absences more than 20 days including weekends and public holidays in the UK mentioned in my details)

Q2. As this employer is an Indian Tech company and I was a deputed in the UK, they have provided the letter with the Indian Signatory with their registered address in India on the letter. Is this OK?
( I understand UKVI does not mention that the employer should be UK based)

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Absence Letter query

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:08 pm

1. Yes
2. No
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Yash123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Yash123 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:24 pm

Thanks Zimba for your response,
Zimba wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:08 pm
2. No
Could you please clarify your answer for Q2 a bit more,
Do you mean it is fine even if the letter signatory is from India?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:12 am

Correct
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Yash123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Yash123 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:21 pm

thanks Zimba,

I have another question regarding absence.
I found that one of the absence I mentioned, the actual UK leaving date is 1 day before than the date mentioned in the application.
However the date mentioned in the employer letter and application is matching.

I have submitted the application and in process of uploading the documents.

Q. Is this going to impact decision on my application? (It is just 1 day difference in 1 absence)

Q. Is there anything I can do now?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:30 pm

Yash123 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:21 pm
thanks Zimba,

I found that one of the absence I mentioned, the actual UK leaving date is 1 day before than the date mentioned in the application.

Q. Is this going to impact decision on my application? (It is just 1 day difference in 1 absence)

Q. Is there anything I can do now? If worried, provide a letter clarifying the error made in the online application and stating the correct date.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:31 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:30 pm
Yash123 wrote:
thanks Zimba,

Q. Is there anything I can do now? If worried, provide a letter clarifying the error made in the online application and stating the correct date.

Yash123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Yash123 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:28 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:31 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Yash123 wrote:
thanks Zimba,

I was thinking the same. If it is to be done where/how shall I submit that?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:43 pm

Yash123 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:28 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:31 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Yash123 wrote:
thanks Zimba,

I was thinking the same. If it is to be done where/how shall I submit that? Write it out and upload it as part of documents you are submitting.