ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I sent an email to UKVI about my mistake/This is what they said

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aburjwal
Newly Registered
India

Tier 4 dependent Visa - Documents?

Post by aburjwal » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:39 pm

Hi all, so I recently applied for my Tier 4 (General) visa (from India) for my masters in the UK and submitted the following documents:

CAS Letter

Proof of funds (Bank statement with my name on it)

Degree + Statement of marks

Application form

IHS receipt

TB Certificate

My husband applied for his T4 Dependent visa along with me. He submitted the following documents:

Our marriage registration certificate

His employment proof here in India

TB Certificate

His degree + statement of marks

Application form

IHS receipt

I don't have concerns about my visa, but I do worry if the documents we submitted for my husband's visa are enough? We didn't submit any photos of the marriage ceremony. Will that be a problem? We have planned everything according to the visa being approved. We can't afford any rejection at this point. Just want to know if these documents will do. Thanks!

aburjwal
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 4 dependent Visa - Documents?

Post by aburjwal » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:42 am

Hi, anyone? Please guide.

amitavaguha
Newly Registered
India

Post by amitavaguha » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:42 am

Hi

My wife will apply with me as a Tier 4 Dependant. She is employed with one private company here in India.
Can you please suggest me - whether she needs to submit only the employment letter (appointment letter) or anything else is required from her company?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:43 am

aburjwal wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:39 pm
I don't have concerns about my visa, but I do worry if the documents we submitted for my husband's visa are enough? We didn't submit any photos of the marriage ceremony. Will that be a problem?
Surely the summary sheet for his application listed the required evidence?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

aburjwal
Newly Registered
India

Post by aburjwal » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:48 am

sah10406 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:43 am
aburjwal wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:39 pm
I don't have concerns about my visa, but I do worry if the documents we submitted for my husband's visa are enough? We didn't submit any photos of the marriage ceremony. Will that be a problem?
Surely the summary sheet for his application listed the required evidence?
It only said this "Proof of [husband's name] relationship status as the married or civil
partner of[my name]"

^I'm just confused as to what constitutes as sufficient evidence. Should we have included photos also? We just gave the marriage certificate.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:55 am

aburjwal wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:48 am
Should we have included photos also? We just gave the marriage certificate.
No. The marriage certificate is the evidence that you are married.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

aburjwal
Newly Registered
India

Post by aburjwal » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:00 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:55 am
aburjwal wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:48 am
Should we have included photos also? We just gave the marriage certificate.
No. The marriage certificate is the evidence that you are married.
Alright. Thankyou.

aburjwal
Newly Registered
India

Small mistake in online application form

Post by aburjwal » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:02 pm

Hi guys, yesterday I was going through our application forms (my husband's and mine) and realized that we made a small error on both forms. Instead of writing RQF7 (I'm going for my masters) we wrote RQF4. I am going on a Tier 4 visa while my husband is coming along on a Tier 4 dependent visa. Now we have submitted our biometrics already, so no changes can be made on the form. However my CAS clearly mentions its a RQF7 course.

Today I sent an email to UKVI clarifying that we made a genuine mistake and hopefully it will have no bearing on our application. I am really worried now. Can this error lead to refusal?

aburjwal
Newly Registered
India

Re: Small mistake in online application form

Post by aburjwal » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:00 pm

Anyone?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:36 am

aburjwal wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:02 pm
Can this error lead to refusal?
No.

ektan
India

Post by ektan » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:52 am

aburjwal wrote:
Hi guys, yesterday I was going through our application forms (my husband's and mine) and realized that we made a small error on both forms. Instead of writing RQF7 (I'm going for my masters) we wrote RQF4. I am going on a Tier 4 visa while my husband is coming along on a Tier 4 dependent visa. Now we have submitted our biometrics already, so no changes can be made on the form. However my CAS clearly mentions its a RQF7 course.

Today I sent an email to UKVI clarifying that we made a genuine mistake and hopefully it will have no bearing on our application. I am really worried now. Can this error lead to refusal?
Which city in India did you complete your biometrics?

aburjwal
Newly Registered
India

Post by aburjwal » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:43 am

ektan wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:52 am
aburjwal wrote:

New Delhi

ektan
India

Post by ektan » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:09 am

aburjwal wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:43 am
ektan wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:52 am
aburjwal wrote:

New Delhi
okay, I completed mine in Mumbai on the 7th Aug. Dont know if there is going to be an interview. Did they tell you there would be an interview? If so, then you can clarify regarding the mistake you made.

aburjwal
Newly Registered
India

I sent an email to UKVI about my mistake/This is what they said

Post by aburjwal » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:37 pm

Hi all. So I made a grave mistake in my Tier 4 visa application. To the question - "Have you ever been refused a visa?", I ticked "No" when I should have ticked "Yes". I was refused a Residence permit from Denmark in 2015. I had applied to study at a college that wasn't government-approved. That was the only one reason for rejection. My biometrics were done on 7th August.

On Wednesday, I sent an email to UKVI explaining that I made a mistake and that I have no intention of hiding material facts. I told them I am willing to share the refusal letter if they ask for it.

I got a reply from them which is attached below. It seemed like a pretty standard/generic reply. I am concerned now. Can this lead to refusal? Can they still claim deception after I sent this email? Please help out.

Dear X

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

With regards to your enquiry, I can confirm your Visa application is awaiting a decision.

Filling out the visa application correctly is your responsibility.

After biometrics, you won't able to change any information and application will be under processing.

Regards,
UK Visas and Immigration

vinny

Re: I sent an email to UKVI about my mistake/This is what they said

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:11 pm

Technically, a visa is a type of entry clearance. It’s something that one applies for when outside the country. Whereas a residence permit is something that one applies for when inside the country. They are different. Your answer to the question may be true.

But you are correct to disclose it.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:59 am

vinny wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:11 pm
Whereas a residence permit is something that one applies for when inside the country. They are different. Your answer to the question may be true.
There is a separate question about that, so hopefully OP told the truth about it.

aburjwal
Newly Registered
India

Post by aburjwal » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:53 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:59 am
vinny wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:11 pm
Whereas a residence permit is something that one applies for when inside the country. They are different. Your answer to the question may be true.
There is a separate question about that, so hopefully OP told the truth about it.
In my email to UKVI, I mentioned I was refused a residence permit for Denmark and described the reason too.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:45 am

sah10406 wrote:
Was there a separate question in the application about extension refusals in other countries?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:12 am

vinny wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:45 am
Was there a separate question in the application about extension refusals in other countries?
There's a question about having a visa refused, and a question about having leave to remain or an extension refused. Both are about refusals in any country.

aburjwal
Newly Registered
India

Post by aburjwal » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:36 am

vinny wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:45 am
sah10406 wrote:
No, the same question includes everything - "Have you ever been: 1) refused a visa, refused a leave to remain or stay, 3) deported etc"

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:37 am

aburjwal wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:36 am
No, the same question includes everything - "Have you ever been: 1) refused a visa, refused a leave to remain or stay, 3) deported etc"
Yes, I mean they ask about them as separate matters.

zak_anwar
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zak_anwar » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:49 pm

Hi folks,
Just realised that we have done the same blunder!!!! Have answered a "No" to the following:

For either the UK or any other country, have you ever been:
Refused a visa
Refused entry at the border
Refused permission to stay or remain
Refused asylum
Deported
Removed
Required to leave
Excluded or banned from entry

What email address did you use to communicate to them. I had sent an email to the paid service telephone line/email address. However the agent advised that it is best to withdraw your application since my wife has attended her Biometric in Islamabad. The Agent also advised that they would not be replying to the email as she had already provided me with the verbal advice.

So what is the outcome ofyour mistake and communications with UKVI?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:53 pm

aburjwal wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:37 pm
After biometrics, you won't able to change any information and application will be under processing.

Regards,
UK Visas and Immigration
Frown.