ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Flr fp 5 year

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Flr fp 5 year

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:30 am

ssasi2020 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:24 am
Is gas safety certificate is mandatory for house inspection report?
Council is asking for it and saying it needs to be dated in last 12 months.
Do private inspection body ask for this certificate that dated in last 12 months?

Thanks
Not heard of this before as the inspection report is mainly concerned with the available spaces in the house be in compliance to avoid overcrowding and nothing to do with the utilities etc in the house. However, the individual council may have requirements to be met beside size of accommodation towards issuing said report. Have you tried independent surveyors/inspectors and or letting agents in your area?

ssasi2020
United Kingdom

Post by ssasi2020 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:01 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:30 am
ssasi2020 wrote:
Council is asking for it and saying it needs to be dated in last 12 months.
Do private inspection body ask for this certificate that dated in last 12 months?

Thanks
Not heard of this before as the inspection report is mainly concerned with the available spaces in the house be in compliance to avoid overcrowding and nothing to do with the utilities etc in the house. However, the individual council may have requirements to be met beside size of accommodation towards issuing said report. Have you tried independent surveyors/inspectors and or letting agents in your area?
Thanks for your reply. I have been to few estate agent and they said they can't do it. I have been looking online for independent body who does that, but finding it difficult to get the proper registered company who does it. Just don't want to end up on fake or unqualified's hand.

ssasi2020
United Kingdom

Post by ssasi2020 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:17 am

I need a clarification please.

Family unit defination-
either a single person; a married or cohabiting couple; a married or cohabiting couple and their never-married children who have no children of their own living with them; or a lone parent with such children. Therefore, a single person can be categorised as a family unit.

Does that mean we are 3 single person living at my property ( unrelated) makes 3 family unit.
If it is then adequate accommodation guidance says if more than 2 family unit share the accommodation then they will treat it as same as HMO.( although it isn't HMO by hmo rule).(as mentioned on page 25 of adequate maintenance and accommodation guidance)
And in this case letter from council is necessary.

So in my case house inspection report isn't sufficient?
Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:37 pm

ssasi2020 wrote:
It is an imperative requirement for private renting.
ssasi2020 wrote:
No

If above certificate has been asked by council and your landlord doesn't have then most likely count your last days on that property.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ssasi2020
United Kingdom

Post by ssasi2020 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:44 pm

Hi,
Now council is saying that they send the accommodation certificate direct to home office address. But everything is done online and probably there isn't any address anymore. She didn't seem to understand the whole new application system. i don't know what to do. They are complicating the situation more than actually is.
However, she said she will give me the copy of it.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:08 pm

ssasi2020 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:44 pm
Hi,
Now council is saying that they send the accommodation certificate direct to home office address. But everything is done online and probably there isn't any address anymore. She didn't seem to understand the whole new application system. i don't know what to do. They are complicating the situation more than actually is.
Maybe there procedure has been changed where they now themselves are purveying directly this report to UKVI despite we never heard that ever before. But noteworthily, both (UKVI + local council) do liaise & interact over various issues through their own secure channels. Now better to just follow them instead undertaking any untested manoeuvre in hast.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ssasi2020
United Kingdom

Post by ssasi2020 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:51 am

seagul wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:08 pm
ssasi2020 wrote:
Hi,
Maybe there procedure has been changed where they now themselves are purveying directly this report to UKVI despite we never heard that ever before. But noteworthily, both (UKVI + local council) do liaise & interact over various issues through their own secure channels. Now better to just follow them instead undertaking any untested manoeuvre in hast.
Hi, i haven't applied for the report with them yet. I was only speaking with the council over the phone for more information. At one point, she even suggested to look for a private body who does report if i need it fast as she said it will take almost a month with them.
Does council report has more value in the eyes of ukvi compared with private report?
I am thinking to look more vigorously for private body who does report.
I just fear ukvi end up putting me under 10 year route if caseworker isn't satisfied with my accommodation!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:58 am

ssasi2020 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:51 am
seagul wrote:
ssasi2020 wrote:
Hi,
Hi, i haven't applied for the report with them yet. I was only speaking with the council over the phone for more information. At one point, she even suggested to look for a private body who does report if i need it fast as she said it will take almost a month with them.
Does council report has more value in the eyes of ukvi compared with private report?
I just fear ukvi end up putting me under 10 year route if caseworker isn't satisfied with my accommodation!
Not aware of HO placing more value on the ones from council than from private body. Note that the inspection by the private surveyor is carried out by qualified and accredited professionals that has a body/organisation regulating their standards.
Several persons on this forum and on others including me submitted housing inspection provided by private surveyors and UKVI had no problem with it.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:35 am

ssasi2020 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:51 am
seagul wrote:
ssasi2020 wrote:
Hi,
You hadn't fully clarified it earlier that it was just a theory. So just hire any reasonably established letting agent even from neighboring town. Since there is no list of accredited bodies so using anyone of them (excluding online one) will certainly be accepted.

ssasi2020
United Kingdom

Post by ssasi2020 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:14 pm

Isn't the report has to be prepared at least by chartered surveyor, i don't know if estate agent has one of them. When i was speaking with one of them, she said she doesn't have the qualifications to carry out such report.
There are so many 'online' but its so hard to find legit one with proper office and accredited from relevant body.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:09 pm

ssasi2020 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:14 pm
Isn't the report has to be prepared at least by chartered surveyor, i don't know if estate agent has one of them. When i was speaking with one of them, she said she doesn't have the qualifications to carry out such report.
There are so many 'online' but its so hard to find legit one with proper office and accredited from relevant body.
Either you aren't reading previous replies or heavily entrenched with your own misconception relating to property inspection report. Well to keep it utmost simplified, anyone dealing with the property with an office can prepare it. If you couldn't find anyone who because of either being incognizant about it or not willing to do it then I am afraid there is no solution.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:14 pm

ssasi2020 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:14 pm
The organisation called xxxxxxx has the below to say about who can prepare a housing report;

“So who can conduct a Housing Report?”
There is no certain requirements as to who must conduct a Housing Report.

After all, you may be surprised to know that a Housing Report is not a specified supporting document in the Immigration Rules.

Therefore, there are no specific guidelines as to whom the report must be written by or what format or information it must include.

With this in mind, housing reports, when conducted, are usually done by chartered surveyors.

On the other hand, some councils (e.g. Manchester City Council, as seen here) list on their website that they are able to carry out ‘UKVI property inspections’.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:24 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:14 pm

The organisation called xxxxxx has the below to say about who can prepare a housing report;
They are an OISC immigration experts likewise several others and their guidance is their own personalized interpretation of law which isn't always corroborate to official guidance.

ssasi2020
United Kingdom

Post by ssasi2020 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:58 pm

I found company x online. They are legal firm but carry out house report and has own dedicated website for it. I looked through review and over 40 positive reviews. Is it worth going with them . Or i should stay away from online as suggested by seagul on earlier post.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:02 pm

ssasi2020 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:58 pm
I looked through review and over 40 positive reviews.
Don't mind them
ssasi2020 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:58 pm
Or i should stay away from online as suggested by seagul on earlier post.
Only consider them if they have any tangible location (office) and will carry out that inspection in person.

ssasi2020
United Kingdom

Post by ssasi2020 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:53 am

Hi ,
I work for independent pub so she (owner) uses outsourced payroll. They issue payslip on Wednesday stating my paydate , that falls on every Friday. But when she pays me she transfer me the money manually from her business account. Usually she transfer the money on Friday but there are more than few occasions when she transferred me money on Saturdays or sundays which means in my bank statement it shows on Monday.

So the payslip payment date and bank statement doesn't match. Is this an issue? Should i need to provide a letter about it to ukvi?
She will need to write a letter to confirm my employment anyway, should she add why pay date is different.

First half of my payslip are original but after covid are printed, will she require to sign them?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:00 am

So the payslip payment date and bank statement doesn't match. Is this an issue?
No!!
Should i need to provide a letter about it to ukvi?

NO!
She will need to write a letter to confirm my employment anyway, should she add why pay date is different.
NO!
First half of my payslip are original but after covid are printed, will she require to sign them?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ssasi2020
United Kingdom

Post by ssasi2020 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:46 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:00 am
So the payslip payment date and bank statement doesn't match. Is this an issue?
No!!
Should i need to provide a letter about it to ukvi?

NO!
NO!
No.
Thank you CR001,

I am furloughed flexibly at the moment. She has been paying me 20% extra on top of 80% under furlough scheme. And payslip states as 'weekly pay' for that 20% part. However, some week i do more than my average weekly hours so i only get paid for the hours i worked for that week.
Does she need to mention it on the 'employment conformation letter', saying that she is paying 20% while i am on furloughed.or clarify what that 'weekly pay' is about which is in payslip.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:40 pm

ssasi2020 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:46 am

I am furloughed flexibly at the moment. She has been paying me 20% extra on top of 80% under furlough scheme. And payslip states as 'weekly pay' for that 20% part. However, some week i do more than my average weekly hours so i only get paid for the hours i worked for that week.
Does she need to mention it on the 'employment conformation letter', saying that she is paying 20% while i am on furloughed.or clarify what that 'weekly pay' is about which is in payslip.
Yes as its a key information

ssasi2020
United Kingdom

Post by ssasi2020 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:35 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:40 pm
ssasi2020 wrote:

Ok. Thank you. Any suggestion what the wording should be on the letter.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:55 pm

ssasi2020 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:35 pm
seagul wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:40 pm
ssasi2020 wrote:

Ok. Thank you. Any suggestion what the wording should be on the letter.
There is no template.

ssasi2020
United Kingdom

Post by ssasi2020 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:34 pm

Accommodation wise i have-
1.Lodger agreement printed from spareroom , filled and signed by me and landlord.
2.House inspection report prepared by private company (they claim to be qualified and has surveyor registered with RICS).
3.letter from landlord conforming my stay and agreed my son,6, can stay with me usually 2 nights a week.

Is above all , sufficient to satisfy accommodation requirement

Will i need to provide copy of my landlord's passport to ascertain, provided letter from my landlord is actually from him?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:52 am

ssasi2020 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:34 pm
1.Lodger agreement printed from spareroom , filled and signed by me and landlord.
2.House inspection report prepared by private company (they claim to be qualified and has surveyor registered with RICS).
3.letter from landlord conforming my stay and agreed my son,6, can stay with me usually 2 nights a week.

Yes fine
ssasi2020 wrote:
Will i need to provide copy of my landlord's passport to ascertain, provided letter from my landlord is actually from him?
Not mandatory.

ssasi2020
United Kingdom

Post by ssasi2020 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:20 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:52 am
ssasi2020 wrote:

Yes fine
ssasi2020 wrote:
Not mandatory.
What needs to be included in the letter from landlord?
Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:42 pm

ssasi2020 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:20 pm
seagul wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:52 am
ssasi2020 wrote:

Yes fine
ssasi2020 wrote:
Not mandatory.
What needs to be included in the letter from landlord?
Thank you.
There is no fixed template rather can be prepared with any easy and succinct words delineating all key information about the tenure such as your date of moved in, rent dates and whether are up to date, landlord basic information and most importantly a confirmation that there won't be any overcrowding.