ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by iamawonder » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:19 am

People waiting for IDV App - Hope you are keeping an eye out on any email invitation for app use including the junk folder, especially April/May applicants (since people will be invited in phases).
And please update this forum once you receive any email. Thanks

youyuanannie
United Kingdom

Post by youyuanannie » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:41 am

sustbd wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:04 am
Kris001 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:31 pm
Just writing my experience if its of any help to anyone:

Applied for SET(O) from Tier 2 Gen on 25 July and uploaded all documents on same day on UKVCAS portal. Got biometric reuse e-mail on 5th Aug with an option to opt out of IDV app by 10th Aug, 5pm. Opted out on 7th Aug in the morning.
Got e-mail inviting to book appointment on 13th Aug. Managed to book for 15th Aug in Glasgow. (all appointments were paid only and cost £110 per person).
Biometrics appointment lasted about 10 mins, they took photo and finger prints, scanned all pages of the passport. They did not ask for anything else, not even BRP. They then said, the ILR application to UKVI is now complete and I should wait to hear from them.
Please share with us after getting a decision from UKVI. I have submitted my biometric August 15 as well. Thanks.
Almost the same here. I also applied via Tier 2 Gen and got my biometric enrolled on 11th August. So far, I have heard nothing and don't know how long it is going to take to get a decision. Please share if you have more update. Cheers.

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:46 am

Yes looking forward to the email.

At the moment, getting this error: "This account has no cases enabled for Mobile Access".

I really hope they start giving access this week so we all who are dependent on IDV app can submit our photos.

LZ_90
Singapore

Post by LZ_90 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:32 am

According to a Q&A document published by UKVCAS on 14 Aug 2020, they will start inviting people to use the app this week.

whdkfk
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by whdkfk » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:38 am

youyuanannie wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:41 am
sustbd wrote:
Kris001 wrote:

Applied for SET(O) from Tier 2 Gen on 25 July and uploaded all documents on same day on UKVCAS portal. Got biometric reuse e-mail on 5th Aug with an option to opt out of IDV app by 10th Aug, 5pm. Opted out on 7th Aug in the morning.
Got e-mail inviting to book appointment on 13th Aug. Managed to book for 15th Aug in Glasgow. (all appointments were paid only and cost £110 per person).
Biometrics appointment lasted about 10 mins, they took photo and finger prints, scanned all pages of the passport. They did not ask for anything else, not even BRP. They then said, the ILR application to UKVI is now complete and I should wait to hear from them.
Please share with us after getting a decision from UKVI. I have submitted my biometric August 15 as well. Thanks.
Almost the same here. I also applied via Tier 2 Gen and got my biometric enrolled on 11th August. So far, I have heard nothing and don't know how long it is going to take to get a decision. Please share if you have more update. Cheers.
Same! I submitted mine on the 14th. Please keep sharing updates with each other

ilr_applicant_2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by ilr_applicant_2020 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:47 am

amjadani wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:16 pm
Hi everyone,
this is my first ever Q in this forum, I have few questions if anyone kind enough to guide me.
Q 1 I Submitted my application on 8th July but since then waiting for biometric appointment, has anyone in similar situation?
Q2. what is OPT Out? i saw few post people talking that they opt out, is it beneficial and how can i opt out?

Q, on UKVCAS website it say applicants who applied till 31 July can book appointment but how?? shall i wait for their email and when likely they are emailing to applicants?
Thank you so much..have Great weekend
On point 2, OPTing OUT means opting out of biometric re-use through the UKVCAS IDV APP. UKVCAS has started sending invites to applicants who have OPTed OUT to book and attend in-person appointments at a UKVCAS service point.

ilr_applicant_2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by ilr_applicant_2020 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:51 am

pinku09 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:18 am
Sez30 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:02 am
We opted to use the app, but now regretting it as it doesn’t seem to be coming any time soon. We applied June 7th.
Has anyone tried opting out after the 7th August, Do you think we could?
I'm in the same situation, i tried to opt out (14/08) lets see what happens. Ideally they should allow as the app is no where ready and is expected to launch in trial early September.
You may want to call UKVCAS on 03301231199 to check. Please note that this is NOT a premium phone number so just your regular network charges should apply. It would take 50-55 minutes to get through.

ilr_applicant_2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by ilr_applicant_2020 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:55 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:30 pm
I thought to share as this post may help new applicants joining the forum or applicants from August and onwards.
Also it may answer some frequently asked questions.

Steps to follow after completing the form online:

Step 1: Pay and submit application via UKVI.

Tip: Date of application is the date you pay and submit online, biometrics date is irrelevant.

Step 2: After payment, you will reach “further actions page.” If you click on “book an appointment,” system will reroute you to create an account on UKVCAS where you can upload your documents and book an appointment.

Tip: You are sent an access code to set up an account on UKVCAS which usually lands up in Junk folder.

Booking an appointment is opening up in phases. Check the UKVCAS flash message for updates. As of now, it is only open for applicants who submitted applications before 31st July.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

Step 3: Booking system is not open for August applicants as of now.

Next step will be communicated to you via email; either you will be chosen to attend the biometrics appointment OR UKVI will reuse your biometrics from a previous application.

If you fall under the latter group, you will have to wait for IDV app to launch to provide your facial image (which is expected to launch in August).

Tip: You are given a deadline to submit your biometrics on the further actions page. Ignore that, you will not be penalised even if you can not fulfil it.

Step 4: Now you can submit your documents to UKVI via UKVCAS portal even before your biometrics. The option usually appears when you have uploaded all your documents, sign out and sign in again. The option can be found on the “document upload page” right at the bottom.

Note: You can only submit once, so make sure your documents are complete before you submit.
You will be able to add more documents via your appointment/IDV app on a later stage whatever your circumstance be.

Tip: The best approach would be to benefit from the new feature.

Note: For certain categories/cases, the CW may request for the documents to be submitted via email. It does not matter if you already have submitted via UKVCAS portal, you can still submit documents via email if requested.

Step 5: Once the process as stated above is completed, you should wait for a decision.

Tip: Be vigilant and regularly check your email as all communication for next steps will be sent via email.
Hi CULLINAN,
This is very helpful. It would help further you can also add tentative timeline/ duration against each step. Ideally, this post should be pinned to the top/ beginning of the posts so that it doesn't get lost in the messages.

ilr_applicant_2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by ilr_applicant_2020 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:56 am

iamawonder wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:07 am
Some good news for all those waiting for the IDV app. I can see the app on Android playstore (should also be on apple Store). So, things seem to be moving quickly! Hopefully people should receive invites soon. Fingers crossed!
Thanks for informing iamawonder. Much appreciated.

har_p3

Post by har_p3 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:58 am

LZ_90 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:32 am
According to a Q&A document published by UKVCAS on 14 Aug 2020, they will start inviting people to use the app this week.
Where did you see that on the document? I went through it and could not find any reference to the app.

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/sopr ... as/FAQ.pdf

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:04 am

LZ_90 wrote:
Useful info, thanks for sharing!

LZ_90
Singapore

Post by LZ_90 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:05 am

har_p3 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:58 am
LZ_90 wrote:
Where did you see that on the document? I went through it and could not find any reference to the app.

Page 22, point 17 :)

mumofmini
United Kingdom

Post by mumofmini » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:08 am

Here Q17 in the FAQ document

17.When will the UKVCAS IDV app be available?
The IDV app will be available to selected applicants from week commencing the 17 August 2020
onwards

har_p3

Post by har_p3 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:21 am

LZ_90 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:05 am
har_p3 wrote:
LZ_90 wrote:

Page 22, point 17 :)
Thanks. So today is 18th August, hopefully some people will start receiving invites soon. Fingers crossed!

ilr_applicant_2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by ilr_applicant_2020 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:23 am

har_p3 wrote:
LZ_90 wrote:

Mentioned in the FAQ document - https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/sopr ... as/FAQ.pdf

When will the UKVCAS IDV app be available?
The IDV app will be available to selected applicants from week commencing the 17 August 2020
onwards

youyuanannie
United Kingdom

Post by youyuanannie » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:36 am

whdkfk wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:38 am
youyuanannie wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:41 am
sustbd wrote:
Kris001 wrote:

Same! I submitted mine on the 14th. Please keep sharing updates with each other
We are all pretty recent biometric en-rollers. May I please ask if there are any Tier 2 General applicants who have submitted biometric a long time ago but are still waiting for a decision? Hopefully the HO won't keep us waiting for up to 6 months.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:59 am

ilr_applicant_2020 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:55 am
Hi CULLINAN,
This is very helpful. It would help further you can also add tentative timeline/ duration against each step. Ideally, this post should be pinned to the top/ beginning of the posts so that it doesn't get lost in the messages.
Sadly there is no pattern. You will have to wait and follow official UKVCAS website for updates. All initial communication will be via email. Also, keep an eye on this topic as members share about the recent developments which are helpful.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ILRGB
India

Post by ILRGB » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:22 pm

GondalUK wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:30 pm
Finally wait is over, received an email invitation to book an appointment.

I managed to book an appointment for earlier next working day (Monday, 17th August). There were only 2 service points with appointments available on Monday, 17th August (Both in Scotland).

I nearly checked all centers available in UK, if someone want to ask availability dates in any center I made screenshots and can provide details.

Best of luck!
hey how was your experience at the appointment center? Did you carry original passport, BRP and degree and other documents (pdf) in a pen drive? What documents do they look for at the center in addition to passport?

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:28 pm

I submitted my biometrics yesterday after optout. Good to know that IDV app is available on app store and they are going to start inviting selected people from this week.

Out of curiosity, I tried to search on play store using keywords "ukvcas idv" but it was not returning any results. I noticed that many people on forum reported that they were able to search and even install the app but it was not available on play store on my phone. My phone is latest version, Samsung S10 Plus.

After that I tried another phone (Huawei Honor 20) and I was able to search and install IDV app without issue. So this made me think that app is not compatible/available for all type of andriod phone models yet.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:38 pm

ILRGB wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:22 pm
GondalUK wrote:

I managed to book an appointment for earlier next working day (Monday, 17th August). There were only 2 service points with appointments available on Monday, 17th August (Both in Scotland).

I nearly checked all centers available in UK, if someone want to ask availability dates in any center I made screenshots and can provide details.

Best of luck!
hey how was your experience at the appointment center? Did you carry original passport, BRP and degree and other documents (pdf) in a pen drive? What documents do they look for at the center in addition to passport?
I attended my biometrics appointment yesterday at 9:30 am in Gloucester. The lady who attended me during the appointment was very helpful, she told me that this is 1st day and I am the 1st person to attend the appointment after the service point resumed services after lockdown. On UKVCAS website, the date to open this center is still w/c 24 August. So may be they offered few appointments this week for testing.

As a safe side I had all original documents with me, but she only taken passport and scanned all pages, taken finger prints and a photo. However, she asked me if I wish to upload any other document, but I was happy with all documents that I had already uploaded and submitted.

ILRGB
India

Post by ILRGB » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:52 pm

GondalUK wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:38 pm
ILRGB wrote:
GondalUK wrote:

Best of luck!
I attended my biometrics appointment yesterday at 9:30 am in Gloucester. The lady who attended me during the appointment was very helpful, she told me that this is 1st day and I am the 1st person to attend the appointment after the service point resumed services after lockdown. On UKVCAS website, the date to open this center is still w/c 24 August. So may be they offered few appointments this week for testing.

As a safe side I had all original documents with me, but she only taken passport and scanned all pages, taken finger prints and a photo. However, she asked me if I wish to upload any other document, but I was happy with all documents that I had already uploaded and submitted.
ok thanks did you also opt for the SMS service to receive the update, they offer this while booking the appointment I think.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:17 pm

ILRGB wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:52 pm
GondalUK wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:38 pm
ILRGB wrote:
GondalUK wrote:

Best of luck!

ok thanks did you also opt for the SMS service to receive the update, they offer this while booking the appointment I think.
I didn't select any additional services like sms service, I had the standard appointment. Also I am not sure if sms service is any helpful. This is the UKVI that inform about decision not the UKVCAS.

Sminx12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sminx12 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:13 pm

The Sopra Steria UKVCAS site suggests not to upload copy of passports or BRP in the document upload for application. But people who uploaded all documents and got the decision by biometric re-use must have uploaded that. Also do i need to upload the copy of downloaded/submitted application?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:50 pm

Its best to read pages 20-24 to have an understanding how IDV app will work.

UKVCAS IDV app FAQS

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

whdkfk
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by whdkfk » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:22 pm

I did my biometrics last Friday 14th (after submitting application on July 27th) but just now I received an email UKVI saying "Although we would normally decide your application within six months from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this is not going to be possible in your case."

Can someone please confirm if this is just a standard email? Very strange I should receive this after submitting my biometrics, and also it says "This is not going to be possible" in a definitive tone, which seems different from the responses that the others got.

Has anyone else who applied in July got a similar email?