ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

angel1
Newly Registered

Post by angel1 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:53 pm

Hello everyone i am new to this forum as i have submitted my husbands papers on the 1st of agust and i am waiting for the past 16 17 working days i am really confused as i am not sure how much time they take as i heard from alot of people they take 7 to 10 working days but reading from this topic i am getting confuse can anyone help me with this i would be very greatful .

lovebird786

Post by lovebird786 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:12 pm

hi mrsi, i included, visa form, both passport and birth certifcate photocopy, sponser letter, 7 month payslips, letter confirming from my boss that i work for her company, p60, 6 month saving bank statement, nika nama, wedding photos, photos of my husband with me when he was in uk before, letter from my parents saying that they are happy for me n husband to live at there house and my parents dont require us to pay any bills rent, tennacy agreement, letter from my landlord stating that the rent is being paid and is up to date, loads of phone cards, valentine card, birthday/love/miss u cards, photocopy of a land documents me n my parents own, photocopies of me sending him money after marriage just to show that i am supporting him,. thats about it really, only thing im worried is about my salalry, its about 600 a month, but i just save that, i dont even spend on anything, anyways, i just hope everything goes well INSHALLAH and for everyone.

mrsi

Post by mrsi » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:20 pm

Aww Thank you for telling me i do really hope for the best for you and pray your husbands visa INSHALLAH you will get it .dont worry i am sure they will reply back to you soon .

chelsearule
Newly Registered

Post by chelsearule » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:26 pm

oahmed : Hi Thanks for the message , nothing yet it works out to be 8 weeks for me tomorrow that is including weekends so who knows keep checking the status and as soon as it changes I'll inform my wife. I think you should be up very soon.

Good Luck with everything and again congratulations to all who have their visas and those who are waiting be patient I know it's difficult but worrying will not change anything it makes things worse for both parties. What a beautiful month for our partners to arrive Ramadan Kareem to all.

lovebird786

Post by lovebird786 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:51 pm

thanks mrsi, when did u apply for visa and where from?

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:49 am

Hi All,

Checked the website & called VAC ... no change, same information.
Still waiting....

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:18 am

Angel1 - the official time duration is 'up to 60 working days', but it seems that it could be anywhere in between. Some ppl are getting quick responses (within a couple of weeks) others including myself are still waiting 8.5 wks on!! All I would say is do not rely on what your told by the VAC, keep in constant touch with them & check the website as well ... just keep believing and remain positive, hopefully, you'll get a response soon :D

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:20 am

Congrats Lion - really happy for you, hope you and your missus have a great life together.

maj97

Post by maj97 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:13 pm

congrats lion!!!!

lion
Newly Registered

Post by lion » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:07 pm

Thanks everyone for your nice messages. The visa was stamped for 21st august and the website was updated 26th, so thats not too bad.

I really hope and pray you all hear some good news soon.

angel1
Newly Registered

Post by angel1 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:11 pm

thank you oahmed for the info ..i was told the papers will be back by 15 working days but now it has past 15 working days wow 60 days are alot , but from my knowledge and people who have been submitting there papers have got them soon i really amm worried as i wanted to spend this eid with my hubby i hope to hear soon coz one of my mates husbands visa has happen last week and she had to wait just 20 working day soo umm...lets see

cutesweetgal

Post by cutesweetgal » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:56 am

Angel I Hope Your Visa Responds Come Quick But Dont Have To Many Hope IT will Come Early Coz Trust Me ITS BEEN 3 and half weeks For Me now And Still No Answer So ..JuSt Have Abbit Patience I know Its HARD i Really Want To see My Hubby Its Been Ages Since i Saw Him As My Husband Was Refused Once Before So ...I am Very deprresesed Latly Anyways I am Praying For each And EveryOne InshAllah We Will Hear From Them SOON and Ofcouse INSHALLAH good postive News ! :)

saiqabb

Post by saiqabb » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:04 am

I think if u are told ul find out within in 15days u will get a respond from them so angel1 i dont think u have netin to worry about as far as i know recently whoever has applied they were told 15days time and they got a respond back.My hubby gave his case on the 17th july and they told him it will take 2-3 months to hear back from them so its been 4us 32working days.I dont think weekends are included so i dont add the weekends.I pray every1 gets their visas soon.My hubby had all the papers so dont know why we were told it will take 2-3 months time.

angel1
Newly Registered

Post by angel1 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:26 pm

Helloo everyone yeah saiqabb yeah i was told it will take 15 days but its been 19 working days but as i mailed bhc and i got a reply from them today and they have said that they have checked and i have got a visa and that the papers should be back by monday . :)

chelsearule
Newly Registered

Post by chelsearule » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:36 pm

angel1 : Very pleased for you. Where did you apply? We appled at ISL and it is taking forever for them to reply. Please can you let me know.

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:24 pm

Congrats Angel1 - thats fantastic news & such a quick turnaround!!

ChelseaRule - I know .... its now very nearly a full 9 weeks and still nothing, the same updates and information.

Dont get me wrong, Im delighted for everyone recieving their responses, but just cannot understand why its taking sooooo long for us!! Really frustrating.

Suppose I gotta remain patient & hopefully I'll receive some positive news soon inshallah.

saiqabb

Post by saiqabb » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:04 pm

Congratz angel1 im very happy 4u itz gud news.Which email address did you email bhc at? And what details did u write on the email so i can email them.I rang them today but they check on the internet just the way we do so makes no difference.I thought they might check by the passport number but they dont.

mrsi

Post by mrsi » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:02 pm

hi Angel can you please tell me when did you email bhc and how long did they take to reply you back as i have email them few days before but have not got a reply back so i wanted to know .

angel1
Newly Registered

Post by angel1 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:49 pm

Chealsearule thank you i applied in mirpur fedex . also thanks oahmed .
saiqabb thanks and i emailed them on this visqry2.Islamabad@fco.gov.uk and you should email and ask it will make a difference i had to give my husbands reference number passoport number the name and date of birth and also what ia m enquiring about also you need a autority letter from your husband to write to them . and mrs they replied me back in 5 working days . THANK you .

Sunzibad
Newly Registered

Post by Sunzibad » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:14 pm

Salaam All,

I stumbled across this forum whilst googling for information in regard to Visa Settlement applications, waiting times, processes and steps.

I would just like to congratulate those who have had positive responses and Visas granted by the BHC. I would like to commiserate those who have found themselves being toyed with at the expense of the ECO's - Inshallah Allah (SWT) will ease the frustration. Ameen.

Right, so my wife submitted her application form via the VAC based in Lahore - to my frustration I know it's only been a couple of days but I wanted to ask whether anybody knew why the GRY/PK/... ref comes back with an 'invalid search' message? Could this be due to the fact that the application was only very recently submitted? (Evidently, I have been bitten by the eager beaver too :D )

I'm starting to feel quite negative about my application. I forgot to enclose bank statements (I did not take them to Pakistan with me when I got married). I did, though, include my last 4 P60's, and my last 6 pay-slips. And, excuse the pun, am now 'banking' on the fact that I'm a Civil Servant to give credibility to my wife's application (not that there is anything contentious about our application... catch my drift?)

I would appreciate any feedback - if anyone has any.

I guess you can expect to catch me around this forum (Not for too long, I hope :D ), as I too am now impatiently playing the waiting game - My games just started :( - Inshallah I hope for a favourable response..

Good Luck to those applying and waiting for VISA's - Oh and to those who have been successful; I hope you can now resume life as you had envisaged.

Salaam

mrsi

Post by mrsi » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:06 pm

Sunzibad you r giving wrong ref number on ther site giv the ref number which starts with QML on the receipt giving by gerry'z this number is written below ur name Hope it works Byee !

Sunzibad
Newly Registered

Post by Sunzibad » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:49 am

Thanks alot mrsi...

That was the reference number I was looking for - I received this response: "Your visa application has been forwarded to the BHC Islamabad."

Inshallah all goes well - I hope for some blessings on this front this Ramza'an.

Ramza'an Mubarak everyone - I hope all of your impending cases are promptly resolved.

Sala'am

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:12 am

Ramadan Mubarak everyone :D

Week 10 - checked the website, made the calls to the VAC - still no news & all the usual updates.

ChelseaRule - any news for you yet???

maj97

Post by maj97 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:49 am

cutesweetgal havent heard much from u lately. u k????? any news???

chelsearule
Newly Registered

Post by chelsearule » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:27 pm

oahmed: no mate sorry no updates all the usual. It's really frustrating but the matter is out of our hands. Lets hope that we all hear some good news in this special month.

Please can everyone remember me in their prayers.