ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question on online application - documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mrbill
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Question on online application - documents

Post by mrbill » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:01 pm

Hi,

I'm an EU national with permanent residence applying for UK naturalisation. I have ticked all the boxes as far as I can see - and am using the online application rather than the paper one. I must say - this online application is not clear at all - almost diabolical :lol:

My question - once i've filled in the online forms - what happens after I pay? I saw some mention here in some closed threads of uploading scans of all my documents? There is no mention of this in the online form. I'm very reticent to post all my original documentation and passports.

Thanks,

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Question on online application - documents

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:19 pm

NO originals are posted - as you said you upload scans of your documents. There should be list of documents generated after you have submitted and paid and you can then load documents as required.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

mrbill
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mrbill » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:22 pm

So are they all checked when you go to the SSC then?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:29 pm

mrbill wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:22 pm
So are they all checked when you go to the SSC then?
UKVCAS are not advisers, they will check whether documents are loaded and legible. You bring your passport as proof of identity - the invitation for biometrics should give you instructions what else to bring if anything. If you are in doubt about any document just ask a question in this thread.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

mrbill
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mrbill » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:43 pm

Yes, by 'checked' i mean that they were what they were purported to be when I scanned them in.

Yes, another question - I have dual EU/Canadian citizenship. I mentioned this in the online form, and they are asking me to bring a Canadian passport to prove my spoken English. Though I'm technically a citizen, i don't have a Canadian passport - I travel on my EU passport. I did the B1 English oral exam and have the verification code, but nowhere in the online application did it ask for this. I suspect because I'm a dual citizen. I put the info in one of the comments fields - just wondering if this has come up before and if there is something further I may need to do.

Thanks,

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:56 pm

Presumably you selected the option "majority English speaking country"? How do you prove you are Canadian, if you have to?
Alternatively, if you can, change the option to B1 test, or upload the pass letter with number and explain.

mrbill
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mrbill » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:02 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:56 pm
Presumably you selected the option "majority English speaking country"? How do you prove you are Canadian, if you have to?
Alternatively, if you can, change the option to B1 test, or upload the pass letter with number and explain.
There is no such question about 'majority English speaking country' - at least not one I saw on the online application. They want me to prove Canadian by showing a passport - which I do not have. No matter, I have the B1 cert to prove English proficiency.

I was going to upload the letter and the verification code - I was just wondering if there was a better way.

mrbill
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mrbill » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:37 pm

Is a letter from my employer enough for proof of residency or do i need to provide additional info like P60's etc.

Thanks,

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:21 pm

Letter from employer is sufficient - no further evidence required.

mrbill
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mrbill » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:12 pm

What formats do they accept for scanned documents? PDF OK? If it is a multi-page document, would it be OK to put them all in the same PDF - or must it be separate JPG's?

I'm not at that stage yet - so don't know, but i'll probably have all the paperwork in order soon to start the process.

Thanks,

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:28 pm

mrbill wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:12 pm
What formats do they accept for scanned documents? PDF OK? If it is a multi-page document, would it be OK to put them all in the same PDF - or must it be separate JPG's?

I'm not at that stage yet - so don't know, but i'll probably have all the paperwork in order soon to start the process.

Thanks,
Make it multi-page PDF though keep an eye on document size.