ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AnILRApplicant
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by AnILRApplicant » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:40 pm

whdkfk wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:22 pm
I did my biometrics last Friday 14th (after submitting application on July 27th) but just now I received an email UKVI saying "Although we would normally decide your application within six months from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this is not going to be possible in your case."

Can someone please confirm if this is just a standard email? Very strange I should receive this after submitting my biometrics, and also it says "This is not going to be possible" in a definitive tone, which seems different from the responses that the others got.

Has anyone else who applied in July got a similar email?
That's new - do you have a complicated immigration history? Which immigration route are you? SET(O) Tier 2?

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:42 pm

AnILRApplicant wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:40 pm
whdkfk wrote:
I did my biometrics last Friday 14th (after submitting application on July 27th) but just now I received an email UKVI saying "Although we would normally decide your application within six months from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this is not going to be possible in your case."

Can someone please confirm if this is just a standard email? Very strange I should receive this after submitting my biometrics, and also it says "This is not going to be possible" in a definitive tone, which seems different from the responses that the others got.

That's new - do you have a complicated immigration history? Which immigration route are you? SET(O) Tier 2?
Seems to be a auto-generated email and a lot of people seem to have got it. Please see this page.
https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1918237

whdkfk
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by whdkfk » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:43 pm

AnILRApplicant wrote:
whdkfk wrote:

not at all. Worked in the UK for the same employer 5 years straight. Studied in the UK prior to that. Set (O) tier 2.

mike9370
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mike9370 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:43 pm

whdkfk wrote:

I think this is the default COVID email that most people get. Perhaps it's sent by default when a caseworker begins to review your application (just speculation). I applied around the same time and received this email at the end of July, but with the text " unfortunately this is may not be possible in your case. " So I guess I got both "is" and "may" :lol:

Based on the timeline thread, it seemed most people were getting an answer within a week or so of submitting biometrics, so hopefully, that trend continues and answers start coming back soon.

AnILRApplicant
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by AnILRApplicant » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:45 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:42 pm
AnILRApplicant wrote:
whdkfk wrote:

Seems to be a auto-generated email and a lot of people seem to have got it. Please see this page.
https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1918237
It's new - those emails came before biometrics

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:47 pm

whdkfk wrote:

I applied on 15th July and also got similar email on 28th July. The only difference was that in my email the tone was little different like following:

"Although we would normally decide your application within six months from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this may not be possible in your case."

Also I get that email from case worker and before biometrics.

What was the email address of the sender, generic email or the email address of the case worker?

AnILRApplicant
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by AnILRApplicant » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:48 pm

whdkfk wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:43 pm
AnILRApplicant wrote:
whdkfk wrote:

not at all. Worked in the UK for the same employer 5 years straight. Studied in the UK prior to that. Set (O) tier 2.
Interesting. Did you get asked for your documents at any point? via email?

whdkfk
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by whdkfk » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:50 pm

GondalUK wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:47 pm
whdkfk wrote:

I applied on 15th July and also got similar email on 28th July. The only difference was that in my email the tone was little different like following:

"Although we would normally decide your application within six months from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this may not be possible in your case."

What was the email address of the sender, generic email or the email address of the case worker?
It was a generic email address: WorkSponsored@homeoffice.gov.uk

whdkfk
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by whdkfk » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:51 pm

AnILRApplicant wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:48 pm
whdkfk wrote:
AnILRApplicant wrote:
whdkfk wrote:

Interesting. Did you get asked for your documents at any point? via email?
No I didn't get asked before. I uploaded them on UKVCAS before my biometrics

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:56 pm

whdkfk wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:50 pm
GondalUK wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:47 pm
whdkfk wrote:

It was a generic email address: WorkSponsored@homeoffice.gov.uk
The email that I received was email address of the case worker, I applied on 15th July, email received for requesting document on 21 July and email with delay on 28th July.

It looks like when case worker 1st look on the case it send this generic email to inform about possible delay due to covid-19. However, there can be other reasons as well like if they want to do further checks before deciding on application.

sk1984

Post by sk1984 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:56 pm

whdkfk wrote:
AnILRApplicant wrote:
whdkfk wrote:

Moderators,

As requested by some other members is it possible to open a new thread for IDV app ? We can see this thread being used for discussing every other email exchange with UKVI/UKVCAS.

londonuk9
England

Post by londonuk9 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:22 pm

Yes its good idea to open another thread for IDV app users.....

It will be separate from appoitment centre booking .....

I am waiting for IDV app email to use application.....lets see ...

Moderator -Can you please support us?

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:33 pm

Sminx12 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:13 pm
Also do i need to upload the copy of downloaded/submitted application?
You are not required to.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

alyo
Zambia

Post by alyo » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:57 pm

Hi

I have OPTED OUT on 6th of Aug. Still no email or able to book an appointment.

Is anyone else having the same issue.
I called sopreasteria and they confirmed that received the Opt out email...

I am a tier 1 applying for ILR.

Please advise

sustbd
United Kingdom

Post by sustbd » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:15 pm

ILRGB wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:43 am
sustbd wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:04 am
Kris001 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:31 pm
Just writing my experience if its of any help to anyone:

Applied for SET(O) from Tier 2 Gen on 25 July and uploaded all documents on same day on UKVCAS portal. Got biometric reuse e-mail on 5th Aug with an option to opt out of IDV app by 10th Aug, 5pm. Opted out on 7th Aug in the morning.
Got e-mail inviting to book appointment on 13th Aug. Managed to book for 15th Aug in Glasgow. (all appointments were paid only and cost £110 per person).
Biometrics appointment lasted about 10 mins, they took photo and finger prints, scanned all pages of the passport. They did not ask for anything else, not even BRP. They then said, the ILR application to UKVI is now complete and I should wait to hear from them.
Please share with us after getting a decision from UKVI. I have submitted my biometric August 15 as well. Thanks.
hey how was your appointment experience? Did you I take with you all originals like passport, brp, English language cert and also all other submitted documents (employer letter, payslip, bank statements) on a pendrive?
Yes, I took everything original and printed copies. I took all soft copies as well. However, he asked me only for my passport. He scanned my passport and took my finger prints and photo. It was completed within 10 minutes.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Post by mesn » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:02 am

IDV App usage instruction from Sopra

Kris001
Newly Registered
India

Post by Kris001 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:57 am

Kris001 wrote:

Applied for SET(O) from Tier 2 Gen on 25 July and uploaded all documents on same day on UKVCAS portal. Got biometric reuse e-mail on 5th Aug with an option to opt out of IDV app by 10th Aug, 5pm. Opted out on 7th Aug in the morning.
Got e-mail inviting to book appointment on 13th Aug. Managed to book for 15th Aug in Glasgow. (all appointments were paid only and cost £110 per person).
Biometrics appointment lasted about 10 mins, they took photo and finger prints, scanned all pages of the passport. They did not ask for anything else, not even BRP. They then said, the ILR application to UKVI is now complete and I should wait to hear from them.
Here's an update from me: just received the following email similar to what another applicant here reported.

--------------
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.

We apologise for the inconvenience, however, due to the worldwide response to COVID-19, UKVI services are currently limited and we are not able to meet our usual service standards.

Although we would normally decide your application six months from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this is may not be possible in your case.
-----------------

whdkfk
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by whdkfk » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:05 am

Kris001 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:57 am
Kris001 wrote:

Here's an update from me: just received the following email similar to what another applicant here reported.

--------------
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.

We apologise for the inconvenience, however, due to the worldwide response to COVID-19, UKVI services are currently limited and we are not able to meet our usual service standards.

Although we would normally decide your application six months from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this is may not be possible in your case.
-----------------
Good to know I’m not the only one who received that email after biometrics. At least yours says “may not be”, mine said “not going to be”. Hope this is just an auto generated email. Fingers crossed there is good news this week

What was the title of your email? Mine was ukvi delay notice + my name and UAN

cheeish
Newly Registered

Post by cheeish » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:58 am

Hi guys, anyone got an email about IDV app ?

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:11 am

navkant wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:02 am

Hi @navkant, thanks for sharing this. Have you received the instructions in your email? Where did you find this video? Thanks

dantorrez
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by dantorrez » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:34 am

whdkfk wrote:
AnILRApplicant wrote:
whdkfk wrote:

Just ignore it. I got my Biometrics done in early August and got decision 2 weeks ago. My BRP arrived last Friday. And still I got this email about potential delay yesterday, after my process had been complete and BRP delivered. It seems their automated emails are a mess.

dsharma7
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by dsharma7 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:42 am

I haven't seen a single post in the Timelines section from March , April or May applicants. It seems UKVI is just focusing on applications from July.

Please can I request March , April and May applicants to update the timelines page if they have received the decision as many of us must have submitted bio metrics after opting out.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Post by mesn » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:56 am

iamawonder wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:11 am
navkant wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:02 am

Hi @navkant, thanks for sharing this. Have you received the instructions in your email? Where did you find this video? Thanks
Hi, I found it on a different group. I am not an applicant.

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:44 am

The invites were supposed to be sent from 17th Aug onwards, we are already mid-week and so far there is no communicated update either via emails or as a service status update on UKVCAS site.

Has anyone received the email to use the UKVAS IDV app yet?

Dekedaba
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Dekedaba » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:00 pm

Nowhere did they mention sending invites on 17th August, they were clear enough in saying week commencing 17th August. So they have until the evening of Sunday the 23rd of August before the crucifixion can begin.