ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:23 pm

Baba_Ge wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:04 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:50 am
17. When will the UKVCAS IDV app be available?
The IDV app will be available to selected applicants from week commencing the 17 August 2020
Page 22

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/sopr ... as/FAQ.pdf
The document available at this link has only 18 pages. Not sure where did you find this info from?
It has 24 pages.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:31 pm

skasyap wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:03 pm
CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:59 am
skasyap wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:55 am
What is an App called ? I can’t see anything related to IDV on App Store yet.
It is only available on Android playstore at the moment but not usable as yet.
Thanks 🙏
I tried testing on two different android phones. I was not able to search and install on 1st phone (Samsung S10 Plus). However, when I tried 2nd phone (Huawei Honor 20) then I was able to search and install IDV app without issue. So this made me think that app is not compatible/available for all andriod phone models at the moment.

Baba_Ge
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Baba_Ge » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:42 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:23 pm
Baba_Ge wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:04 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:50 am
17. When will the UKVCAS IDV app be available?
The IDV app will be available to selected applicants from week commencing the 17 August 2020
Page 22

The document available at this link has only 18 pages. Not sure where did you find this info from?
It has 24 pages.
Got it! The old version of file was cached on my device - had to do a hard refresh. Cheers.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:49 pm

Its best to read pages 20-24 to have an understanding how IDV app will work.

UKVCAS IDV app FAQS

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:41 am

IDV APP - Launched on both platforms (Android and IOS). FAQ and video published how and when this will be available.
Has anyone received email to submit their face image yet if you made application in March, April or May ??

ConnyHawk
Newly Registered
India

Post by ConnyHawk » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:56 am

Due to travel resrictions, are local post offices able to perform biometrics e.g. take finger prints?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:56 am

ConnyHawk wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:56 am
Due to travel resrictions, are local post offices able to perform biometrics e.g. take finger prints?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ConnyHawk
Newly Registered
India

Post by ConnyHawk » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:10 am

JT123 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:56 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:32 pm
I thought to share as this post may help new applicants joining the forum or applicants from August and onwards.
Also it may answer some frequently asked questions.

Steps to follow after completing the form online:

Step 1: Pay and submit application via UKVI.

Tip: Date of application is the date you pay and submit online, biometrics date is irrelevant.

Step 2: After payment, you will reach “further actions page.” If you click on “book an appointment,” system will reroute you to create an account on UKVCAS where you can upload your documents and book an appointment.

Tip: You are sent an access code to set up an account on UKVCAS which usually lands up in Junk folder.

Booking an appointment is opening up in phases. Check the UKVCAS flash message for updates. As of now, it is only open for applicants who submitted applications before 31st July.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

Step 3: Booking system is not open for August applicants as of now.

Next step will be communicated to you via email; either you will be chosen to attend the biometrics appointment OR UKVI will reuse your biometrics from a previous application.

If you fall under the latter group, you will have to wait for IDV app to launch to provide your facial image (which is expected to launch in August).

Tip: You are given a deadline to submit your biometrics on the further actions page. Ignore that, you will not be penalised even if you can not fulfil it.

Step 4: Now you can submit your documents to UKVI via UKVCAS portal even before your biometrics. The option usually appears when you have uploaded all your documents, sign out and sign in again. The option can be found on the “document upload page” right at the bottom.

Note: You can only submit once, so make sure your documents are complete before you submit.
You will be able to add more documents via your appointment/IDV app on a later stage whatever your circumstance be.

Tip: The best approach would be to benefit from the new feature.

Note: For certain categories/cases, the CW may request for the documents to be submitted via email. It does not matter if you already have submitted via UKVCAS portal, you can still submit documents via email if requested.

Step 5: Once the process as stated above is completed, you should wait for a decision.

Tip: Be vigilant and regularly check your email as all communication for next steps will be sent via email.
Hello, this is super helpful, thanks!

I am at step 3 as I just completed online application last week. I never provided biometric details (always queued up lanes that I had to present my ILR stamp & passport at airport immigration in the past) - so in that case, I can only make a booking once I receive email from UKVCAS to make booking and not before?

As for step 4 - I am hoping that I could book extra scanning & checking services but if unavailable, but under what circumstances is one allowed to provide more documents via appointment? Will photocopies be sufficient or will they scan from the original if necessary?

I assume '6 months' period starts once step 5 is over?

Sorry for many misc. questions, but would appreciate any feedback!

Hi all,
How is this UKVCAS process different to the Gov.UK process?
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-service

My biometric card will expire in February so I'm keen to follow the correct process.
(I'm Indian and marries to UK national and I'm here on Spouse Visa).
TIA

londonent
United States of America

Post by londonent » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:18 am

Those are all parts of the same process. As part of your application you have to submit biometrics, before you would have booked an appointment online and attended a centre. The biometrics is actually taken by a separate company not UKVI. Due to Covid-19 and centres being closed they have introduced the new app

ConnyHawk
Newly Registered
India

Post by ConnyHawk » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:47 am

londonent wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:18 am
Those are all parts of the same process. As part of your application you have to submit biometrics, before you would have booked an appointment online and attended a centre. The biometrics is actually taken by a separate company not UKVI. Due to Covid-19 and centres being closed they have introduced the new app
OK thank you ))
So I should fill in the GOV.UK form first and then the UKVI form?

londonent
United States of America

Post by londonent » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:51 am

You should make an application with UKVI online and then it will guide you what you need to do next

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:11 pm

Hello all,

I understand this is a fast paced moving topic as new developments appear every other day.

However, we have to consider that all moderators, Respected Gurus, Diamond/Senior members devote their time and energy to help out without being paid.

Especially, the moderators have the tedious task of monitoring every single post for abusive language/spam etc for the smooth running of the board.

Therefore, having another topic would just increase the moderators load of monitoring another thread which is unnecessary.

I would urge you all to please stick to biometrics/IDV related questions in this group ONLY.

In my personal opinion copy pasting CW email communications/generic emails etc should be banned in this group. This topic should be specifically to discuss biometrics and IDV app issues as thats related to biometrics.

Any other personal visa specific questions/issues should be discussed in your own topics so this thread could be easier to monitor and helpful at the same time for all.

In the end we should give respect to anyone contributing to this forum especially the moderators who do a tedious task of keeping the forum moving voluntarily without being paid!

Thank you.

Haminal321
Newly Registered

Post by Haminal321 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:35 pm

Sopra stevia and Ukvi have released a comprehensive how to use the IDV app for those invited for biometric reuse link is below.
https://t.co/wfFGELahiH?amp=1

Parisiana
United Kingdom

Post by Parisiana » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:30 am

Did anyone who opted out from the IDV app and submitted biometrics in the past few days get an update on their application? Thanks all

udutt
India

Post by udutt » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:16 am

Haminal321 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:35 pm
Sopra stevia and Ukvi have released a comprehensive how to use the IDV app for those invited for biometric reuse link is below.
https://t.co/wfFGELahiH?amp=1
Hi all,

This looks like we have to submit the application all over again. I have already uploaded and submitted all the required documents on UKVCAS webportal. I am not sure that previously submitted documents will complete all the checks as mentioned in the app and will allow to submit. I hope that this using this app will not change the date of submission of application,

Uma

Fendi
Bahamas

Post by Fendi » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:32 am

Someone in another group reported receiving an invitation to us the IDV app which they did yesterday!!
They applied in March

Very promising so let’s keep waiting.. don’t understand why invitations are also being done in phases!! Why don’t they send to everyone and UKVI can process in date order!!!

JT123
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by JT123 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:14 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:47 pm
In normal circumstances, you can only purchase documents checking service at the time of booking your appointment.
Since, you can not book the appointment for now, this does not apply.
Tbh, documents checking service is a waste of £35 in my opinion. The staff checks your documents at the appointment regardless.

Having said that, for now you have an option to submit via UKVCAS portal. That would be the best approach to use. Lets say you submit. You will only get the option to submit once. Make sure your documents are complete before you submit.

Lets say, you would like to add more documents AFTER hitting the submit button, you can not.

Then, you will ONLY be able to upload to the system but not submit to UKVI until your appointment or via IDV app at a later stage.

Hope it is clear now.
Sorry to get back to you on this, but now I started gathering my supporting document and have more questions... Not sure if this has been discussed already but would highly appreciate if you could help.

1. travel history
On checklist from UKVI says any passports I have held and on UKVCAS sites, it mentions travel history - for that I believe I should upload any pages that contain personal details, visas, or immigration stamps? I have 2 expired passports full of stamps and took picture of 2 pages / doc and there are too many docs (approx. 30 docs just for travel history). Is this the way to do, or are there better way to do this?

2. Evidence of continuous residency
On check list it shows evidence to prove continuous residency in the UK since becoming a permanent resident. It says the document(s) must cover every year since obtaining ILR, and list examples of documents (council tax letter, GP letters, bills, or letter of employment confirmation).

I have obtained the letter of employment which states: "XX is employed in a full time, permanent basis at XX (with address) from xx xx 20xx (start of employment dates & year prior to ILR) till date". Is this sufficient to prove 'every year since obtaining ILR'? The letter doesn't show my current address but employer's address - is this o.k.? Is Is there any template or better phrase if not sufficient?

Alternatively I can provide additional documents that aren't listed as example, such as annual bank statement, or tax code notification, for years when I was living as a tenant - can those be used? (GP letter is not good enough either, as I didn't really go to GP that often). Again, loads of docs as 1 JPEG/PDF per year.

3. Current & original document showing right to stay
Another evidence I have to provide is current document showing my right to stay in the UK AND original document showing grant of settlement - for me, both are the same and I only have 1 which is ILR vignette on my expired passport. On online application it was required to tick every item to complete so I had to and I only have ILR vignette to fulfill them. Any foreseeable problems?

4. Categories
UKVI check list categories (mandatory vs. other) & UKCVAS categories are slightly different. Does is matter where docs are being uploaded?

Sorry for long question, but would highly appreciate any help on this!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:18 am

@JT123

Please read my message just 4 posts above. These questions are not relevant to this topic. Please start your own topic for your case specific questions.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:31 am

Hi All, please leave this as biometric reuse and IDV related discussion only. It’s getting harder to follow any update.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:27 pm

The above guidance was updated on 19th August, showing IDV launch week commencing 17th. I am pretty hopeful that the IDV invites will start pouring in today or tomorrow.

Plus, one thing to note is, once you hit the submit button on IDV, nothing can be changed. Make sure you take your time and are content before hitting the submit button.

Parisiana
United Kingdom

Post by Parisiana » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:30 pm

fanta wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:28 pm
londonent wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:20 pm
The applications are definitely being processed. I am also within the "waiting for the app group" but got my solicitor got a call last week asking for some additional documents. So they are definitely reviewing the case. I submitted the documents through UKVCAS website once that option became available
That is good to hear. I have always been under the impression that they start considering the application after the biometrics.
Hi Fanta, may I ask you what additional supporting documents the HO asked you to provide? Thanks

fanta
United Kingdom

Post by fanta » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:35 pm

Parisiana wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:30 pm
fanta wrote:
londonent wrote:
The applications are definitely being processed. I am also within the "waiting for the app group" but got my solicitor got a call last week asking for some additional documents. So they are definitely reviewing the case. I submitted the documents through UKVCAS website once that option became available
That is good to hear. I have always been under the impression that they start considering the application after the biometrics.
Hi Fanta, may I ask you what additional supporting documents the HO asked you to provide? Thanks

No additional document received. I opted out and went for a biometric appointment on the 14th August. I got the approval today in an email. Now starts the wait for ceremony as my council hasn't resumed it so far.

We will all get there eventually. Good luck!

londonent
United States of America

Post by londonent » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:40 pm

I know the deadline has passed to opt out of IDV for June applicants, but has anyone tried opting out anyway. Maybe they would accept latecomers?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:46 pm

londonent wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:40 pm
I know the deadline has passed to opt out of IDV for June applicants, but has anyone tried opting out anyway. Maybe they would accept latecomers?
No you will not be accepted now. However, once you are invited for IDV app, you will have an option to book an appointment then in case you are unable to provide your biometrics through IDV for whatever reason.

soul_mickey
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by soul_mickey » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:47 pm

fanta wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:35 pm
Parisiana wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:30 pm
fanta wrote:
londonent wrote:

No additional document received. I opted out and went for a biometric appointment on the 14th August. I got the approval today in an email. Now starts the wait for ceremony as my council hasn't resumed it so far.

We will all get there eventually. Good luck!
If i am correct in understanding, you were better off by opting out of the app and going for a biometric appointment. That is really annoying and frustrating (not against you but the system) as the people who chose to use the app instead of going for a biometric appointment have been at a clear disadvantage now. Their case is basically on hold till UKVCAS can come up with something tangible and it seems like it was the wrong option to choose. I was given the option "because they have identified i do not need to get my biometrics taken again" so i dont see why a picture through an app is so important.