ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa issue

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tinasangi30
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Visitor Visa issue

Post by tinasangi30 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:07 pm

Hi Team,
I have one problem which relates to my mother in law's visa. She came to London in March and her return is scheduled in Sep and she has a tourist visa until January next year. Now as we all know tourist can only stay for 6 months in UK and should return back once this period is over.

Now this month, she had a major injury and got many stitches on her face and her health is very weak these days. She lives alone in India and her all 3 daughters are in London only. And during this pandemic, she is really scared and nervous going back alone there.

So I just wanted to understand is there any option or alternative where we can speak to somebody and extend her stay for at-least 2 months so that her health can get better and she would feel good travelling alone. Please if there are options or alternative to get this sorted, please let me know your thoughts soon.

Thank you very much in advance.
Rohan

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Visitor Visa issue

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:16 pm

Hello

Please please don't mess up with visitor visas. The story of the mother in law who is fine to travel to the UK but too sick to travel back home, I heard it dozens of times. Home Office caseworkers must hear it thousands of the times each year.

I am not assuming your story is not genuine, but I am telling you that you have the statistics against you on this one.

You can try pushing forward these claims but you need to consider 2 things:

- You will not get her any right to live long term in UK starting from a visitor visa
- She will compromise her immigration history and won't get visitor visas in the future

I am being realistic with you here. Once the immigration history starts looking awful, no visitor visas will be awarded in the future. I have seen a gentlemen who applied for a visitor visa and got denied because of an overstay 15 years prior!

If you are fully determined, it starts here:

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-vis ... -your-visa

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:59 pm

tinasangi30 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:07 pm
Hi Team,
I have one problem which relates to my mother in law's visa. She came to London in March and her return is scheduled in Sep and she has a tourist visa until January next year. Now as we all know tourist can only stay for 6 months in UK and should return back once this period is over.

Now this month, she had a major injury and got many stitches on her face and her health is very weak these days. She lives alone in India and her all 3 daughters are in London only. And during this pandemic, she is really scared and nervous going back alone there.

So I just wanted to understand is there any option or alternative where we can speak to somebody and extend her stay for at-least 2 months so that her health can get better and she would feel good travelling alone. Please if there are options or alternative to get this sorted, please let me know your thoughts soon.

Thank you very much in advance.
Rohan
Her 3 daughters are in UK, she is alone in India. Even before pandemic, plan is for her to stay straight 6 months....That is how HO will start building up a picture even though it is not the reality.
An alternative is to prepare to accompany her on return flight to allay her fear and nervousness.
In the interest of further future visits and or successful application, do not jeopardize.

tinasangi30
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by tinasangi30 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:30 am

Hi Zerubbabel/AamazonianX
Thank you both for your quick reply. I can understand where you guys are coming from. No one wants to embrace any problems in future visas but yes some non genuine cases have literally ruined the genuine cases as well.

Apart from the points you mentioned in your reverts is there any other option we can speak to HO and show them the severity physically so that they can understand the situation.? Any options/thoughts will be appreciated.

Thanks
Rohan

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:35 pm

tinasangi30 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:30 am

Apart from the points you mentioned in your reverts is there any other option we can speak to HO and show them the severity physically so that they can understand the situation.? Any options/thoughts will be appreciated.

Thanks
Rohan
If the returning flights are in operation which actually are, despite with severe delays then there won't be any discretion allowed as the the injury doesn't seems life threatening/infectious.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

tinasangi30
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by tinasangi30 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:54 pm

Hi All
Sorry I couldn't revert back earlier and first of all I want to thank all the above people who took out some time and replied on my query.
When i sent this above question at the same time I filled the form of exceptional assurance visa scheme. I explained them the situation and they asked me to wait for their revert. Now after 2.5 months, I have received their email and asking my mother in law to return back on 30th Nov. They also confirmed that the time she overstayed from 9th Sep will not be considered as official over stayed time as it was a global pandemic problem. My mother in law would be returning back on 30th Nov now as she is quite stable now in terms of her health and can travel alone.

Thanks

londonuk9
England

Post by londonuk9 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:02 am

Hi Tinasangi30

Do you have a draft letter to send Home office for ‘exceptional assurance’?

My parents are in the same situation would like to apply for it...

Thanks