ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

settle status and new boimetric card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sandy1988
India

settle status and new boimetric card

Post by sandy1988 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:31 am

Hello everone need help i am non eu citizen i applied settle status and recieved it i am already holding permanent residence card under eea law expiring in 2028 My question is the email say it not proof of your status for employers landord etc etc but say you can visit that page and check your status which i jave checked its ok but how my employers will check it and 2 question in last page its say about residence card That you will recieve a residence in 10 working days after the date of this letter if you not recieve it in 15 days contact us ..so will i get a new residence card under eu setlllement scheme automatically or i have to appply i will be thankfull if someone anwer that thanks.

kamoe
European Union

Re: settle status and new boimetric card

Post by kamoe » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:57 pm

sandy1988 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:31 am
My question is the email say it not proof of your status for employers landord etc etc but say you can visit that page and check your status which i jave checked its ok but how my employers will check it
In the outcome letter it clearly says:
You will be able to use the online checking service to show your right to work to an employer by letting them view your status online.
So your answer is that you give them the link to review your status, and the document number you used to apply. Same as you reviewed it online.
and 2 question in last page its say about residence card That you will recieve a residence in 10 working days after the date of this letter if you not recieve it in 15 days contact us ..so will i get a new residence card under eu setlllement scheme automatically or i have to appply i will be thankfull if someone answer that thanks.
It was my understanding that people were issued new BRCs only if they did NOT have already a BRC. So either things have changed and they are issuing cards to everyone, or you just received a standard letter regardless of the fact that you in fact will not receive a card.

I'd say follow the instructions of the letter. See if you receive anything at all after 15 days, if not, contact the EU Resolution center, and explain you already have a card. They might tell you to wait for your card... or they might tell you you need to convert your EEA RC into a EUSS card, as many people have done, as explained in this post.

But do wait and see if you get the card. Things are constantly changing, so it might be that you do not need to do anything.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kamoe
European Union

Re: settle status and new boimetric card

Post by kamoe » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:03 am

Further to the above, the text on my own outcome letter reads:
If you do not currently hold a biometric residence card, you should receive your residence card within seven working days. A leaflet will accompany the card which will give you more information about it.

If you do not receive the card within 10 working days of the date of this letter or you find a mistake on your card, please report this using the service at http://www.gov.uk/brp.
So I suggest you re read your letter. It probably says you will receive a card if you do not currently hold one. Since you already hold a card, you will not receive one.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.