ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

atto123
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by atto123 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:17 pm

navkant wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:38 pm
atto123 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:15 pm
navkant wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:45 pm
atto123 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:27 pm
Update

I shared this update with my solicitor and she wasn't aware of this. She couldn't book any appointments for any of her clients yet and Sopra have not been useful. So, I suspect it's a common issue for many Solicitors and hopefully will be resolved soon.
OK. The point is there is no way that this can be rectified soon...these solicitors are platinum partners and they face these issues, i dont even understand..

SanemUK
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by SanemUK » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:49 pm

Hi,

I urgently need to change my appointment but do not know what to do, please help!

moonpie77 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:37 pm
Hi All,
I applied on June 15th and managed to get Biometrics enrolled only on August 15th. In between there were list of confusing things that happened, so here is a timeline:

1. Application Submitted June 15 (Tier 2 General + 2 dependents, Set (0)
2. Uploaded all documents to UKVACS over the next few days (at the time there was no "Submit" button or atleast they didn't show me one.
3. On June 21 I received and email requesting for documents to be sent via email. The email also says if you are unable to send documents via email it won't affect your application.
4. Tried to send documents but email got rejected due to attachment size. Tried twice and failed.
5. On June 23rd, I received another email saying my application processing may take more than 6 months (the same format as others have posted here). I panicked and thought this is because I hadn't sent documents via email. So I wrote back to them saying I am sorry but I can't send the documents because I don't know what attachment size is acceptable.
6. Soon after on the same day I broke my documents down to sizes of about 5Mb zip files each and send all the documents they had asked for. Also ensured all of those were uploaded in UKVCAS as well.
7. On June 24th I received a response to the email sent in step 5 saying it's is okay, it was a generic email and that attachment size should be 10Mb.
8. I received no further communication from the email address where I had sent the documents. No acknowledgement, nothing.
9. July 14th, I logged back into UKVACS portal and found that a "Submit" button and checkbox had appeared. So I did a recheck of documents and hit submit.
10. July 20th, I received email to Book an appointment. Frustratingly the link they provided would not show my anything, it would take me to login, then I would log in and it would land on a dumb "Loading..." page. After spending a couple of frustrating days trying to look for Appointment slots (everything seemed filled at the time but could be I didn't go back far enough on every center), I called them. Eventually after 40 minutes of call waiting I was told I could book in Birmingham starting August 11th. I booked for August 15th (110 GBP per person).
11. Early August I again called them to see if I could move the appointment to Swindon because Swindon center was open by then, but the lady on phone said I would have to cancel my appointment first for her to do anything, even to tell me if there was a Swindon appointment available I had to cancel first. I gave up.
12. Finally did Biometrics enrollment on August 15 in Birmingham and now waiting anxiously for any further response.
(A colleague of mine applied for ILR Set(M) and got approval email the very next day after Biometrics, but Set(M)s generally get approved quicker...)

I didn't post this in timeline because I wanted to add the additional bits of details, hopefully it will help someone. I'll post final updates in the Timeline discussion.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:54 pm

SanemUK wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:49 pm
Hi,

I urgently need to change my appointment but do not know what to do, please help!

moonpie77 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:37 pm
Hi All,
I applied on June 15th and managed to get Biometrics enrolled only on August 15th. In between there were list of confusing things that happened, so here is a timeline:

1. Application Submitted June 15 (Tier 2 General + 2 dependents, Set (0)
2. Uploaded all documents to UKVACS over the next few days (at the time there was no "Submit" button or atleast they didn't show me one.
3. On June 21 I received and email requesting for documents to be sent via email. The email also says if you are unable to send documents via email it won't affect your application.
4. Tried to send documents but email got rejected due to attachment size. Tried twice and failed.
5. On June 23rd, I received another email saying my application processing may take more than 6 months (the same format as others have posted here). I panicked and thought this is because I hadn't sent documents via email. So I wrote back to them saying I am sorry but I can't send the documents because I don't know what attachment size is acceptable.
6. Soon after on the same day I broke my documents down to sizes of about 5Mb zip files each and send all the documents they had asked for. Also ensured all of those were uploaded in UKVCAS as well.
7. On June 24th I received a response to the email sent in step 5 saying it's is okay, it was a generic email and that attachment size should be 10Mb.
8. I received no further communication from the email address where I had sent the documents. No acknowledgement, nothing.
9. July 14th, I logged back into UKVACS portal and found that a "Submit" button and checkbox had appeared. So I did a recheck of documents and hit submit.
10. July 20th, I received email to Book an appointment. Frustratingly the link they provided would not show my anything, it would take me to login, then I would log in and it would land on a dumb "Loading..." page. After spending a couple of frustrating days trying to look for Appointment slots (everything seemed filled at the time but could be I didn't go back far enough on every center), I called them. Eventually after 40 minutes of call waiting I was told I could book in Birmingham starting August 11th. I booked for August 15th (110 GBP per person).
11. Early August I again called them to see if I could move the appointment to Swindon because Swindon center was open by then, but the lady on phone said I would have to cancel my appointment first for her to do anything, even to tell me if there was a Swindon appointment available I had to cancel first. I gave up.
12. Finally did Biometrics enrollment on August 15 in Birmingham and now waiting anxiously for any further response.
(A colleague of mine applied for ILR Set(M) and got approval email the very next day after Biometrics, but Set(M)s generally get approved quicker...)

I didn't post this in timeline because I wanted to add the additional bits of details, hopefully it will help someone. I'll post final updates in the Timeline discussion.
In your UKVCAS account, under "Appointment Booking" there is a button "Manage services". If you click that button/link you will see an option to cancel appointment. After cancellation you will be able to book biometric appointment for a new date or service center.

I followed the same steps as I also had to change my appointment service center.

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:51 pm

Update IDV email
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (14.92 KiB) Viewed 2862 times
Hope for the best for all IDV club

Regards

AB

sarabaksa
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by sarabaksa » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:02 am

I submitted my application for long residence ILR on 7th August, haven't uploaded my documents yet because I'm waiting to see what happen but I've not received any communication nor able to book biometric appointments (as expected).

Has anyone heard back for their August applications?

strong_and_stable
Cook Islands

Post by strong_and_stable » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:50 am

sarabaksa wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:02 am
I submitted my application for long residence ILR on 7th August, haven't uploaded my documents yet because I'm waiting to see what happen but I've not received any communication nor able to book biometric appointments (as expected).

Has anyone heard back for their August applications?
I don't expect August applicants will hear anything until the first week of September. This follows the trend of the past couple of months. UKVI and UKVCAS have their hands full with the opt-outs and IDV rollout now.

They aren't even offering August applicants VIP appointments until well in to September, which suggests they have no intention of handling our applications before this month is over.

Late July applicants who opted out really hit the sweet spot in terms of timing... :lol:

Heartbreakkid
Pakistan

Post by Heartbreakkid » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:08 am

Hello guys
I’m new on this forum I need to ask a quick question I submitted my wife application on 18th August and received email from ukvi application submitted.But on the final task it’s not give me any link to create the account with UKVCAS only message display below.Kindly get back to me on this
You cannot currently book an appointment at a Service and Support Centre
UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) have temporarily closed Service and Support Centres (SSCs) because of coronavirus (COVID-19).

You cannot book an appointment. If you've already made an appointment to attend an SSC, UKVI will be contacting you to cancel it.

You'll be told when you can book a new appointment.

Your immigration status in the UK will not change as a result of you not being able to attend an appointment.

For further information plea

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:02 am

***** IDV App Update ****

One person on the other forum has received invitation to use IDV App on Wednesday.

This is what he has reported..
ILR application submitted on 28th March and invitation to use IDV app received today Documents were
already submitted via UKVCAS account at the time of aaplication. So, it was only ID verification needed in
the IDV app today. Documents were ready for submission in the app and needed only a tap in the red
button as advised...

Gread News for those waiting for the IDV app..

Another person reported that when he called UKVCAS they said they have already started inviting people for IDV App.
ZR

shahkb
Pakistan

Post by shahkb » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:56 am

People have started receiving IDV app invitation and IDV app (under Sopra Steria) available to download.

But the people who received invitations are facing login issues with the message "This account has no cases enabled for mobile access"

I dont know how to react to this haha.

Applied on 12th April.

Fingers crossed for IDV club, our application has taken one step forward.

shahkb
Pakistan

Post by shahkb » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:14 am

Here is the video link on how to use UKVCAS IDV app

IDV hopes coming through.

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:20 am

shahkb wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:56 am
People have started receiving IDV app invitation and IDV app (under Sopra Steria) available to download.

But the people who received invitations are facing login issues with the message "This account has no cases enabled for mobile access"

Applied on 12th April.

Have you received the email to use IDV app ? Want to understand if the invites have been sent to April applicants.

shahkb
Pakistan

Post by shahkb » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:29 am

ROHITSHAH4 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:20 am
shahkb wrote:

Applied on 12th April.

Have you received the email to use IDV app ? Want to understand if the invites have been sent to April applicants.
My brother applied on 28th March. He received the invite and was given access to the app and uploaded his facial photo for ID verification. Now waiting for outcome. As always predicted it will be phased invites. So early April applicants are next.

Good luck.

Carrington1234
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Carrington1234 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:38 am

i applied on April 1. I havent received the IDV invite yet. Hopefully i'll get it tomorrow.

harshitguptaiitr
India

Post by harshitguptaiitr » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:42 am

*** IDV ***

Read on a Facebook Immigration Forum:

UKVCAS is aiming to make IDV App login enable for eligible March and April applicants between 12noon - 4pm Thursday (today).

For eligible May and June applicants, this will be on Friday (tomorrow) between 12noon - 4pm.

I don't know if this is just a rumour, a hope, or official information. But if you are March or April applicant and waiting for IDV, then no harm in trying to login at 4pm this afternoon.
Please DO NOT send me a Private Message for immigration advice.

My responses are not a substitute for professional legal advice. My response does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor is it a solicitation to offer legal advice.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:59 am

shahkb wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:29 am
ROHITSHAH4 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:20 am
shahkb wrote:

Applied on 12th April.

My brother applied on 28th March. He received the invite and was given access to the app and uploaded his facial photo for ID verification. Now waiting for outcome. As always predicted it will be phased invites. So early April applicants are next.

Good luck.
Thanks for this info. Positive sign indeed. Would be good if you can post regarding the decision also. Would be interesting to know if decision timeline for IDV app is any different from physical appointments.

Gilo
Hong Kong

Post by Gilo » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:33 am

Sadly, this IDV app is only allowed to download and use in the UK... my Apple account was still set in my home country and now I have to change the region to the uk and Retype my payment card Details and I lost the game renewal.(just one of the imperfections of this app) Nothing serious. Cheers

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:38 am

Gilo wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:33 am
Sadly, this IDV app is only allowed to download and use in the UK... my Apple account was still set in my home country and now I have to change the region to the uk and Retype my payment card Details and I lost the game renewal.(just one of the imperfections of this app) Nothing serious. Cheers
Have you received an invite yet? Or you just tried downloading and using it? if you did get an invite, which month did you apply in?

sk1984

Post by sk1984 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:39 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:08 pm
sk1984 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:56 pm
Moderators,

As requested by some other members is it possible to open a new thread for IDV app ? We can see this thread being used for discussing every other email exchange with UKVI/UKVCAS.
Hello all,

I understand this is a fast paced moving topic as new developments appear every other day.

However, we have to consider that all moderators, Respected Gurus, Diamond/Senior members devote their time and energy to help out without being paid.

Especially, the moderators have the tedious task of monitoring every single post for abusive language/spam etc for the smooth running of the board.

Therefore, having another topic would just increase the moderators load of monitoring another thread which is unnecessary.

I would urge you all to please stick to biometrics/IDV related questions in this group ONLY.

In my personal opinion copy pasting CW email communications/generic emails etc should be banned in this group. This topic should be specifically to discuss biometrics and IDV app issues as thats related to biometrics.

Any other personal visa specific questions/issues should be discussed in your own topics so this thread could be easier to monitor and helpful at the same time for all.

In the end we should give respect to anyone contributing to this forum especially the moderators who do a tedious task of keeping the forum moving voluntarily without being paid!

Thank you.
My apologies. I would surely with you on all of the above points.If it wasn't this forum (moderators) then the only option left would have been solicitors or UKVI agent (murky world :) )

strong_and_stable
Cook Islands

Post by strong_and_stable » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:47 am

Gilo wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:33 am
You can temporarily setup a separate UK Apple ID just to download the UKVCAS app and then switch back to your normal account that has your home country billing address.

ksrangal
India

Post by ksrangal » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:25 pm

Hello,

I have install UKVCAS IDV APP and when I try to login it says "This account has no cases enabled for Mobile Access".

Recently, I have filled in MN1 application form for my daughter to register her as British Citizen. However, there are not appointment available via Sopra Streia account.

Please suggest what I'm suppose do further ?

Cheers!!!

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:36 pm

ksrangal wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:25 pm
Hello,

I have install UKVCAS IDV APP and when I try to login it says "This account has no cases enabled for Mobile Access".

Recently, I have filled in MN1 application form for my daughter to register her as British Citizen. However, there are not appointment available via Sopra Streia account.

Please suggest what I'm suppose do further ?

Cheers!!!
This app is invitation based. You won't be able to use it unless invited. Please keep an eye on your email for any invitation to use this app including spam folder.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:28 pm

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/sopr ... as/FAQ.pdf

The above guidance was updated on 19th August, showing IDV launch week commencing 17th. I am pretty hopeful that the IDV invites will start pouring in today or tomorrow.

Plus, one thing to note is, once you hit the submit button on IDV, nothing can be changed. Make sure you take your time and are content before hitting the submit button.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mmas0112

Post by mmas0112 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:20 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:28 pm

The above guidance was updated on 19th August, showing IDV launch week commencing 17th. I am pretty hopeful that the IDV invites will start pouring in today or tomorrow.

Plus, one thing to note is, once you hit the submit button on IDV, nothing can be changed. Make sure you take your time and are content before hitting the submit button.
I received this today from UKVCAS by email, said to share it with you.

UKVI has asked us not to invite these customers for an appointment. At the moment, we cannot confirm when this new way of working will be launched but we will contact all customers to explain the next steps over the coming weeks.
Thank you for your continued patience.

londonent
United States of America

Post by londonent » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:32 pm

mmas0112 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:20 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:28 pm

I received this today from UKVCAS by email, said to share it with you.

UKVI has asked us not to invite these customers for an appointment. At the moment, we cannot confirm when this new way of working will be launched but we will contact all customers to explain the next steps over the coming weeks.
Thank you for your continued patience.
So the UKVCAS was told not to invite people to use IDV app? Sorry, it was not quite clear from the above

samsmith
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by samsmith » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:36 pm

Hi all,

Just wanted to share that I just got my ILR approval email. It's been so stressful but it gets better. Wish you all the best of luck!

Thanks