ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Correction Certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

TartanNYY
Newly Registered
Scotland

Citizenship Correction Certificate

Post by TartanNYY » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:54 am

Hi,

My wife had to return her citizenship certificate due to an error. While we know the certificate has been received, they can't give us a status update online or over the phone. The only thing we can do is chase up the home office via email...which I'm sure many of you know can take a while.

Has anyone had any prior experience with having to send a certificate for correction and how long it should take?

Malikg123
United Kingdom

Re: Citizenship Correction Certificate

Post by Malikg123 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:12 am

Normally it takes 3/4 weeks may be due to current situation It might take longer.

TartanNYY
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by TartanNYY » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:36 am

Thanks for your reply. Do you know that time frame from experience or is it just a general timeline you are aware of. The advice line folk said there is no standard processing time as it isn't that common.

I assumed it shouldn't take too long as it should be a simple, "yes we're correcting it" or "no, we're not"

Fingers crossed it isn't too long

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:24 pm

The advice line is an outsourced third party agent. They have no access to the details of your application etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TartanNYY
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by TartanNYY » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:38 pm

yeah the advice line is just for advice and not much else. I guess the only way to chase it in the meantime is via email as that actually goes to the home office rather than just the advice line folk.

again fingers crossed for a quick resolution.

Malikg123
United Kingdom

Post by Malikg123 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:49 pm

My friend done correction last year he send it in November received within 3/4 weeks if you call they will there is no time frame for it but from his experience I would say it should take more then 4 weeks.

First he got a letter after 2/3 weeks confirming correction has made and you will received certificate in due course which he did after 10 days.

TartanNYY wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:36 am
Thanks for your reply. Do you know that time frame from experience or is it just a general timeline you are aware of. The advice line folk said there is no standard processing time as it isn't that common.

I assumed it shouldn't take too long as it should be a simple, "yes we're correcting it" or "no, we're not"

Fingers crossed it isn't too long