ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:38 pm

mmas0112 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:20 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:28 pm
https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/sopr ... as/FAQ.pdf

The above guidance was updated on 19th August, showing IDV launch week commencing 17th. I am pretty hopeful that the IDV invites will start pouring in today or tomorrow.

Plus, one thing to note is, once you hit the submit button on IDV, nothing can be changed. Make sure you take your time and are content before hitting the submit button.
I received this today from UKVCAS by email, said to share it with you.

UKVI has asked us not to invite these customers for an appointment. At the moment, we cannot confirm when this new way of working will be launched but we will contact all customers to explain the next steps over the coming weeks.
Thank you for your continued patience.
Please mention proper dates and circumstance when posting as this could mislead other members. The text of this email seems to be old. This was the email sent previously. Unless otherwise more members report the same or full text of email is seen nothing can be deduced.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

AnILRApplicant
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by AnILRApplicant » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:41 pm

samsmith wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:36 pm
Hi all,

Just wanted to share that I just got my ILR approval email. It's been so stressful but it gets better. Wish you all the best of luck!

Thanks
Can you share your timeline on the timelines thread. Which route were you?

samsmith
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by samsmith » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:46 pm

AnILRApplicant wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:41 pm
samsmith wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:36 pm
Hi all,

Just wanted to share that I just got my ILR approval email. It's been so stressful but it gets better. Wish you all the best of luck!

Thanks
Can you share your timeline on the timelines thread. Which route were you?
5 years on Tier 2 so Set (O). Online application on 06/05/2020. In July I was put in the bio reuse group but opted out on 04/08/2020. Got invite to book an appointment on 13/08 and was able to book a next day one biometrics appointment for 14/08/2020. Got approval email today.

Note: I was emailed by the case worker back in June to send them my documents which followed by the "unfortunately your application will take longer than 6 months" which made my heart drop, but evidently it's just a generic email they send everyone so don't mind that.

Good luck!

mmas0112

Post by mmas0112 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:56 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:38 pm
mmas0112 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:20 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:28 pm
https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/sopr ... as/FAQ.pdf

The above guidance was updated on 19th August, showing IDV launch week commencing 17th. I am pretty hopeful that the IDV invites will start pouring in today or tomorrow.

Plus, one thing to note is, once you hit the submit button on IDV, nothing can be changed. Make sure you take your time and are content before hitting the submit button.
I received this today from UKVCAS by email, said to share it with you.

UKVI has asked us not to invite these customers for an appointment. At the moment, we cannot confirm when this new way of working will be launched but we will contact all customers to explain the next steps over the coming weeks.
Thank you for your continued patience.
Please mention proper dates and circumstance when posting as this could mislead other members. The text of this email seems to be old. This was the email sent previously. Unless otherwise more members report the same or full text of email is seen nothing can be deduced.
Email received today at 12:20 from UKVCAS

londonent
United States of America

Post by londonent » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:59 pm

@mmas0112 can you please set out from the beginning the timeline and why did the UKVCAS email you. It is confusing what is happening and why they sent you something. Just so people can understand exactly what is happening.

mmas0112

Post by mmas0112 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:04 pm

londonent wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:59 pm
@mmas0112 can you please set out from the beginning the timeline and why did the UKVCAS email you. It is confusing what is happening and why they sent you something. Just so people can understand exactly what is happening.
Received email early August for biometric reuse but did not opt out. Due too some circumstances I need to travel outside the country by Mid September. So emailed them asking when I will received the invitation to use the IDV app and this was the replay. They replied today at 12:20.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:06 pm

londonent wrote:
yes indeed, it sounds confusing. No context given here by @mmas0112.
Was this a response to an enquiry raised by you online? @mmas0112, if you can please explain the situation with timelines, that would help.
[EDIT] i see that you answered already. Thanks

fx125

Post by fx125 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:10 pm

mmas0112 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:04 pm
londonent wrote:
Received email early August for biometric reuse but did not opt out. Due too some circumstances I need to travel outside the country by Mid September. So emailed them asking when I will received the invitation to use the IDV app and this was the replay. They replied today at 12:20.
I believe this is a generic answer from UKVCAS to all chasing emails from applicants. It doesnt mean that they will not action on sending out IDV invi from w/c 17 Aug as mentioned in their latest FAO

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:12 pm

Almost getting towards the end of Thursday. Not seeing any people invited for IDV yet (at least on this forum) makes me a bit disappointed :(

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:21 pm

fx125 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:10 pm
mmas0112 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:04 pm
londonent wrote:
I believe this is a generic answer from UKVCAS to all chasing emails from applicants. It doesnt mean that they will not action on sending out IDV invi from w/c 17 Aug as mentioned in their latest FAO
Correct. Its a generic response. IDV invites hopefully will start today or tomorrow. UKVCAS has fulfilled its commitments recently so no reason why not this one.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:04 pm

Some interesting information regarding IDV app has been posted by ILPA (Immigrations Law Practioners' Association) on their twitter account. They apparently received a direct response from UKVCAS regarding the app.
Key takeaways:
1. App launched on 17-Aug (we all know that :))
2. Invitations in date order
3. 4000 applications will be processed per day (20000/week).
4. The IDV app will ramp up to full speed by beginning of September.

Maddy_1992
Russia

Post by Maddy_1992 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:11 pm

I received a "delay email" today as well even though my appointment is not until 9/9. Just FYI..

moonpie77
Newly Registered
India

Post by moonpie77 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:12 pm

Call UKVACS, expect a 40 minute-ish wait. Rule of thumb is they tell you what position you are in when you call, position roughly equals to minutes wait.

Keep application number UAN handy.

Be in front of computer and ready to login to UKVCAS and cancel.

Follow advice of what UKVCAS says on phone.

(Please note, I did not cancel in my case)
SanemUK wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:49 pm
Hi,

I urgently need to change my appointment but do not know what to do, please help!

moonpie77 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:37 pm
Hi All,
I applied on June 15th and managed to get Biometrics enrolled only on August 15th. In between there were list of confusing things that happened, so here is a timeline:

ILRGB
India

Post by ILRGB » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:25 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:41 pm
Question for people who applied for ILR through a solicitor and got a decision.
Does the decision email go to the solicitor or the email that was used to register with UKVCAS?
And what about BRPs? Do they arrive first at solicitor's address or to your address directly?
hey did you get any insight on whether the ILR decision is sent to UKVAS registered email or solicitors email?

Also any idea if the ILR status is upated on the Right to Work website after the result immediately?

ILRGB
India

Post by ILRGB » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:32 pm

Hello all

For ILR Set O, after application is processed, any idea if the ILR status is upated on the Right to Work website immediately? Anyone can please confirm based on their observation?

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:35 pm

ILRGB wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:25 pm
iamawonder wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:41 pm
Question for people who applied for ILR through a solicitor and got a decision.
Does the decision email go to the solicitor or the email that was used to register with UKVCAS?
And what about BRPs? Do they arrive first at solicitor's address or to your address directly?
hey did you get any insight on whether the ILR decision is sent to UKVAS registered email or solicitors email?

Also any idea if the ILR status is upated on the Right to Work website after the result immediately?
Nope, i didn't see any response to my question.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:23 pm

UKVCAS - 20 AUGUST SYSTEM UPDATE This website will be temporarily unavailable today between 20:30 and 21:00, for emergency maintenance.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:25 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:23 pm
UKVCAS - 20 AUGUST SYSTEM UPDATE This website will be temporarily unavailable today between 20:30 and 21:00, for emergency maintenance.
Emergency? :roll: Hope the IDV app didn't break the system...lol

har_p3

Post by har_p3 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:52 pm

Did anyone get an invite to use IDV app at all? It doesn't look like anyone has reported on this forum so far. Is that true?

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:08 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:25 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:23 pm
Emergency? :roll: Hope the IDV app didn't break the system...lol
It may be related to adjusting system to start sending IDV app invites.

alyo
Zambia

Post by alyo » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:19 pm

Hi guys

I have opted out. Still no email and unable to book. Ukas confirmed receipt of of opt out email.

Anyone in similar situation?

Thanks

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:50 pm

har_p3 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:52 pm
Did anyone get an invite to use IDV app at all? It doesn't look like anyone has reported on this forum so far. Is that true?
The number of downloads on android playstore shows 1K+ since last two days. Most people have just downloaded in anticipation and not invitation (me included).
So, don't think too many invitations have gone out yet(if at all!).
I would expect the downloads to go into multiple thousands when invitations really start to flow in.

whdkfk
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by whdkfk » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:55 pm

ILRGB wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:32 pm
Hello all

For ILR Set O, after application is processed, any idea if the ILR status is upated on the Right to Work website immediately? Anyone can please confirm based on their observation?
I just got my approval this evening and I checked the Right to Work status and it has been updated to reflect the ILR status

ILRGB
India

Post by ILRGB » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:59 pm

whdkfk wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:55 pm
ILRGB wrote:
Hello all

I just got my approval this evening and I checked the Right to Work status and it has been updated to reflect the ILR status
Thanks for your inputs and congrats! How long did they take to process your ILR application post biometrics, a week or more?

whdkfk
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by whdkfk » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:03 pm

ILRGB wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:59 pm
whdkfk wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:55 pm
ILRGB wrote:
Hello all

Thanks for your inputs and congrats! How long did they take to process your ILR application post biometrics, a week or more?
I did my biometrics last Friday so 4 working days (although it felt like 4 months...)