ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1 Ent Visa to ILR in 3y route.. absence rule

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ow33
Mood:
United Kingdom

T1 Ent Visa to ILR in 3y route.. absence rule

Post by ow33 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:48 am

Hi,
My visa was granted: 06 Sep 2019 (date on BRP)
First Travel: 25 Sep 2019 - 26 Oct 2019 (32 days)
Second Travel: 20 Jan 2020 - 31 May 2020 (132 days)

Im looking to go for accelerated route towards ILR.. my question is about 180 absence days.. are these calculated from when visa was issued? or from date i first landed in UK? as due to flights being cancelled i was not able to travel till today and i was wondering when is the cut off time for me when i should be in UK in order to not miss the deadlines?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: T1 Ent Visa to ILR in 3y route.. absence rule

Post by zimba » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:08 am

180 days is counted on a rolling basis. You cannot have more than 180 days of absence in ANY consecutive 12 months ANYWHERE in your 5 years.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice