ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation for ILR Parents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

s_saini
India

Naturalisation for ILR Parents

Post by s_saini » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:11 pm

Hi

I need little help for my friend case.

My friend is on ILR and his wife is on Spouse Visa.
They have a daughter(Born outside UK) who has Type of permit "Settlement"
Under Remarks, it is written "Indefinite Leave to Enter"

He is confused, as child is under 18 and no parent has ILR.

Can their daughter apply for Naturalisation?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation for ILR Parents

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:20 pm

You state your friend has ilr and then you state no patent has ilr?? So which is it.

The child should have been given a visa inline with the wife. What is the start date and expiry date of the child's visa?

And no, the child cannot apply for citizenship as neither parent is British. Both parents need to be settled and at least one parent be applying for or already hold British citizenship before the child can apply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

s_saini
India

Post by s_saini » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:05 am

Sorry the confusion. No parent has British citizenship. 1 Parent has ILR and second parent has spouse visa. Validity is 07/2022. Child Settlement(ILE) visa validity is same as well. 07/2022.

So, If I am getting this right, 1 parent should be British Citizenship before child can apply for MN1.

Thanks.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:32 am

s_saini wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:05 am
1 parent should be British Citizenship before child can apply for MN1.
For children born outside the UK, both the child and the other parent should have ILR and one parent should either be a British citizen or be applying to be a British citizen.

It also seems likely that the child was incorrectly issued with ILE. The UK immigration status of children born abroad is generally in line with that of the less-privileged parent.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.