ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:00 pm

Haom wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:45 pm
Does anyone know if all applicants in different categories (ILR, citizenships) are in the same line or they process them in different lines?
Different departments and teams completely.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Heartbreakkid
Pakistan

Post by Heartbreakkid » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:28 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:17 pm
Heartbreakkid wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:14 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:53 pm
Heartbreakkid wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:05 pm
Hello guys
I’m new on this forum I need to ask a quick question I submitted my wife application on 18th August and received email from ukvi application submitted.But on the final task it’s not give me any link to create the account with UKVCAS only message display below.Kindly get back to me on this
You cannot currently book an appointment at a Service and Support Centre
UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) have temporarily closed Service and Support Centres (SSCs) because of coronavirus (COVID-19).

You cannot book an appointment. If you've already made an appointment to attend an SSC, UKVI will be contacting you to cancel it.

You'll be told when you can book a new appointment.

Your immigration status in the UK will not change as a result of you not being able to attend an appointment.

For further information plea
Read the previous posts you will get your answer.
Hi cullilan
Thanks for your reply but I checked the previous post couldn’t find the answer of my question bcoz I’m unable to create the account for ukvcas Bcoz it won’t give me any link to create account end of the application.I have words with ukvcas representative they said I should contact with home office I rang home office their staff is untrained advice me website link down tray later I keep trying for last 3 days still no success.Kindly get back to me on this.Thanks
You should log in to your UKVI account. On step 7 further actions page, press “book an appointment”. It should then reroute you to UKVCAS and an access code will be sent which usually lands up in junk folder.
Hi cullilan
I logged in ukvi on step 7 further action page that’s message display read below

You cannot currently book an appointment at a Service and Support Centre
UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) have temporarily closed Service and Support Centres (SSCs) because of coronavirus (COVID-19).

You cannot book an appointment. If you've already made an appointment to attend an SSC, UKVI will be contacting you to cancel it.

You'll be told when you can book a new appointment.

Your immigration status in the UK will not change as a result of you not being able to attend an appointment.

Amy_R88
United Kingdom

Post by Amy_R88 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:30 pm

Are the timescale of decisions same after biometrics for all ILR categories? Are there any set LR applicants who gave biometrics recently have received their decisions? And after how many days of biometrics?

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:48 pm

Amy_R88 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:30 pm
Are the timescale of decisions same after biometrics for all ILR categories? Are there any set LR applicants who gave biometrics recently have received their decisions? And after how many days of biometrics?
By looking on following LR timeline, it seems that the decisions are not being made as faster as compared to SET(O) and SET(M) ILR applications. May be there are not many people who reported in LR ILR timeline, so difficult to get exact idea.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... 4-180.html

jamd12
United Kingdom

Post by jamd12 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:14 pm

Billydkid wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:27 pm
jamd12 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:57 am
arethere wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:23 pm
jamd12 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:27 pm
Hi everyone,

Applied 29th of July ILR (LR)
Haven't managed to book an appointment yet, or anything!
I've seen people with ILR (LR) who applied 3rd of July only managed to book an appointment 13th of August, which made me calm down a bit!
So following this trend, I'm assuming I will be able to book an appointment by 7th of Sept?

Anyone else in July, with no appointment booked?!
Please let me know would be good to feel that I am not alone on this journey!!
I applied a few days before you and haven't heard anything back. Not even the IDV app consideration.
Oh thanks for replying to me!
Same I havent heard anything at all- even IDV app! :(

I've seen some people in this thread: https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... 4-180.html
who also applied around the same time as us, and who seemed to have heard back and even booked an appointment!!
Lets keep in touch, please let me know when you hear something and manage to book anything!
Hello Guys,

I also applied on 29th july ILR SET (O) via solicitor and after that there is no update. Even the documents were not uploaded and to date i don't have the login for UKVCAS. Have you guys Managed to get the login invitation from UKVI ?

Hii, I also applied via solicitor, and same thing- zero update!!!..
Regarding login, and creating new accounts and what not, I don't believe that is possible.. The only login details you can use are the ones set up by the solicitor, so he or she should provide that to you. I had asked mine, and he told me that he couldn't give me the login details as they are linked to other applications he has! So I would be able to see other applications..

I also heard that people via solicitor have had issues? Anyone else?

I've checked a thread of ILR (LR), and the majority of people who applied beginning July only managed to book biometrics approximately 1 month and 10 days after.. So I am assuming you would be able to book around the same time as me, so by next week earliest, and by 7th of September latest!
Hope that helps! pls let me know if you hear anything..

Cool_Cucumber
Newly Registered
India

Post by Cool_Cucumber » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:41 pm

The solicitor is supposed to give you UKVCAS login details. I applied through a solicitor because my employer wanted me to do so.

The solicitor filed the application on UKVI and sent me the filed application form in PDF. The solicitor also sent me the account login details for UKVCAS website.

Only after you have the UKVCAS login created, that UKVCAS will be able to contact you for either IDV app usage or Biometrics appointment.

Application Date - 18 August 2020

Hope this helps.

Cool_Cucumber
Newly Registered
India

Post by Cool_Cucumber » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:42 pm

New update from UKVCAS on their website:

Updated: 21 August 2020

This update covers:

UKVCAS Identity Verification (IDV) App

Information about the IDV app roll out
Questions and Answers

Booking an appointment with UKVCAS

Finding the right appointment
More Service Points open
The UKVCAS Identity Verification app
As some of you know, we have been working with UKVI to develop a new Identity Verification (IDV) app as a response to the delays caused by Covid-19.

The IDV app lets customers that are eligible for UKVI’s biometric reuse policy (fingerprints and photographs that have been recorded in a previous application) to submit their application information to UKVI without having to book an appointment at UKVCAS.

The IDV app was approved for use by UKVI last week and rollout of the IDV app started on 17 August 2020 to a limited number of customers.

We are ramping up volumes and plan to be able to process up to 4,000 applications a day once we are fully up to speed. We expect to reach this point shortly.

Once we hit this target, we will publish regular updates so you can see where we are up to.

We will be sending out emails to invite you to use the IDV app in phases, working in date order from the earliest to the most recent, based on the registration date you applied to UKVI.

We know that many of have been waiting some time to submit your information to UKVI, whilst the IDV app has been introduced in response to the impact of Covid-19. We are working hard to send out invites as soon as possible.

We’ve pulled together a series of Questions and Answers (Q & A) about every aspect of using the IDV app. Take a look here. Use the ‘Quick Link’ at the top to go directly to the IDV app Q&As.

Booking an appointment with UKVCAS
Finding the right appointment?

We know that some customers are struggling to find an appointment at a location, time and date to suit them.

To help you, when looking for an appointment, please scroll down to look at ALL the Service Points listed. This lists Core sites, then Premium Lounge sites and Enhanced Service Points. If you do this, you may find a Service Point that is closer to you further down the list with a large range of appointments.

For example, within Greater London there are 8 locations, all of which are offering appointments. There are 2 sites in Croydon (Croydon Core and Lansdowne Road), 2 in Victoria and 1 near Fenchurch Street station plus 3 Service Points in libraries.

At the time of writing this update, even though there were no available appointments at 1 site in Croydon, there were appointments at a range of times at Lansdowne Road.

In Birmingham, Manchester and Cardiff, there is also more than 1 location to choose from.

If you look at the full list of Service Points, you may find a cheaper appointment available at a nearby location.

More Service Points open
More UKVCAS Service Points are now open plus some additional brand-new Core and Enhanced Service Points. The remaining Service Points in libraries will open when the local library itself opens.

Check here for the up to date list of Service Point locations.

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:47 pm

GondalUK wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:48 pm
Amy_R88 wrote:
By looking on following LR timeline, it seems that the decisions are not being made as faster as compared to SET(O) and SET(M) ILR applications. May be there are not many people who reported in LR ILR timeline, so difficult to get exact idea.

My spouse also applied LR... and did Biometric on 17/08/2020. No response yet. Looks like LR taking longer time than SET (O), SET (M) who are getting response within 2-7 days. But, I haven’t found anybody in the forum yet who applied LR and get response within days of Biometric appointment.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:00 pm

janinah wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:47 pm
GondalUK wrote:
Amy_R88 wrote:

My spouse also applied LR... and did Biometric on 17/08/2020. No response yet. Looks like LR taking longer time than SET (O), SET (M) who are getting response within 2-7 days. But, I haven’t found anybody in the forum yet who applied LR and get response within days of Biometric appointment.
Have been keeping an eye on the LR timeline thread as well, as I will be applying in the coming week. Your statement seems absolutely right. There is only 1 user - "aerotony", who has received his/her decision quickly, but if you look through his/her previous posts, the user had gotten in touch with their MP due to their unique circumstances to expedite their application and was contacted by UKVCAS regarding the same.

Hopefully other LR applicants who have applied and done their biometrics will start getting their decisions soon too.

shahkb
Pakistan

Post by shahkb » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:26 pm

leatong wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:46 pm
Hi, I just received IDV invitation email 15min ago. I applied on 1st Apr, but it is FLR(M). Thought I should post here. Good luck to us all!
I applied on 12th April (ILR - M). Havent got the invite yet.

Fingers crossed. Been a long wait.

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:49 pm

shahkb wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:26 pm
leatong wrote:
Hi, I just received IDV invitation email 15min ago. I applied on 1st Apr, but it is FLR(M). Thought I should post here. Good luck to us all!

Mine is 13th Apr. Lets keep each other posted.

buket
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by buket » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:53 pm

jamd12 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:14 pm
Billydkid wrote:
jamd12 wrote:
arethere wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:23 pm

I applied a few days before you and haven't heard anything back. Not even the IDV app consideration.

I've seen some people in this thread: https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... 4-180.html
who also applied around the same time as us, and who seemed to have heard back and even booked an appointment!!
Lets keep in touch, please let me know when you hear something and manage to book anything!
Hello Guys,

I also applied on 29th july ILR SET (O) via solicitor and after that there is no update. Even the documents were not uploaded and to date i don't have the login for UKVCAS. Have you guys Managed to get the login invitation from UKVI ?

Regarding login, and creating new accounts and what not, I don't believe that is possible.. The only login details you can use are the ones set up by the solicitor, so he or she should provide that to you. I had asked mine, and he told me that he couldn't give me the login details as they are linked to other applications he has! So I would be able to see other applications..

I've checked a thread of ILR (LR), and the majority of people who applied beginning July only managed to book biometrics approximately 1 month and 10 days after.. So I am assuming you would be able to book around the same time as me, so by next week earliest, and by 7th of September latest!
Solicitors / immigration advisers do often use the same email address and password for all of their clients, BUT when there is more than 1 case linked to a specific email address the UAN is also required to log in / proceed. So the solicitor / adviser CAN give you the details you require without giving you access to all of their other clients' cases.

moonpie77
Newly Registered
India

Post by moonpie77 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:58 pm

Kris001 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:58 pm

Glasgow
Thanks... well I didn't get mine today. Looks like there is a factor of 'Application date' as well. People who got biometrics done on Aug 17 got theirs today but they had applied in May... oh well next week it is then. :|

Fivem
Egypt

Post by Fivem » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:05 pm

buket wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:53 pm
jamd12 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:14 pm
Billydkid wrote:
jamd12 wrote:

Hello Guys,

Solicitors / immigration advisers do often use the same email address and password for all of their clients, BUT when there is more than 1 case linked to a specific email address the UAN is also required to log in / proceed. So the solicitor / adviser CAN give you the details you require without giving you access to all of their other clients' cases.
solicitor communicate with the ukvi about thier client application form with their email address but with ukvcas should login in with client email so client can have access through his email to login and book appointment at any time day or night as the solicitor office has specific working hours.

Amy_R88
United Kingdom

Post by Amy_R88 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:18 pm

janinah wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:47 pm
GondalUK wrote:
Amy_R88 wrote:

Isn't LR a straightforward case as compared to rest.... why it's taking longer time generally as compared to other sets. Has anyone else on this forum applied for Set LR and when have you given biometrics?

shahkb
Pakistan

Post by shahkb » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:41 pm

abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:49 pm
shahkb wrote:
leatong wrote:

Brilliant ! I will do so.

Thanks

BloodofGod123
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by BloodofGod123 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:39 pm

My thoughts are they probably had to take their server offline to merge the new app to the existing applicant accounts. Clearance officers may not have had much time to work over last week (just thinking based on the pattern of recently delayed responses).

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:02 pm

shahkb wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:41 pm
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:49 pm
shahkb wrote:
leatong wrote:

Brilliant ! I will do so.

Thanks
***Great***

Heartbreakkid
Pakistan

Post by Heartbreakkid » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:51 pm

Cool_Cucumber wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:41 pm
The solicitor is supposed to give you UKVCAS login details. I applied through a solicitor because my employer wanted me to do so.

The solicitor filed the application on UKVI and sent me the filed application form in PDF. The solicitor also sent me the account login details for UKVCAS website.

Only after you have the UKVCAS login created, that UKVCAS will be able to contact you for either IDV app usage or Biometrics appointment.

Hope this helps.
Hello cool_cucumber
I submitted mine application on. 18th August but end of the application no link available to create account with ukvcas they said that service is suspended temporarily ukvi will contact you.Kindly get back to me how did u manage to create account with ukvcas.Thanks

Yaz069
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Yaz069 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:21 am

IDV app issue.

Hey,

So I finally got my invite to send my photo on the app. I’ve applied for ILR on 1st of April.
On the app, After taking my photo, the second stage ( liveness check) never works for me.

anyone else experienced this ?!!

tbp
United Kingdom

Post by tbp » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:59 am

You need to be in well lit room, ideally in front of a white or light coloured wall. So that your face is clearly visible. I would recommend you to try it during day light, if it didn't work at night in the room.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:48 am

Yaz069 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:21 am
IDV app issue.

Hey,

So I finally got my invite to send my photo on the app. I’ve applied for ILR on 1st of April.
On the app, After taking my photo, the second stage ( liveness check) never works for me.

anyone else experienced this ?!!
I read a similar app review on playstore. That guy tried another phone and it worked. That was an i-phone. Please try another phone, it might work. Else book an appointment on the website. That should be open for you.

User3332
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by User3332 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:29 am

I just want to ask, im a july applicant, i chose to use the app, do i have to wait till they invite me to use the app, cuz i could download it on app store?!, why the appointments appear on ukvcas for those who get the invitation to use the idv app ?!
Whats the point of using the app and booking appointment ?

Thanks

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:37 am

User3332 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:29 am
I just want to ask, im a july applicant, i chose to use the app, do i have to wait till they invite me to use the app, cuz i could download it on app store?!, why the appointments appear on ukvcas for those who get the invitation to use the idv app ?!
Whats the point of using the app and booking appointment ?

Thanks
1. Yes, you need to wait.
2. Appointments are a backup in case the app does work for you. UKVCAS have given this reason very clearly.

Cool_Cucumber
Newly Registered
India

Post by Cool_Cucumber » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:55 am

Hello,

My solicitor created the login on UKVCAS for me and shares the password as well. So, I am not sure why it is not working for you. Sorry.

Regards
Maulik
Heartbreakkid wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:51 pm
Cool_Cucumber wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:41 pm

Hope this helps.
Hello cool_cucumber
I submitted mine application on. 18th August but end of the application no link available to create account with ukvcas they said that service is suspended temporarily ukvi will contact you.Kindly get back to me how did u manage to create account with ukvcas.Thanks