ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to ILR-What should I prepare early?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Redstar222
United States of America

Tier 2 to ILR-What should I prepare early?

Post by Redstar222 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:27 pm

I recently had my Tier 2 (General) visa extended for myself and two dependents (husband and UK-born child) and will be eligible to apply for ILR in two more years. While it's very early to think about ILR, I wanted to know what documents I should start putting together in a file so that the ILR application for myself and my husband will be as easy and stress free as possible. For example, I was reading on the boards that you need evidence of cohabitation over a 2 year period from multiple sources--definitely not something I'd easily get without doing well in advance of the application as I don't save a lot of mail.

I'm also struggling to find a clear outline of the documents I'll need online. The UK gov site keeps saying to start an application to find out the documents I need, but I just want a guide like they do for the Tier 2 visa as I'm not anywhere near ready to apply.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 to ILR-What should I prepare early?

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:07 pm

Redstar222 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:27 pm
I recently had my Tier 2 (General) visa extended for myself and two dependents (husband and UK-born child) and will be eligible to apply for ILR in two more years. While it's very early to think about ILR, I wanted to know what documents I should start putting together in a file so that the ILR application for myself and my husband will be as easy and stress free as possible. For example, I was reading on the boards that you need evidence of cohabitation over a 2 year period from multiple sources--definitely not something I'd easily get without doing well in advance of the application as I don't save a lot of mail.

I'm also struggling to find a clear outline of the documents I'll need online. The UK gov site keeps saying to start an application to find out the documents I need, but I just want a guide like they do for the Tier 2 visa as I'm not anywhere near ready to apply.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice!
Under the same forum you can search by yourself numerous threads outlining the list of required documents which most likely be changed in 2 years of times. Just keep in touch with the forum to get alerted and updated if anything will be changed.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Redstar222
United States of America

Post by Redstar222 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:08 am

@seagul, I have done this but lots of discussions are super specific. I also realise rules may change along the way but wanted to know what people wish they prepared early. As in the proof of cohabitation example, I’d be screwed if I waited until I was applying as would in no way have that evidence saved.

Does the gov really not publish this clearly on their website either? That would be the easiest thing for me to consult but I can’t for the life of me find it without being told to actually begin an online application.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:19 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.