ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 application question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sustbd
United Kingdom

MN1 application question

Post by sustbd » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:19 pm

Hello,
I am planning to apply for my Child's British citizenship as I got my ILR this month. He is less than 2 years old. However, MN1 form is asking for addresses of last five years of my child. I am wondering what address I need to put there. There is no way to skip that section. Any suggestion will be much appreciated. Do I need to apply for his British Passport after getting the citizenship certificate? Or this MN1 outcome will provide him a passport. Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 application question

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:22 pm

1. Just out the current address as asked. Ho knows the rules etc.

2. You have to apply for a passport separately once you have the certificate. MN1 is only a citizenship application. A passport is also a separate application form and fees.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sustbd
United Kingdom

Post by sustbd » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:31 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:22 pm
1. Just out the current address as asked. Ho knows the rules etc.

2. You have to apply for a passport separately once you have the certificate. MN1 is only a citizenship application. A passport is also a separate application form and fees.
Hello CR001,
Many thanks for your reply. You mean I just need to mention the current address for all 5 years. Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:06 pm

Just mention the same address. UK I will know child hasn't lived there for not so long as child isn't 5.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sustbd
United Kingdom

Post by sustbd » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:17 pm

Thanks for your reply. I have just selected 'Yes' by assuming that my child has been living in the current address last 5 years.