ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:36 pm

abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:31 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:28 pm
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:25 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:22 pm

I do not have a first hand experience of using the app yet so really can not comment but maybe someone else can help who has used the IDV app already.
No problem, I shall do more search.
Travel document is the passport alone not BRP. First bio page should be enough for ID purpose.
I think you need not upload any physical passport size photo, you need to take a selfie and do a liveness check. Thats all.
Thank you.
***Great Cullinan*** you are a star.

I was making sure everything is in line.

So for IDV app

First page of passport, Selfie and liveness. Much appreciated again

Thank you

User3332
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by User3332 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:37 pm

What is the liveness check?
Do you upload the scanned documents or u had taken a pictures cuz someone said (Take a photo of travel documents ) ?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:00 pm

User3332 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:37 pm
What is the liveness check?
Do you upload the scanned documents or u had taken a pictures cuz someone said (Take a photo of travel documents ) ?

Thanks
Its like how you set up a face ID for I-phone. If you have one you might know. Otherwise see the UKVCAS video. You just have to move your head in circles and up/down as instructed by the screen.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Hamza127
Pakistan

Post by Hamza127 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:15 am

I really regret opting in for the idv app. People who have submitted thier biometrics at the centres seem to be benefitting and getting quick desicions. Hopefully ukvcas will starting sending substantial invites soon. Please update here if anyone gets any news regarding the app

dantorrez
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by dantorrez » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:30 am

fx125 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:51 pm
dantorrez wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:34 am
whdkfk wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:43 pm
AnILRApplicant wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:40 pm

That's new - do you have a complicated immigration history? Which immigration route are you? SET(O) Tier 2?
not at all. Worked in the UK for the same employer 5 years straight. Studied in the UK prior to that. Set (O) tier 2.
Just ignore it. I got my Biometrics done in early August and got decision 2 weeks ago. My BRP arrived last Friday. And still I got this email about potential delay yesterday, after my process had been complete and BRP delivered. It seems their automated emails are a mess.
Hi @dantorrez, can I please ask which route did you apply to and you share a timeline? Is you case very straightforward?
Sorry for late reply. I applied under TIER 2 (SET O) 5 years. Straightforward case. I applied on 23rd July and got ILR on 13 or 15 August.

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:14 am

shahkb wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:36 pm
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:00 pm
shahkb wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:22 pm
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:02 pm

***Great***
Just got the IDV app invitation !

Applied on 12th April.

Fingers crossed. !
Thanks Bro. I got it too. Good luck.

I will update you the outcome.

Have a great week and make sure dont rush and do it slowly and properly.

I will pray for you.
Thank you.

I will post the outcome as well.

Prayers with you too and all the March, April and May applicants.

It has been a very long wait.

God bless
Submitted through IDV APP. Now waiting for UKVI. Hopefully, interim decisions have been made on applications.

Have you done IDV submission?
Good luck everyone

har_p3

Post by har_p3 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:46 am

Did they send out invites on Saturday? Upto what date is covered? Mine is on 10th May. Not sure when to expect

nash4elovek
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nash4elovek » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:16 am

Hi all

Can please someone post if they hear anything (from UKVCAS or UKVI helpline) about potential timeline for contacting August applicants?

Any insight would be very valuable, as they have previously opened application for a new month every 2 weeks (June - 20.07 and July 01.08), but haven't opened the system for August applicants even after 3 weeks...

har_p3

Post by har_p3 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:14 pm

har_p3 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:46 am
Did they send out invites on Saturday? Upto what date is covered? Mine is on 10th May. Not sure when to expect
Has anyone received invite today?

Whizart
United Kingdom

Post by Whizart » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:20 pm

har_p3 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:46 am
One of the members on this forum who applied on 14th April reported that they received the IDV app invitation email yesterday. I think they've sent emails to applicants up until 15th April so far.

I've applied on 15th May so I am in the same pool as you.
There is no clarity regarding the number of applicants(April/May) who opted in. It all depends on :
Number of invites they send out each day
/ (Divided by)
Total Number of opt-in requests they received for applicants applied between 15th April and your date of application.

At the moment it looks like they're sending out very limited invites per day but they've mentioned they will increase the numbers and have plans to process up to 4000 applications per day, but again there is no clarity on the date.

I assume that we will receive the invitation email next week between Wednesday - Friday. I understand there isn't a pattern but that's just my assumption. Hope they don't delay it for too long as we've already waited for month's' to just finalise our biometric appointments.

atto123
India

Post by atto123 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:32 pm

Great updates!!

However they do not help people like me who submiited their app through solicitor.

Has anyone, who submitted through solicitor, got any invite?

and guys who submitted their application via solicitor what do you think our options would be ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:36 pm

In my personal opinion, UKVCAS will send out IDV invitations to all March-July applicants during the next 2-3 weeks. They will only open system for August applicants after the backlog has subsided.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:39 pm

atto123 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:32 pm
Great updates!!

However they do not help people like me who submiited their app through solicitor.

and guys who submitted their application via solicitor what do you think our options would be ?
I fail to understand what the problem occurred with applications submitted via solicitors. Probably it has something to do with using the same registered email for all clients which has not properly synced with the system somehow.

F chhiboo
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by F chhiboo » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:44 pm

Anyone applied on 14th april got invited on idv app?i applied on 14th april but still not invited!!!

Whizart
United Kingdom

Post by Whizart » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:38 pm

F chhiboo wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:44 pm
Anyone applied on 14th april got invited on idv app?i applied on 14th april but still not invited!!!
Correction:
I think they've only sent emails up until 13th April. In my previous message I said 14th in error (I went through the old posts again and it was 13th April and not 14th) Apologies for the confusion. I am sure you'll receive the invite in their next set of emails.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:42 pm

We are ramping up volumes and plan to be able to process up to 4,000 applications a day once we are fully up to speed. We expect to reach this point shortly.

Once we hit this target, we will publish regular updates so you can see where we are up to.
Hopefully it will be clearer in a couple of days.

Sez30
United Kingdom

Post by Sez30 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:52 pm

Feeling more anxious by the day applied 7th June for FLR(M) made the wrong decision waiting for IDV, we have a mortgage offer pending and need the visa decision by mid/end September. Not feeling too hopeful, and no idea what to do already spent out a fair bit on buying this house. :(

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:11 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:39 pm
atto123 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:32 pm
Great updates!!

I fail to understand what the problem occurred with applications submitted via solicitors. Probably it has something to do with using the same registered email for all clients which has not properly synced with the system somehow.
You are probably right, there may be some system glitch which causes issues for multiple applicants registered with same email address at UKVCAS (by keeping in mind solicitor use same email address for multiple clients). UKVCAS may be marking UANs in system and actual emails may be failing when system probably tries to avoid duplicate emails to same email address.

It may be good idea for such users to keep trying to login in IDV app to see if it works for them or not. In this way such users will be able to see manually if app works for them or not without having IDV app email invitation.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:37 pm

Question for those who have already used IDV app:

I know that you can view documents attached on IDV app if you have submitted via UKVCAS.

Can you view the files names only OR can preview the contents of attached documents also??

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:52 pm

Sez30 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:52 pm
Feeling more anxious by the day applied 7th June for FLR(M) made the wrong decision waiting for IDV, we have a mortgage offer pending and need the visa decision by mid/end September. Not feeling too hopeful, and no idea what to do already spent out a fair bit on buying this house. :(
IDV app invitations have already been sent up to mid april. With that pace, you should receive the invitation sometime towards the end of next week as IDv app invitations will ramp up to 4000 per day. Invites were even sent on Saturday. Then, if decision takes place in 2-7 days after that like what we have seen with biometrics, you should still hope to receive a decision before mid September.

Sez30
United Kingdom

Post by Sez30 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:04 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:52 pm
Sez30 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:52 pm
IDV app invitations have already been sent up to mid april. With that pace, you should receive the invitation sometime towards the end of next week as IDv app invitations will ramp up to 4000 per day. Invites were even sent on Saturday. Then, if decision takes place in 2-7 days after that like what we have seen with biometrics, you should still hope to receive a decision before mid September.

Praying it comes in time! I’m wondering how quickly people will get decisions with the IDV app definitely interesting if it will be same timescale as biometrics.
If not the next question is when IDV comes available would it work out better going to biometrics after all depending on decision turnaround.

rndm57
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rndm57 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:46 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:37 pm

I know that you can view documents attached on IDV app if you have submitted via UKVCAS.

Can you view the files names only OR can preview the contents of attached documents also??
Same as the website, you can only view the filenames not the contents of the files.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:48 pm

rndm57 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:46 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:37 pm

Same as the website, you can only view the filenames not the contents of the files.
Thank you

strong_and_stable
Cook Islands

Post by strong_and_stable » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:56 pm

Whizart wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:38 pm
F chhiboo wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:44 pm
Correction:
I think they've only sent emails up until 13th April. In my previous message I said 14th in error (I went through the old posts again and it was 13th April and not 14th) Apologies for the confusion. I am sure you'll receive the invite in their next set of emails.
Like before it seems that they are not perfectly following chronological order. It seems to be closer than before, but there are still reports of people receiving invites with an accuracy of +/- a week. (e.g. a 13 April applicant gets one before 7 April)

harshitguptaiitr
India

Post by harshitguptaiitr » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:58 am

For biometric reuse applicants who may get IDV invitation today, can you please post your application date so that others know how far has UKVCAS reached ?
Please DO NOT send me a Private Message for immigration advice.

My responses are not a substitute for professional legal advice. My response does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor is it a solicitation to offer legal advice.