ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 approved query about WP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier1applicant

Tier1 approved query about WP

Post by tier1applicant » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:34 am

I had submitted a tier-1 and got it approved yesterday.In the mean time my employer had submitted WP extension application last week.
Should this affect my approved tier1..? should the employer withdraw my WP extension application..?

Thambi

Re: Tier1 approved query about WP

Post by Thambi » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:51 pm

To my knowledge any new/lastest Visa will override the previous/existing one. Why do you want ur employer to extend when you have 3 yrs visa to work any where in UK hence includes ur employer.

Others any pls comment, looks he might be get into trouble.

tier1applicant wrote:I had submitted a tier-1 and got it approved yesterday.In the mean time my employer had submitted WP extension application last week.
Should this affect my approved tier1..? should the employer withdraw my WP extension application..?

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:58 pm

I know its a difficult situation for u but u have to ask your employer to withdraw the application ASAP otherwise your Tier-1 obviously will be cancelled, if HO decides to give you the WP extension. You should have told your employer B4 they applied for the WP Extension

Hope this helps!!

Regards :)
tier1applicant wrote:I had submitted a tier-1 and got it approved yesterday.In the mean time my employer had submitted WP extension application last week.

tier1applicant

Post by tier1applicant » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:12 pm

But since I have switched from WP to Tier-1 now, isnt the existing WP void...? And ideally speaking the application to extend this void WP is the one which should be rejected right..?

And even if the WP is extended, unless I get the WP visa stamped on my passport, the Tier-1 should hold good right..?

Please comment.

[quote="grant1"]I know its a difficult situation for u but u have to ask your employer to withdraw the application ASAP otherwise your Tier-1 obviously will be cancelled, if HO decides to give you the WP extension. You should have told your employer B4 they applied for the WP Extension

Hope this helps!!

Regards :)

[quote="tier1applicant"]I had submitted a tier-1 and got it approved yesterday.In the mean time my employer had submitted WP extension application last week.
Should this affect my approved tier1..? should the employer withdraw my WP extension application..?[/quote][/quote]

tier1applicant

Post by tier1applicant » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:35 pm

Hi guys,

Just spoke to the home office... they say thay since I have my Tier-1 stamped on the passport - even if my current WP gets extended - as long as I dont have the WP visa stamped on the passport, it should be OK...

The latest visa on the passport is what matters...

Thanks..!

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:48 pm

But when your employer comes to know that your extension hasnt gone through bcoz you have applied for Tier1 without informing him then he would be in shock..It is better to inform you emploer BEFORE he gets this news from HO

tier1applicant

Post by tier1applicant » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:16 pm

Thanks ashishashah, I have already informed my employer.. :)

[quote="ashishashah"]But when your employer comes to know that your extension hasnt gone through bcoz you have applied for Tier1 without informing him then he would be in shock..It is better to inform you emploer BEFORE he gets this news from HO[/quote]

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:23 pm

Thats right, i never disputed that but if you get it stamped then it will deifnately be cancelled. you are right caus ur current WP is already void it shouldnt be extended still u never know with HO anything is possible my friend.

tier1applicant wrote:But since I have switched from WP to Tier-1 now, isnt the existing WP void...? And ideally speaking the application to extend this void WP is the one which should be rejected right..?

And even if the WP is extended, unless I get the WP visa stamped on my passport, the Tier-1 should hold good right..?

Please comment.

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:25 pm

I know i am going off topic here. could u plz tell us?

Did u send an urgent treatment and wht date it was stamped on. could plz also share the approval date if thats ok

Regards