ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Billydkid
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Billydkid » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:34 am

dantorrez wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:30 am
fx125 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:51 pm
dantorrez wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:34 am
whdkfk wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:43 pm

not at all. Worked in the UK for the same employer 5 years straight. Studied in the UK prior to that. Set (O) tier 2.
Just ignore it. I got my Biometrics done in early August and got decision 2 weeks ago. My BRP arrived last Friday. And still I got this email about potential delay yesterday, after my process had been complete and BRP delivered. It seems their automated emails are a mess.
Hi @dantorrez, can I please ask which route did you apply to and you share a timeline? Is you case very straightforward?
Sorry for late reply. I applied under TIER 2 (SET O) 5 years. Straightforward case. I applied on 23rd July and got ILR on 13 or 15 August.
Its all about luck!
I am with the same sponsor for last five years and prior to that i was on tier 4. Apart from that no other immigration history and never refused a visa in past. But Applier ILR SET (O) on 29th of july and to date no update at all. So Luck plays a vital part.

pinku09
Newly Registered
India

Post by pinku09 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:36 am

One basic question, once we get an invite to use IDV app by email whats the deadline to submit the application ? Is there any mention of that in the email ?

Sweetlarkee
United Kingdom

Post by Sweetlarkee » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:05 am

Has anyone that applied through the solicitor received and invite to use the app or is it just people that have applied themselves that are getting the invites?

We applied on 27 April through solicitor however I have been getting all the email about the idv app
atto123 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:32 pm
Great updates!!

However they do not help people like me who submiited their app through solicitor.

Has anyone, who submitted through solicitor, got any invite?

and guys who submitted their application via solicitor what do you think our options would be ?

inkaur
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by inkaur » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:12 am

I applied on 17th April, no IDV email yet. Hoping to get it in 1-2 days

Beril
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Beril » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:16 am

gbvs20 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:11 pm
Hi All,

I just wanted to share an update.

I registered on UKVCAS on 06 April and I had chose to use the IDV app.

I have received an email to use the IDV app today and I have successfully done everything required on the app. The app is very easy to use.

Also, before the email i was never able to see any appointments, however today I saw many slots available on UKVCAS. Earliest one was tomorrow. However, none of them were free, and minimum charge was £69.99. I guess they want people to use the app instead of taking the appointments hence they are not providing any free slots.

Lets see how long the wait is now to get the decision for us IDV app users.

I will update once I receive anything.

Good luck to everyone.
Hi, I've submitted my form on 5th July and waiting to get the email to use IDV app. I didn't upload any documents on the UKVCAS website so far. I was wondering if you uploaded all your supporting documents through the idv app Or UKVCAS website? Also was there any time limit to submit the details?
Thanks in advance

NoUsername
Newly Registered
China

Post by NoUsername » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:18 am

Hi all, please can anyone advice that if I should upload supporting documents via UKVCAS's website or IDV App? Many thanks.

I applied in May and am still waiting for the invite for IDV, but I'm thinking I might upload the docs while waiting.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:57 am

NoUsername wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:18 am
Hi all, please can anyone advice that if I should upload supporting documents via UKVCAS's website or IDV App? Many thanks.

I applied in May and am still waiting for the invite for IDV, but I'm thinking I might upload the docs while waiting.
Uploading through either channel is fine. But, uploading them through the website on a bigger screen(desktop/laptop) would be much more convenient I suppose.

Sez30
United Kingdom

Post by Sez30 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:25 pm

pinku09 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:18 am
Sez30 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:02 am
We opted to use the app, but now regretting it as it doesn’t seem to be coming any time soon. We applied June 7th.
Has anyone tried opting out after the 7th August, Do you think we could?
I'm in the same situation, i tried to opt out (14/08) lets see what happens. Ideally they should allow as the app is no where ready and is expected to launch in trial early September.

@pinku09 did you have any luck with trying to opt out?

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:43 pm

Sez30 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:25 pm
pinku09 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:18 am
Sez30 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:02 am
We opted to use the app, but now regretting it as it doesn’t seem to be coming any time soon. We applied June 7th.
Has anyone tried opting out after the 7th August, Do you think we could?
I'm in the same situation, i tried to opt out (14/08) lets see what happens. Ideally they should allow as the app is no where ready and is expected to launch in trial early September.

@pinku09 did you have any luck with trying to opt out?
Opt-out was only allowed until 10/08 5 pm. Don't think opting out after this deadline would have been considered by UKVCAS. And the assumption made by @pinku09 seems to be incorrect as the app was launched in August (17/08 to be precise) as promised by UKVCAS and not in September. Infact, the app should ramp up fully by end of this week.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:04 pm

harshitguptaiitr wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:58 am
For biometric reuse applicants who may get IDV invitation today, can you please post your application date so that others know how far has UKVCAS reached ?
Yes, and the date of registration with UKVCAS if different from the application date.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:10 pm

Korekt wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:04 pm
harshitguptaiitr wrote:
For biometric reuse applicants who may get IDV invitation today, can you please post your application date so that others know how far has UKVCAS reached ?
Yes, and the date of registration with UKVCAS if different from the application date.
On saturday, invites were sent after 6 pm for IDV. Is that going to be a pattern? Let's see...

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:20 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:10 pm
On saturday, invites were sent after 6 pm for IDV. Is that going to be a pattern? Let's see...
May well be. At least until they get up to speed, to borrow their own phrase.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

har_p3

Post by har_p3 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:26 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:10 pm
Korekt wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:04 pm
harshitguptaiitr wrote:
I think many people would have already got the email by this time. No one has posted here but it makes sense as they would want to stagger the email through the day to limit the app usage concurrently. It would be really nice if those who got email keeps updating this forum so others like us who are further back in the queue gets a reassurance that the queue is moving. Currently, we have just got our fingers crossed and its all a guessing game.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:47 pm

Just a general question for moderators/gurus/experts, How many in-country applications on an average are submitted each day?. Basically, those that require a biometric submission in the UK.(e.g. Tier 2 extensions, ILR, FLR etc.)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:50 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:47 pm
Just a general question for moderators/gurus/experts, How many in-country applications on an average are submitted each day?. Basically, those that require a biometric submission in the UK.(e.g. Tier 2 extensions, ILR, FLR etc.)
It would be impossible for anyone on the forum to give you this information. We don't work for HO or have any affiliation to HO/UKVI. You would have to look for the statistics on UKVI website or do an FOI if you need or want this information.

This is also not relevant to this the purpose of this specific topic either.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:53 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:50 pm
iamawonder wrote:
It would be impossible for anyone on the forum to give you this information. We don't work for HO or have any affiliation to HO/UKVI. You would have to look for the statistics on UKVI website or do an FOI if you need or want this information.

This is also not relevant to this the purpose of this specific topic either.
@CR001, thanks for your response. Yes, not that important, I agree :-).
I was just trying to ascertain my position in the IDV queue which I know would be difficult to judge even if we had the statistics :)

imb2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by imb2020 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:28 pm

Sez30 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:52 pm
Feeling more anxious by the day applied 7th June for FLR(M) made the wrong decision waiting for IDV, we have a mortgage offer pending and need the visa decision by mid/end September. Not feeling too hopeful, and no idea what to do already spent out a fair bit on buying this house. :(
OMG, I registered the account for your post as we exactly have the same situation with you. I tried to opt out on 10 Aug, but missed their deadline on 7 Aug. However, no responses. I am not sure if I can get my dream house on time. Very anxious.

stonelove
India

Post by stonelove » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:37 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Guys I know we are all anxious to find out when we will receive this IDV app but may I stress that we all soon should receive this, they are working their way through bear in mind that this is a new development and you cannot open up invites to so many people, it has to be done slowly and then refine any issues that arise before it is ramped up otherwise we will then go on and complain later. I know some have waited since March 2020, but may I stress that we all waiting have some patience lets “Trust the process our time is coming just do the work and the results will handle themselves”.

strong_and_stable
Cook Islands

Post by strong_and_stable » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:45 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Based on HO stats, the average combined in-country visa and citizenship applications per week is around 11,170. This isn't wildly far off the backlog estimate of 127,000 that ROHITSHAH cited recently.

But estimated wait time is difficult because we have no idea:
* How much of the backlog they have processed now
* How quickly they will ramp up to 20,000 invites/week
* The percentage of applicants selected for reuse

alyo
Zambia

Post by alyo » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:46 pm

Hi

Have opted out before deadline....

No email and unable to book an appointment.

Anyone else in similar position?

Thank you
Alf

har_p3

Post by har_p3 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:54 pm

The day has almost ended and no one reported receiving emails today. What is going on!

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:05 pm

New Service Update 24/8: Nothing new on IDV app. THe new information is regarding august applicants.
"Registered with UKVCAS in August?
If UKVCAS received your application on or after 1 August 2020, you won’t be able to book an appointment at the moment. This is because UKVI are assessing which customers are eligible for biometric reuse and the IDV app.

For those of you who applied up to 23rd August, we will be in touch by email this week as soon as possible after UKVI give us the information to outline next steps.

If UKVCAS received your application on or after 24th August, we will be in touch over the next few weeks."

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:07 pm

har_p3 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:54 pm
The day has almost ended and no one reported receiving emails today. What is going on!
Just a mystery amid all the misery!

har_p3

Post by har_p3 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:15 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:07 pm
har_p3 wrote:
I believe a mystery that some people on this forum who applied in April and were expecting to see an email could clear!

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:23 pm

har_p3 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:15 pm
iamawonder wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:07 pm
har_p3 wrote:
I believe a mystery that some people on this forum who applied in April and were expecting to see an email could clear!
3-4 people reported receiving app invites after 6 pm on saturday. That's my last hope for the day :)