ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:25 pm

blueskies89 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:21 pm
I applied in early April received an email this evening to use IDV app to submit the application.

Just submitted my application via IDV app.

So pleased biometrics are now out of the way.
Great. Please post back when you get an approval. Looking forward to see the time it takes for a decision after providing biometrics via IDV app.
For someone who provided biometrics via UKVCAS, the timelines show 3-10 days.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Jayjap
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jayjap » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:50 pm

Hi thank you in advance to anyone who can help with the below questions on my wife's application:

1.Do I need to upload the referee documents as I can't seem to find anywhere it mentions this?
2.Uploaded my British passport as requested but it actually expires next month, is that going to be an issue?
3.There are no appointments available at the moment that we can get to, do I literally just have to log in and check everyday until there are?
4.This is the first time doing this so presumably we wont be able to use this app people have been discussing which is only for reusing previously submitted documents or am I wrong?
5.What happens if we don't get an appointment within the time frame designated if there are none available which is not obviously our fault?

Thank you thank you thank you.
J

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:02 pm

Jayjap wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:50 pm
Hi thank you in advance to anyone who can help with the below questions on my wife's application:

1.Do I need to upload the referee documents as I can't seem to find anywhere it mentions this?
2.Uploaded my British passport as requested but it actually expires next month, is that going to be an issue?
3.There are no appointments available at the moment that we can get to, do I literally just have to log in and check everyday until there are?
4.This is the first time doing this so presumably we wont be able to use this app people have been discussing which is only for reusing previously submitted documents or am I wrong?
5.What happens if we don't get an appointment within the time frame designated if there are none available which is not obviously our fault?

Thank you thank you thank you.
J
Please carry on in your existing topic for other non-biometrics related questions. This topic is for biometrics discussion only.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... l#p1917866
Last edited by CULLINAN on Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:04 pm

@Jayjap

This post may help you for biometrics related questions.

I thought to share as this post may help new applicants joining the forum or applicants from August and onwards.
Also it may answer some frequently asked questions.

Steps to follow after completing the form online:

Step 1: Pay and submit application via UKVI.

Tip: Date of application is the date you pay and submit online, biometrics date is irrelevant.

Step 2: After payment, you will reach “further actions page.” If you click on “book an appointment,” system will reroute you to create an account on UKVCAS where you can upload your documents and book an appointment.

Tip: You are sent an access code to set up an account on UKVCAS which usually lands up in Junk folder.

Booking an appointment is opening up in phases. Check the UKVCAS flash message for updates. As of now, it is only open for applicants who submitted applications before 31st July.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

Step 3: Booking system is not open for August applicants as of now.

Next step will be communicated to you via email; either you will be chosen to attend the biometrics appointment OR UKVI will reuse your biometrics from a previous application.

If you fall under the latter group, you will have to wait for IDV app to launch to provide your facial image (which is expected to launch in August).

Tip: You are given a deadline to submit your biometrics on the further actions page. Ignore that, you will not be penalised even if you can not fulfil it.

Step 4: Now you can submit your documents to UKVI via UKVCAS portal even before your biometrics. The option usually appears when you have uploaded all your documents, sign out and sign in again. The option can be found on the “document upload page” right at the bottom.

Note: You can only submit once, so make sure your documents are complete before you submit.
You will be able to add more documents via your appointment/IDV app on a later stage whatever your circumstance be.

Tip: The best approach would be to benefit from the new feature.

Note: For certain categories/cases, the CW may request for the documents to be submitted via email. It does not matter if you already have submitted via UKVCAS portal, you can still submit documents via email if requested.

Step 5: Once the process as stated above is completed, you should wait for a decision.

Tip: Be vigilant and regularly check your email as all communication for next steps will be sent via email.

Jayjap
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jayjap » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:10 pm

That's great thank you my friend.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:03 am

Jayjap wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:10 pm
That's great thank you my friend.
Btw the IDV app has already launched since 17th Aug and will roll out in phases. Check UKVCAS for updates. The above message contents are correct overall but is a little out dated for IDV.

Jayjap
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jayjap » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:09 am

Sorry quick question I thought using the app was by invitation only for when they are reusing previously submitted docs? Am I wrong?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:30 am

Jayjap wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:09 am
Sorry quick question I thought using the app was by invitation only for when they are reusing previously submitted docs? Am I wrong?
invitation only

Jayjap
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jayjap » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:52 am

Thank you again :)

Aragon1

Post by Aragon1 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:59 am

Hi IB Gurus,

I just submitted my Citizenship application and now collecting the documents to upload.

Would it be okay to submit everything in UKVCAS website now considering that the dates on the referee forms will most likely be older than a month by the time I get the Biometric appointment / IDV app invite?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Aragon1 on Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:01 pm

Aragon1 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:59 am
Hi IB,

I just submitted my Citizenship application and now collecting the documents to upload.

Would it be okay to submit everything in UKVCAS website now considering that the dates on the referee forms will most likely be older than a month by the time I get the Biometric appointment / IDV app invite?
Date of application is the date you submit and pay online and NOT the biometric date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aragon1

Post by Aragon1 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:01 pm
Aragon1 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:59 am
Hi IB,

Date of application is the date you submit and pay online and NOT the biometric date.
Thanks CR001. As always, you guys are the best. :D

Sdg-nilou
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Sdg-nilou » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:28 pm

Hi All

I have submitted (paid) my application 16th Aug

No appointments are available.

What should i do? Just upload my documents on the UKVI web site?

Will they contact me When appointments are available? Or i should keep on looking at the web site?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:34 pm

Sdg-nilou wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:28 pm
Hi All

I have submitted (paid) my application 16th Aug

No appointments are available.

What should i do? Just upload my documents on the UKVI web site?

Will they contact me When appointments are available? Or i should keep on looking at the web site?
Did you try to read the previous posts??

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:22 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:25 pm
blueskies89 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:21 pm
I applied in early April received an email this evening to use IDV app to submit the application.

Just submitted my application via IDV app.

So pleased biometrics are now out of the way.
Great. Please post back when you get an approval. Looking forward to see the time it takes for a decision after providing biometrics via IDV app.
For someone who provided biometrics via UKVCAS, the timelines show 3-10 days.

Hopefully, we idv users will get approval within 3-10 days as well...

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

Post by oxana777 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:31 am

Has anyone who applied after 15th April received an IDV invitation yet? I have applied on the 15th and still no invitation 😞

Abdul1274
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Abdul1274 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:55 am

I applied on the 30th of April. Hopefully, it won't take too long for me to receive an invite to submit my facial image, liveness check and travel document as I am getting a little bit impatient here. Fingers crossed.

Lespa

Post by Lespa » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:59 am

oxana777 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:31 am
Has anyone who applied after 15th April received an IDV invitation yet? I have applied on the 15th and still no invitation 😞
15th April application here as well and no IDV invite yet.
We are probably the next batch but it might be later on this week to allow previous lot to submit whatever they need to submit.

nbhatt

Post by nbhatt » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:32 pm

Oh my God , applicants who submitted their application in April are still waiting for IDV APP invite , Lord only knows when June applicants will receive this invite , I think I should check my emails next year now..must say highly impressed with this new app what a way to accelerate the process. I think word accelerate is a typo error on their website :evil: :twisted: : :o

chacha-n-co
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by chacha-n-co » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:51 pm

I applied on 3rd April and got IDV app invitation email on saturday. All done now. lets hope for the best

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:11 pm

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:22 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:11 pm
UKVCAS new update 24/8/20.

It’s not a rocket science for UKVCAS and UKVI just to keep their communication simple and clear. Why they can’t simply mention IDV emails are sent either on daily, weekly or god knows yearly basis.

What we need is below example from UKVCAS :

People who applied between 20th of March and 15th of April, their email will be sent out for IDV use between 17th of Aug and 24th of August.

People who applied between 16th of April and 15th of May, their email will be sent out for IDV use between 25th of Aug and 29th of August.

People who applied between 16th of May and 15th of June, their email will be sent out for IDV use between 30th of Aug and 05th of September.

DreamerInDarkness
Taiwan

Post by DreamerInDarkness » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:56 pm

skasyap wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:22 pm
CULLINAN wrote:

It’s not a rocket science for UKVCAS and UKVI just to keep their communication simple and clear. Why they can’t simply mention IDV emails are sent either on daily, weekly or god knows yearly basis.

People who applied between 20th of March and 15th of April, their email will be sent out for IDV use between 17th of Aug and 24th of August.

People who applied between 16th of April and 15th of May, their email will be sent out for IDV use between 25th of Aug and 29th of August.

People who applied between 16th of May and 15th of June, their email will be sent out for IDV use between 30th of Aug and 05th of September.
Because they don’t know yet.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:26 pm

DreamerInDarkness wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:56 pm
skasyap wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:22 pm
CULLINAN wrote:

Because they don’t know yet.
Are you sure 🧐🧐. I thought UKVCAS IS ORGANISING AND SENDING THE IDV APP INVITE WHETHER ON UKVI INSTRUCTIONS OR NOT. Who else would know sounds like mystery then 🥴

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

Post by oxana777 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:45 pm

Hi everyone. I have just received an invitation to use idv app. (I applied for naturalisation on the 15th April)