ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

asylum fresh claim processing time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

senu14
Sri Lanka

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by senu14 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:34 pm

Violetsareblue wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:55 pm
senu14 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:54 pm
Hi Jay,
I got update on my case today as I have changed solicitor recently then he chased up with HO.HO responded today they going to conclude my case within 4 weeks. finally big hope. please pray for us all.
Hi Senu, that’s great news. It a good thing you sent the chase ups letter and child’s passport. In my case I was given an 8 week time-frame and they send me a decision letter in less than two weeks. So fingers crossed you’d probably get positive news before then.
Hi Violet,

Thank you. I hope at least this time they will work on timeline been given . as you said stress is not over even after decision isn't it now after heard timeline I'm in fear what will happen for my accommodation. We have eviction date on 30th September which is after 4 weeks so what would you think
They will help me to get support from local council as i always wish or they will refuse help further ? I'm worrying about housing now as i have huge debt for house rent and utility outstanding for last three months already. we are now on financial help only

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:35 pm

senu14 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:34 pm
Violetsareblue wrote:
senu14 wrote:
Hi Jay,
I got update on my case today as I have changed solicitor recently then he chased up with HO.HO responded today they going to conclude my case within 4 weeks. finally big hope. please pray for us all.
Hi Senu, that’s great news. It a good thing you sent the chase ups letter and child’s passport. In my case I was given an 8 week time-frame and they send me a decision letter in less than two weeks. So fingers crossed you’d probably get positive news before then.
Hi Violet,

Thank you. I hope at least this time they will work on timeline been given . as you said stress is not over even after decision isn't it now after heard timeline I'm in fear what will happen for my accommodation. We have eviction date on 30th September which is after 4 weeks so what would you think
They will help me to get support from local council as i always wish or they will refuse help further ? I'm worrying about housing now as i have huge debt for house rent and utility outstanding for last three months already. we are now on financial help only , accommodation support application still pending

jay287
United Kingdom

Post by jay287 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:54 am

Hi senu,

That’s great news! Congratulations in advance!!! Keep me posted.
senu14 wrote:
Hi Jay,

Joe15
United Kingdom

Post by Joe15 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:49 pm

senu14 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:58 am
Joe15 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:47 pm
senu14 wrote:
Hi Jay,
Hi Senu,

That’s awesome news; I hope the Home Office conclude positively within the time given.

I also got an email from the solicitor confirming he sent a chaser letter. Also waiting for a reply from the MP still.

Best wishes
Hi Joe,

Thank you. count down start for 4 weeks and praying this time they will able to do it within time they have given. I believe MP's chase up powerful too because for my case MP sent out chase up asking conclude my case before 30th September and the mean time solicitor sent out chase up. both side have given me relief to hear timeline at last. Otherwise i was keep sending complaints each month around 8 or 9 month without getting any useful information.
wish you good luck.
Hi Senu,

Thank you for your reply. I pray you may hear good news pretty soon.

I today heard from the MP confirming they have sent out a chase up. Now Solicitor, Mp and Myself have sent chasing letter and emails to the HO. I hope they respond to any of them with any useful information.

Wish you all the luck and keep us updated.

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:49 pm

Joe15 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:49 pm
senu14 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:58 am
Joe15 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:47 pm
senu14 wrote:
Hi Jay,
Hi Senu,

That’s awesome news; I hope the Home Office conclude positively within the time given.

I also got an email from the solicitor confirming he sent a chaser letter. Also waiting for a reply from the MP still.

Best wishes
Hi Joe,

Thank you. count down start for 4 weeks and praying this time they will able to do it within time they have given. I believe MP's chase up powerful too because for my case MP sent out chase up asking conclude my case before 30th September and the mean time solicitor sent out chase up. both side have given me relief to hear timeline at last. Otherwise i was keep sending complaints each month around 8 or 9 month without getting any useful information.
wish you good luck.
Hi Senu,

Thank you for your reply. I pray you may hear good news pretty soon.

I today heard from the MP confirming they have sent out a chase up. Now Solicitor, Mp and Myself have sent chasing letter and emails to the HO. I hope they respond to any of them with any useful information.

Wish you all the luck and keep us updated.
Hi Joe 15,

Thank you and will update all as soon i hear something. I'm sure it will work for you this time as for mine it worked with MP and solicitor letters but fingers crossed Let's see they will work on their timeframe or not. as i seen here some people got it within timeframe and some not. but it is bit relief for me at least i heard something after 23 months.

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:20 pm

jay287 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:54 am
Hi senu,

senu14 wrote:
Hi Jay,
Hi Jay
Thank you . I'm worrying about accommodation now as we receive positive decision before we hearing accommodation application decision what will be happen to us. do you have any knowledge about it. still in doubt will we get benefits right or not
too may quotations if anybody know or had gone through same process please let me know

jay287
United Kingdom

Post by jay287 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:50 pm

Hi senu,

NASS are taking so long even the section 95 applications.

If you receive positive decision you will then be entitled for main stream benefits. We’ll what visa they give you as it also depends on it if you will be entitled for benefits or whatnot, but you’re daughter is British it shouldn’t be a problem. Try to look up for charities in your area who help asylum seekers.
senu14 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:20 pm
jay287 wrote:
Hi senu,

senu14 wrote:
Hi Jay,
Hi Jay
Thank you . I'm worrying about accommodation now as we receive positive decision before we hearing accommodation application decision what will be happen to us. do you have any knowledge about it. still in doubt will we get benefits right or not
too may quotations if anybody know or had gone through same process please let me know

Violetsareblue
United Kingdom

Post by Violetsareblue » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:30 pm

senu14 wrote:
Violetsareblue wrote:
senu14 wrote:
Hi Jay,
Hi Violet,

They will help me to get support from local council as i always wish or they will refuse help further ? I'm worrying about housing now as i have huge debt for house rent and utility outstanding for last three months already. we are now on financial help only
Hi Senu,
I’m not really sure about local council benefit, but if you receive positive decision before your eviction date then you can apply for housing benefit(depending if you have recourse to public funds). Even if not, as you’re not currently on asylum support, you can still go to your council and show that you’re destitute and they would definitely house and you’d be priority as long as you also have young British children.

I’m still under asylum support as I’m still waiting for first tier tribunal appeal hearing and I can’t get main stream benefits.

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:30 pm

jay287 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:50 pm
Hi senu,

If you receive positive decision you will then be entitled for main stream benefits. We’ll what visa they give you as it also depends on it if you will be entitled for benefits or whatnot, but you’re daughter is British it shouldn’t be a problem. Try to look up for charities in your area who help asylum seekers.
senu14 wrote:
jay287 wrote:
Hi senu,

senu14 wrote:
Hi Jay,
Hi Jay
Hi Jay,

Thank you for your comment. how about your side. did not you hear anything regarding accommodation support or asylum application. We are counting days with hope as HO mentioned timeline. wish you hear good news soon.

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:35 pm

Violetsareblue wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:30 pm
senu14 wrote:
Violetsareblue wrote:
senu14 wrote:
Hi Jay,
Hi Violet,

Hi Senu,
I’m not really sure about local council benefit, but if you receive positive decision before your eviction date then you can apply for housing benefit(depending if you have recourse to public funds). Even if not, as you’re not currently on asylum support, you can still go to your council and show that you’re destitute and they would definitely house and you’d be priority as long as you also have young British children.

I’m still under asylum support as I’m still waiting for first tier tribunal appeal hearing and I can’t get main stream benefits.
Hi Violet,

Thank you for your comment. There is nothing than waiting again isnt it ? Hope they will allow us for mainstream benefit as HO already accepted we are in destitute and giving us cash support weekly. but still finger crossed . wish you will get positive decision on tribunal.

jay287
United Kingdom

Post by jay287 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:15 pm

Hi senu,

No news yet on my side. They haven’t responded to my previous chase letter I’ll wait until second week of September then I will ask my solicitor to send another chase letter.

Violet is right approach your local council. Try to ring Citizens advice, your child is British. You son should get benefits as destitute British citizen child.

senu14 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:30 pm
jay287 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:50 pm
Hi senu,

senu14 wrote:
jay287 wrote:
Hi senu,

Hi Jay
Hi Jay,

Thank you for your comment. how about your side. did not you hear anything regarding accommodation support or asylum application. We are counting days with hope as HO mentioned timeline. wish you hear good news soon.

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:49 pm

Hi Jay and Violet,

Quick update on my case again. Biometric letters has been sent out to my old solicitor on 18th August but they did email me regarding it today after 10 days of receiving it. But luckily i was managed to book an appointment for next month. hopefully they are working on the case now.

Violetsareblue
United Kingdom

Post by Violetsareblue » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:01 pm

senu14 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:49 pm
Hi Jay and Violet,

Quick update on my case again. Biometric letters has been sent out to my old solicitor on 18th August but they did email me regarding it today after 10 days of receiving it. But luckily i was managed to book an appointment for next month. hopefully they are working on the case now.
Yessss, you’re Nearly there,
just a tiny tiny more waiting time you’d have your papers.😁😁
But wait a minute, How did you book your biometric appointment, I’ve been trying the number on my letter by they keep saying closed due to pandemic. Could u send me the number u called please🙏🏾.
Thank you

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:41 pm

Violetsareblue wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:01 pm
senu14 wrote:
Hi Jay and Violet,

Yessss, you’re Nearly there,
just a tiny tiny more waiting time you’d have your papers.😁😁
But wait a minute, How did you book your biometric appointment, I’ve been trying the number on my letter by they keep saying closed due to pandemic. Could u send me the number u called please🙏🏾.
Thank you
Hi Violet
It is big confusion isn't it ? i was expecting a decision same as you a way you received bcoz of biometric matter now a days. I seen huge number of people waiting for book biometrics on fb ukba site too. but it was very simple process than i expected. and able to get date within two weeks. this is the number i rang 08002346344 but please check could be something connection with case worker as I felt bcoz they have booked train tickets for travel even i did not ask for it. ring this number you might find a way.

Bryar
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Bryar » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:32 pm

senu14 wrote:
Hi Jay and Violet,

Hi senu
Could kindly tell me is pre-action protocol not eligible for legal aid I’ve told my solicitor which is in legal aid to send pre- action letter to home office and she said you have to pay Privately and it just waste money all pross take to much money?

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:28 pm

Bryar wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:32 pm
senu14 wrote:
Hi Jay and Violet,

Hi senu
Could kindly tell me is pre-action protocol not eligible for legal aid I’ve told my solicitor which is in legal aid to send pre- action letter to home office and she said you have to pay Privately and it just waste money all pross take to much money?
Hi
I dont know about legal aid be honest. but i did not pay extra money for send pre-action letter. it was part of case handling i guess when HO keep it long usually solicitors do it to make speed up the process. that is what my thoughts i really dont know exactly but i can confirm i didnt pay for sending pre-action. but that letter has been worked for my case as they been sent me bio metric letters and agreed end the case within 4 weeks.

Bryar
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Bryar » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:13 pm

senu14 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:28 pm
Bryar wrote:
senu14 wrote:
Hi Jay and Violet,

Hi senu
Hi
I dont know about legal aid be honest. but i did not pay extra money for send pre-action letter. it was part of case handling i guess when HO keep it long usually solicitors do it to make speed up the process. that is what my thoughts i really dont know exactly but i can confirm i didnt pay for sending pre-action. but that letter has been worked for my case as they been sent me bio metric letters and agreed end the case within 4 weeks.
senu14 wrote:
Bryar wrote:
senu14 wrote:
Hi Jay and Violet,

Hi senu
Hi

Hi senu

Thank you for replying and the information .
21 months I’m waiting for the decision two months ago they replied complaints email we will aim to make a decision by end of July but still I didn’t heard anything

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:25 pm

Bryar wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:13 pm
senu14 wrote:
Bryar wrote:
senu14 wrote:
Hi Jay and Violet,

Hi senu
Hi
senu14 wrote:
Bryar wrote:
senu14 wrote:
Hi Jay and Violet,

Hi senu
Hi

Hi senu

Thank you for replying and the information .
21 months I’m waiting for the decision two months ago they replied complaints email we will aim to make a decision by end of July but still I didn’t heard anything
Hi,

For mine its been 23 months but MP also sent out chase letter to HO last july and they been consider MP'S letter too. did you done biometric or not.

Bryar
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Bryar » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:20 pm

Not unfortunately I will contact my MP to send chase up letter hope will work thanks 🙏🏻

Joe15
United Kingdom

Post by Joe15 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:33 am

Hi Senu,

How long it took the home office to reply to the MP’s letter? I am still await for a reply from the home office to both letters sent by Solicitor and MP.

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:44 pm

Joe15 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:33 am
Hi Senu,

How long it took the home office to reply to the MP’s letter? I am still await for a reply from the home office to both letters sent by Solicitor and MP.
Hi Joe
for solicitor it took only two weeks as HO mentioned they received pre-action letter on 7th August and they replied back to solicitor 21st august but for MP they did not reply for within 4 weeks then i did asked from MP that he received answer from HO after that MP checked with HO again in 5th week then HO replied to MP. so it took around 6 weeks for MP

Stillwaiting2020
Cameroon

Hi all I need advice

Post by Stillwaiting2020 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:15 pm

Hi, I am a member of this board, although I have not post anything information for some time now, I need advice, I made a fresh claim maybe,last month being August I sent a chase up email regarding my application and after 1o days I got a reply from Home office which says that having looked at the case, I am unable to give a timescale as to when decision will be made on the case,once decision has been made you will be notified by post to the address listed on our system. Can anyone on this board tell me what to expect whether good or bad news, I am really tired and going through alot of stress.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Hi all I need advice

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:21 pm

Stillwaiting2020 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:15 pm
Hi, I am a member of this board, although I have not post anything information for some time now, I need advice, I made a fresh claim maybe,last month being August I sent a chase up email regarding my application and after 1o days I got a reply from Home office which says that having looked at the case, I am unable to give a timescale as to when decision will be made on the case,once decision has been made you will be notified by post to the address listed on our system. Can anyone on this board tell me what to expect whether good or bad news, I am really tired and going through alot of stress.
Sorry on the stressful arduous ordeal that the process has turned intoNot until you get the feedback/decision you wont know what it is, same way no one on here can not tell you what the outcome will be.

Joe15
United Kingdom

Post by Joe15 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:26 pm

senu14 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:44 pm
Joe15 wrote:

Hi Joe
for solicitor it took only two weeks as HO mentioned they received pre-action letter on 7th August and they replied back to solicitor 21st august but for MP they did not reply for within 4 weeks then i did asked from MP that he received answer from HO after that MP checked with HO again in 5th week then HO replied to MP. so it took around 6 weeks for MP
Hi Senu,

Thank you for your reply and I hope you hear the good news pretty soon.

I will keep an eye on the timeline, at this stage I think it might not be long enough to ask MP if they heard anything yet, so will wait another two weeks and then ask once again, same goes to my solicitor.

I have a question in regards to pre-action Letter, if you won’t mind telling me what points you raised as, as far as I know you can only use such pre action protocol, to review a decision before taking home office to juridical review? In your case there was no a reply yet, so was just wondering how it was applicable.

Thank you once again!

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:54 pm

Joe15 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:26 pm
senu14 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:44 pm
Joe15 wrote:

Hi Joe
Hi Senu,

Thank you for your reply and I hope you hear the good news pretty soon.

I will keep an eye on the timeline, at this stage I think it might not be long enough to ask MP if they heard anything yet, so will wait another two weeks and then ask once again, same goes to my solicitor.

I have a question in regards to pre-action Letter, if you won’t mind telling me what points you raised as, as far as I know you can only use such pre action protocol, to review a decision before taking home office to juridical review? In your case there was no a reply yet, so was just wondering how it was applicable.

Thank you once again!
Hi

let me explain you otherwise you will confuse with it. I have changed the solicitor last end of July because previous one was useless. After long wait even i have keep asking send chase up many many times she was keep ignoring me. so new solicitor sent letter to HO last August what i thought chase letter but when i saw MP'S reply from HO that letter mentioned that they received pre-action letter from my solicitor this date and they replied to solicitor this date. that is why i think its pre-action letter until that i thought it was chase up. could be HO wrongly written it as pre-action too.