ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does Temporary admission counts towards ILR( Long Term Residence)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alisher715
Pakistan

Does Temporary admission counts towards ILR( Long Term Residence)

Post by Alisher715 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:38 am

Hi

Thanks in advance for the help. I am asking this on behalf of my friend.

My wife came to the uk from student visa on 12 April 2010. She was on student Visa till 25 March 2012. During this period in September 2011 Our circumstances changed And we applied for an asylum with a valid Visa and my husband and kids were my dependant. And I went to the home office and stayed at a temporary stay in uk and carried on signing in the signing centre.Within one year my asylum Application got refused,but I still carried on Signing ,but my wife and my kids were exempt from it. I continued like this until in 2018, and under the section 120, they gave mus 2 and a half year visa. On August 2019, my and my family went to go and visit in Pakistan for only 3 weeks. My wife’s full 10 year period: April 2010 to April 2020 is now completed. is she still Illegible to apply for a ILR long term residence?

As I would Actually I applied asylum and I was directed to do reporting to the UKBA centre but currently I am about to complete 10 years since my reporting started. In addition I was granted 2 and half year leave to remain consequently the reporting.
The law says the following:
Paragraph 276A (b) of the Immigration Rules defines lawful residence as meaning continuous residence pursuant to:
b) Temporary admission within section 11 of the Immigration Act 1971 where leave to enter or remain is subsequently granted.

CAn she still apply?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Does Temporary admission counts towards ILR( Long Term Residence)

Post by seagul » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:20 pm

Alisher715 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:38 am
.Within one year my asylum Application got refused,but I still carried on Signing ,but my wife and my kids were exempt from it. I continued like this until in 2018, and under the section 120, they gave mus 2 and a half year visa.
Was the appeal lodged in timely
Alisher715 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:38 am
On August 2019, my and my family went to go and visit in Pakistan for only 3 weeks.
Asylum based temporary leave could have been revoked.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Alisher715
Pakistan

Post by Alisher715 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:25 am

thanks for the reply.

The appeal was lodged timely.

temporary admission was not revoked.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:20 pm

Yes. Even temporary admission counts towards long residence
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice