ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hobba2008
Palestine

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by hobba2008 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:51 am

alog1 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:33 pm
Hi,

Can anyone who got the biometric reuse email let us know when you gave your last biometric, so that we can know if we are eligible for IDV app or not?

Thanks
Home Office announced that it is 5 years for adults and 2 years for children. I saw this on a law firm's meeting minutes with HO on the firm's website.

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:00 am

Interesting info on IDV from xxxxxxx firm

Weblink removed by moderator

I am hopeful I, an August applicant, will receive an invite this week

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:12 am

hobba2008 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:00 am

Members are not permitted to post names and weblinks of solicitors on the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

harshitguptaiitr
India

Post by harshitguptaiitr » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:28 am

Is it possible to know what was the info?

I appreciate maintaining rules, but at the same time the intent and purpose of the forum - sharing knowledge and helping others - must be maintained too.
Please DO NOT send me a Private Message for immigration advice.

My responses are not a substitute for professional legal advice. My response does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor is it a solicitation to offer legal advice.

Keyless07
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Keyless07 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:50 am

hobba2008 wrote:
You need to be realistic, most people in this forum have been waiting since April to provide their biometrics. You have zero chance of receiving your invite this week or even next week.

ILRGB
India

Post by ILRGB » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:53 am

whdkfk wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:09 am
Shaaz2029 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:02 am
whdkfk wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:55 pm
ILRGB wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:32 pm
Hello all

For ILR Set O, after application is processed, any idea if the ILR status is upated on the Right to Work website immediately? Anyone can please confirm based on their observation?
I just got my approval this evening and I checked the Right to Work status and it has been updated to reflect the ILR status
Congratulations, was your BRP still valid or expired when you checked your right to work ?
My BRP was still valid when I checked it
Hey how long does it take for BIometric card to arrive and have you had a chance to check your ILR status on the website using the new biometric ID, as I understand that the old biometric expires the day ILR is approved. Any thoughts?

NoUsername
Newly Registered
China

Post by NoUsername » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:12 am

iamawonder wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:57 am
NoUsername wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:18 am
Hi all, please can anyone advice that if I should upload supporting documents via UKVCAS's website or IDV App? Many thanks.

I applied in May and am still waiting for the invite for IDV, but I'm thinking I might upload the docs while waiting.
Uploading through either channel is fine. But, uploading them through the website on a bigger screen(desktop/laptop) would be much more convenient I suppose.
Thank you!
Yea, true, the bigger screen may make me a bit more confident. :D

NoUsername
Newly Registered
China

Post by NoUsername » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:24 am

Hi all, got a question re the date of supporting ducoments. At the moment, all my supporting documents were signed/dated in May (I applied in May). Should I redo them, such as employer letter, bank statement, or I can use the previous ones? What do you guys do? Many thanks.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:45 am

NoUsername wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:24 am
Hi all, got a question re the date of supporting ducoments. At the moment, all my supporting documents were signed/dated in May (I applied in May). Should I redo them, such as employer letter, bank statement, or I can use the previous ones? What do you guys do? Many thanks.
You don't need to. Application date counts here not biometric / IDV date.

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:04 am

hobba2008 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:51 am
alog1 wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone who got the biometric reuse email let us know when you gave your last biometric, so that we can know if we are eligible for IDV app or not?

Thanks
Home Office announced that it is 5 years for adults and 2 years for children. I saw this on a law firm's meeting minutes with HO on the firm's website.
The above statement is not correct. My daughter's (8 year old now) last biometrics were collected in June 2019, yet she was invited for new biometrics for her SET (F) ILR application. Her latest Biometrics are submitted on 12th Aug.

If the above statement was definitely published by the home office, still this cannot be taken as a gospel based on my experience.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:05 am

NoUsername wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:24 am
If you have general NON biometric appointment questions, please start your own topic. This topic is ONLY for biometric/IDV app queries and delays.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:06 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:12 am
hobba2008 wrote:

Members are not permitted to post names and weblinks of solicitors on the forum.
Thank you for letting me know. I would not have done especially that I applied for all my visas on my own :)

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:10 am

Keyless07 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:50 am
hobba2008 wrote:
You need to be realistic, most people in this forum have been waiting since April to provide their biometrics. You have zero chance of receiving your invite this week or even next week.
I am referring to UKVCAS's last night announcement re August applicants. They "promised" to contact anyone who applied between 1-23 august, this week.

nash4elovek
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nash4elovek » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:12 am

A very positive message from that teleconference: "UKVI has confirmed that extensive work has been undertaken to complete pre-assessment casework in advance of successful submission of biometrics."

Although I thought they were looking at the documents prior to the submission of biometrics, it's still nice to see a confirmation from them.

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:14 am

ROHITSHAH4 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:04 am
hobba2008 wrote:
alog1 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
The above statement is not correct. My daughter's (8 year old now) last biometrics were collected in June 2019, yet she was invited for new biometrics for her SET (F) ILR application. Her latest Biometrics are submitted on 12th Aug.

If the above statement was definitely published by the home office, still this cannot be taken as a gospel based on my experience.
I don't know. I saw this info on a legal firm's website. They published a meeting minutes with HO in which they said that. They also said that if one member of an applicant family is not eligible for bio-reuse then the whole family will have to book an appointment. AND, personally, I understand there could be some complexities with certain people's bio in which case they may decide to rule out the re-use option for a particular applicant.

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:03 am

hobba2008 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:14 am
ROHITSHAH4 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:04 am
hobba2008 wrote:
alog1 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

I don't know. I saw this info on a legal firm's website. They published a meeting minutes with HO in which they said that. They also said that if one member of an applicant family is not eligible for bio-reuse then the whole family will have to book an appointment. AND, personally, I understand there could be some complexities with certain people's bio in which case they may decide to rule out the re-use option for a particular applicant.
Again, the above highlighted statement is not correct.

I am a family of 3, our previous biometrics were submitted in June 2019 at the same time. I applied for LR (SET R) on 9th May and was selected for Biometric reuse, my wife (applied for SET LR) and daughter (SET F) applied on 9th July, though my wife was selected for Biometric reuse and daughter for biometric submission. The result is my daughter's biometrics are submitted via the paid appointment as of 12th Aug and both me and my wife are still waiting for IDV app.

There is no complexity in our cases, pretty straight forward, 10 years straight with nominal gaps while travel out of the country on short holidays. Daughter is 8 years old and lived all her life in the UK with us since her age as a 3 month old (born outside the UK) and hence her application is SET F.

I even reached out to UKVI and UKVCAS regarding the above inconsistency but was told that it is a decision they have taken and if needed I can raise a complaint about it.

So in my view, do not expect any consistency that would even match their published documents. This entire process just adds more stress by trying to find some patterns and forecast the outcome of the next step, which at many levels has given mostly disappointment. Just have patience that we all can control.

typhoon476
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by typhoon476 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:18 am

hobba2008 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:10 am
Keyless07 wrote:
hobba2008 wrote:
I am referring to UKVCAS's last night announcement re August applicants. They "promised" to contact anyone who applied between 1-23 august, this week.
Yesterday's (24 August) announcement is ambiguous as always but what I get from that is that UKVI will send UKVCAS the list of people who are eligible to reuse, so those people up to 23 August will be put at the end of the queue for IDV app. UKVCAS then will contact those people to say they will need to wait to use the app. They *don't* mean they will invite August applicants this week. It's quite a stretch as they are in April still.

kraviraj82
Newly Registered
India

Post by kraviraj82 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:37 am

Hi All,

I attend my Biometrics last week and received SMS from UKVCAS on the same day that the application is submitted to UKVI. But I could not see any kind of status update in either UKVCAS or UKVI webiste, Is this normal ? Please advise.

Thanks
Ravi

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Post by mesn » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:44 am

typhoon476 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:18 am
hobba2008 wrote:
Keyless07 wrote:
hobba2008 wrote:
Yesterday's (24 August) announcement is ambiguous as always but what I get from that is that UKVI will send UKVCAS the list of people who are eligible to reuse, so those people up to 23 August will be put at the end of the queue for IDV app. UKVCAS then will contact those people to say they will need to wait to use the app. They *don't* mean they will invite August applicants this week. It's quite a stretch as they are in April still.
I think they can still invite the non-IDV applicants for a physical bio as they claim to have appointment slots in almost every location. The IDV applicants are likely to be able to use the App mid-September looking at the current trends. Anticipate the system to resume normalcy by end of September and likely return of Priority services.

JS123
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by JS123 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:49 am

Anyone who have used the IDV app - have you received any confirmation at all from UKVCAS that your application is submitted and with UKVI?

Zhukman
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Zhukman » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:53 am

iamawonder wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:12 pm
iamawonder wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:05 pm
Zhukman wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:02 pm
Hi all,
I can see that many users posted info that applicants who applied via solicitors have not received any emails. I with my wife and my colleague applied via solicitors on 22nd of July - and there is no update. Is there anyone who applied using solicitors and received email for biometrics/IDV app?
I have applied through solicitor on 10/07 and had received email regarding my eligibility for biometric reuse and also received option to opt out. However, i chose to use IDV app. Now waiting for IDV app.
Also, my solicitor used my personal email to create UKVCAS account. Hence i get all email updates directly from UKVCAS.
A lot of solicitors use the same email id to register all their clients which might be causing problems. But solicitors would know better. If this indeed is causing problems, we can trust them to use separate email ids for each client. Please discuss with your solicitor. Also, hope they are checking their spam/junk folder.
Thank you for reply - the problem is that solicitor used his email and I assume there are many applications submitted using it. I regret I didn`t insist to use my personal email for application.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:54 am

navkant wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:44 am
typhoon476 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:18 am
hobba2008 wrote:
Keyless07 wrote:

I think they can still invite the non-IDV applicants for a physical bio as they claim to have appointment slots in almost every location. The IDV applicants are likely to be able to use the App mid-September looking at the current trends. Anticipate the system to resume normalcy by end of September and likely return of Priority services.
Even if the backlog is finished from UKVCAS side, the backlog may still be there in UKVI side to make decisions. So it's less likely that the priority services will resume anytime soon. These will be resumed once backlog in UKVI side is also finished.

HKN123
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HKN123 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:09 pm

Learned members - I applied for ILR Set (O) 5yr T2G route on 31st July. This was the date of payment to UKVI and of registration with UKVCAS, however I submitted my documents in UKVCAS portal on 5th Aug. I did receive the opt-out email on same day and opted-out on 7th aug, however to date I have neither received email from UKVCAS inviting me to book appointment nor am I able to book appointments when I login to the portal. Referring to the previous update on UKVCAS site, they said everybody who applied upto 31st July was invited to book appointment - however I am confused as to whether I qualify for that or I fall into the 1st-23rd Aug bucket? Anybody in similar situation and not received any comms after opting out before the deadline of 10th aug?

atto123
India

Post by atto123 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:21 pm

Zhukman wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:53 am
iamawonder wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:12 pm
iamawonder wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:05 pm
Zhukman wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:02 pm
Hi all,
I can see that many users posted info that applicants who applied via solicitors have not received any emails. I with my wife and my colleague applied via solicitors on 22nd of July - and there is no update. Is there anyone who applied using solicitors and received email for biometrics/IDV app?
Thank you for reply - the problem is that solicitor used his email and I assume there are many applications submitted using it. I regret I didn`t insist to use my personal email for application.
I dont see solicitor using the same email as an issue, this is what they do even other wise in regular days as well. On any given day they file 10-15 applications with same email id, if it is not an issue then how is it an issue now ?

Asterik123
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by Asterik123 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:25 pm

Hi all, I’ve followed this thread for quite some time. While it’s heartening to see many applicants being invited to book an appointment (via the opt out route), afraid it’s cricket silence on my end apart from caseworker requesting for documents sometime in June. :(

I’m a June applicant, straightforward application, set(o), opted out on 3rd August before the 7th August deadline. Applied via solicitor, account was set up using my email, documents submitted to caseworker and also uploaded onto ukvcas website.

Anyone in the same situation?

Tried calling ukvcas on 0330 123 1199 and on their premium number 0900 165 6600 (hung on to it for 15 min with no soul in sight..) to no avail.

While I appreciate there’s a huge number of applicants and backlog involved, I’m worried that my applications might have been lost / not processed.