ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Extension Proof of Cohabiting

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Covee
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa Extension Proof of Cohabiting

Post by Covee » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:13 pm

If my wife enters the UK on 10 September 2020 what are the dates required for the letter proving that we live together for the spouse visa extension?

and what date (if the rules stay as they are today) do we need to apply for the extension?

I don't think there is anything other than bank accounts which I can have joint names put on the account, I can probably just open several joint accounts at different banks and put £1 in each and use the statements as proof of address with both names on.

Covee
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa Extension Proof of Cohabiting

Post by Covee » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:17 pm

Also which form is used for Spouse visa extension (5 year route)?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:21 pm

If my wife enters the UK on 10 September 2020 what are the dates required for the letter proving that we live together for the spouse visa extension?
It is the 2 years prior to the date of application for an extension.
and what date (if the rules stay as they are today) do we need to apply for the extension?
No sooner than within 28 days before reaching 30 months residence, counted from the date she entered the UK and must apply before visa expiry.
I don't think there is anything other than bank accounts which I can have joint names put on the account, I can probably just open several joint accounts at different banks and put £1 in each and use the statements as proof of address with both names on.
It does NOT have to be 'everything in joint names'. It can be items of correspondence addressed to each of you individually. You need 3 to 6 items from different sources, spread evenly for every 3 to 4 months. If in individual names, you need more. I would NOT suggest only using a wide range of bank statements.
Covee wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:17 pm
FLR(M).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:21 pm

Covee wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:13 pm
If my wife enters the UK on 10 September 2020 what are the dates required for the letter proving that we live together for the spouse visa extension? Dates you need on documents is an even spread of 3-4 months interval for the last 2years preceding the application for extension i.e. the first 6 months after entry into UK not factored.

Date range starts from 28 days before reaching/completing 30 months in UK till the last day of validity
of her BRP. Use below link to calculate.

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadded.html

Not only in joint names ( though joint named docs reduce volume of evidence of cohabitation),documents from GP/NHS, DVLA, HMRC etc also works.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:22 pm

Covee wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:17 pm
FLR(M)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:26 pm

Covee wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:13 pm
, I can probably just open several joint accounts at different banks and put £1 in each and use the statements as proof of address with both names on.
Not all bank accounts are free rather charge a fixed monthly/annual fee which usually is higher than £1 for sure. Also many banks/credit companies don't offer anything to a newcomer.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.