ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 Registration Question

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anker
Newly Registered
Ireland

Stamp 4 Registration Question

Post by anker » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:36 pm

Hello, I have a question regarding stamp 4 registration at the GNIB. Background is myself and my fianceé are getting married in mid-october here in Ireland. I am an Irish citizen and she is a US citizen. She arrived in Ireland last week after having lived back in the US for the past 2 years. Before that, she had been a student here in Dublin for 4 years and worked here for a year after on a 1G stamp.

We have been in contact with Burgh Quay to try get an appointment for our application for her to get a stamp 4 once we are married. They got back to us today saying that as she has had a stamp before (the 1G two years ago) that it would be considered a renewal rather than a first-time registration and to apply online instead. My question is if we do that; will it be the longer process to get the stamp 4. From what I had read online, it said that when you apply in the GNIB and are approved, they will put a temporary stamp 4 on her passport for a year while the application progresses which would entitle her to work. If we apply online, are we still able to get the temporary one, or does anyone know how long of a process it would be?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Stamp 4 Registration Question

Post by littlerr » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:52 pm

If she has not overstayed her previous permissions, has a valid permission to live in Ireland at the moment, and the immigration officer is satisfied that your marriage is genuine, she won't need an 'application'. She will be given a stamp 4 directly (regardless of whether this is done in person or online).

If she had overstayed her permission in the past, or if she is in the state illegally, you will need to write to SOIN unit to apply for the permission. The same applies if the immigration officer is not convinced that your marriage is genuine, the IO will refer you to apply to SOIN for a permission. In that case, she may or may not receive a temporary stamp 4, which is completely up to the SOIN unit.