ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Tier-1 from India- Join hands here - Give info, Get info

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

K San
Newly Registered

New Tier-1 from India- Join hands here - Give info, Get info

Post by K San » Tue May 20, 2008 9:13 am

Hi People,
I'm going to apply a new Tier-1 application from India on August. I'm starting this thread to find people who plan to apply in the near future, so that we can discuss things.

About my progress,
- I have started maintaining 2800 pounds in my Savings account (not sure whether FD will work or not). I've got the money from my Dad.
- I'm planning to get the English Language Certificate from my university (My university is listed in the website in the list of eligible universities, but just wanted to be on the safer side).
- I'm planning to get the pay slips sealed and attested from my company and the bank statements in the month of august.

About my profile,
I hold an electronics engineering degree with 4 years of software development experience mostly in Java, JEE and Oracle technologies and I currently live in Chennai.

I've been reading through the forum for quite sometime now. Thanks for the people who posted their experiences.
It would be nice if new aspirants join this post to share their progress and experiences.

*Best Wishes to All*

sudhakart
Newly Registered

Post by sudhakart » Tue May 20, 2008 1:28 pm

Hi

It's good to see the topic for who are trying from india.

I am also planning to go for UK HSMP under tier 1 visa.

It would be helpful if you give me some guidance on this.

Sudhakar

deepakad
Newly Registered

Post by deepakad » Wed May 21, 2008 5:06 am

Hi K San,

Even i am planning to apply in August or sept. Only worry is 2800 pounds. You mentioned "I've got the money from my Dad". Will you be showing as Gift ? or how will show this transaction...

Thanks for starting this thread.

K San
Newly Registered

Post by K San » Wed May 21, 2008 5:43 am

Yes, That was a gift by the way :)

I don't think we need to show the source of funds. It is nowhere mentioned to produce the source of funds. The maintenance section simply states that 2800 pounds has to be maintained EVERYDAY of the 3 month period and sufficient proof (Bank statement for 3 months and a letter from the bank saying that the minimum balance has always been XXXXXX Rs from XX-XX-XXXX to YY-YY-YYYY) must be produced.

It would be great if someone can confirm this.

K
deepakad wrote:Hi K San,

Even i am planning to apply in August or sept. Only worry is 2800 pounds. You mentioned "I've got the money from my Dad". Will you be showing as Gift ? or how will show this transaction...

Thanks for starting this thread.

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Wed May 21, 2008 11:37 am

If you have a considerable sum credited to your bank account in the 3 months, you must provide evidence of the source of funds.
e.g. - encashing / maturity of FD.
e.g. - sale of jewellery / house / other assets.
e.g. - income from sale of shares / dividends.

This is clearly stated in the PBS guidelines. .... "the receipt of funds along with regular withdrawals from the account, where appropriate".

Read this too http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#168714

regards

K San
Newly Registered

Post by K San » Wed May 21, 2008 1:22 pm

Thanks and yeah I remember reading that now.

"along with regular withdrawals..." - does that mean that the account shouldn't be dormant for these 3 months?

-- K
hsmpinuk70 wrote:If you have a considerable sum credited to your bank account in the 3 months, you must provide evidence of the source of funds.
e.g. - encashing / maturity of FD.
e.g. - sale of jewellery / house / other assets.
e.g. - income from sale of shares / dividends.

This is clearly stated in the PBS guidelines. .... "the receipt of funds along with regular withdrawals from the account, where appropriate".

Read this too http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#168714

regards

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Wed May 21, 2008 1:36 pm

No, just that significant debits should be explained as to where the money is going out e.g.- money transfer to FDs / purchase of shares etc.

I guess what they want to see is where the money is coming from and where the money is going out to.

regards
If you consider yourself highly skilled, think like one.
Before posting a new query, use the search tool to see if it's already been answered.

gautamdheeraj
Newly Registered

Post by gautamdheeraj » Thu May 22, 2008 6:17 am

Hi hsmpinuk70,

I have certain queries about big transactions. Currently I am in the process of completing 3 months requirement of maintenance funds.

Recently I got some big transactions from a relative. He sent money 250000 INR( in 3 transactions) to pay off his personal loan on his behalf. Now I am having big transaction of 250000 INR to some bank. What documents should I provide to support this? I have receipt from bank about paying off the loan.

- Dheeraj

TierOneAspirantMay
Newly Registered

Post by TierOneAspirantMay » Thu May 22, 2008 8:20 am

Hello all,

This sounds really alarming, i have gone thru the thread http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#168714.

I thought of getting amount from my brother and deposit in the saving account for 3 months and then apply.If this is the case what sort of document do i need to provide as an evidence that i received this fund from my brother ?

I hope this is a stupid requirement they are asking for. Under the documentary evidence section it is given that the personal bank statement should show "the receipt of funds along with regular withdrawals from the account, where appropriate.".

which according to my understanding is that the statement should show this transaction(which usally will be credited transaction by cheque/cash and the date)

If they want documentary proof even for how we got that much amount in our account they should have given in guidance notes what sort of document they need(sale deed,gift amount,...)

cgohil

Post by cgohil » Thu May 22, 2008 11:15 am

Hi,

I am also plainning to apply for PBS tier 1 in first week of June.

I also had transfer the amount from my one bank to another bank so that I can show the three month amount for one bank only.

In this case wat sort of document evidence we need to provide to them.

chirag

SS100
Newly Registered

Post by SS100 » Sun May 25, 2008 3:38 pm

Guys,

Grt to meet here! I'm in the process of doing all the groundwork before applying for Tier 1 Visa..

My status: Got enough know-how of the process on making application all by self, as initially I had decided to approach an external agency..This forum helped me avoid that.Planning to make application in 1st week of september.

Now, that I'm clear about docs and evidences on claiming points points for my AGE, QUALIFIACTION, ENGLISH RQMT,PREVIOS EARNINGS.only what disturbs me is that: Maintenance funds...Have asked my dad to deposit 2,50,000 INR to my A/C, as this has to be there is the A/C for 3 months period. How do I show the origin of this huge trx??? Affidavit or something.....I'm unclear on this point.....Pl help..

BR

K San
Newly Registered

Post by K San » Mon May 26, 2008 7:31 am

Please see below an excerpt from a topic:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=26793

Guys,

hold on ......I got a mail from Deputy High Commission chennai about this ..please go through the mail..

"Sir,

As a general rule each single applicant will be required to produce evidence that they have £2,800 at their disposal. This money should be immediately available in sterling in the UK or there should be formal authority to transfer it to the UK. The funds should be in the applicant's name or in a joint account with a married, unmarried or civil partner. If it is in a savings account, the funds must have been held for at least 3 months. Should the money be in a current account the account must have been active for at least 6 months and show regular salary or other income in line with the applicant's stated occupation. If the money is held in trust it must be at the applicant's disposal and not administered by others.
Applicants must provide documentary evidence detailing the source of any funds that have entered their account(s) within the last 3 months, for example fixed deposits, receipts and/or legal documents relating to the sale of assets.

This is a mandatory requirement and the chances of relaxation are very remote.

Yours faithfully
Casework Section
British Deputy High Commission, Chennai

Visa Services
UK Border Agency

could see lots of doubts regarding the gift money for maintenance funds :)
I could not get into a conclusion about what to do yet.

hsmpinuk once suggested to get a letter from father/brother who are gifting the money. The letter, by the way, should be notarised as well.
So, I am thinking of doing it the same way.

K

Ganeshji
Newly Registered

Applying from India

Post by Ganeshji » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:12 am

I have got my HSMP and I am planning to apply for my T1 (General) EC . I have deposited 3 Lakhs in my account and maintaining this for the past three months. Source of funds: Got from my father and partly from my friend. I am planning to take letter from them (with Notary) as evidence for source of income.

I'll mail the group once I have submitted my application and update the comments.

Thanks,
Ganesh.

taniaferoz
Newly Registered

Post by taniaferoz » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:02 am

please paste the link for funds maintainance @ UKBA
Last edited by taniaferoz on Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

vighneshsawant
Newly Registered

Post by vighneshsawant » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:15 pm

Hi,

I have a two bank accounts as

a) SBI bank account type - current account, newly started from 7th August 08. It is to be used for maintenance of funds for 3 months.

b) ICICI bank account type - saving account running for 2 years. It is to be used for showing salary credit.

However, as per BHC reply, it is mentioned that current account should be more than 6 months old and must show salary credits.

In this regard, can anybody please help me to sort out above issue. Will above two accounts can be acceptable to BHC?

Warm regards

Vighnesh

BHC reply is as mentioned below for reference

"Sir,

As a general rule each single applicant will be required to produce evidence that they have £2,800 at their disposal. This money should be immediately available in sterling in the UK or there should be formal authority to transfer it to the UK. The funds should be in the applicant's name or in a joint account with a married, unmarried or civil partner. If it is in a savings account, the funds must have been held for at least 3 months. Should the money be in a current account the account must have been active for at least 6 months and show regular salary or other income in line with the applicant's stated occupation. If the money is held in trust it must be at the applicant's disposal and not administered by others.
Applicants must provide documentary evidence detailing the source of any funds that have entered their account(s) within the last 3 months, for example fixed deposits, receipts and/or legal documents relating to the sale of assets.

Yours faithfully
Casework Section

Visa Services
UK Border Agency

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:32 pm

vighneshsawant wrote:In this regard, can anybody please help me to sort out above issue.
Why not start a new savings account ASAP to hold your maintenance funds and apply once the 3 month period is over?

If BHC has confirmed that a current account has to be 6 months old, you can't do anything about it.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:04 pm

a) SBI bank account type - current account, newly started from 7th August 08. It is to be used for maintenance of funds for 3 months.
In this regard, can anybody please help me to sort out above issue. Will above two accounts can be acceptable to BHC?
Why not ask SBI to convert the current account to savings account? (I dont know if it is possible though).

taniaferoz
Newly Registered

Post by taniaferoz » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:11 am

the homeoffice guidance says inorder to proove your previous earnings, you need to present two sources of documents from different soources.

they have suggested: 1. Bank statement & 2. Salary Slip.

In my case I work for a bank and my salary is credited in the staff account of the bank. hence my salary slip and bank statement will be from the same source.

I am a bit confused, please help!

thnks

rely

Post by rely » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:24 am

I called up VFS banglore to clarify folowing things;
1.Can I show GBP 2800+GBP1600 ( spouse) in my account, if she is accompanying me?
2.Can SHE show GBP 2800+GBP1600 ( spouse) in her account, if we are trraveling together?
3.Can I show GBP 2800 in my account and GBP1600 in her account if we are travelling together.

Reply from VFS for Q.1 & 3 is YES ,But for Q. 2 vfs says NO(after holdong for 5 minutes).

To me this thing is still not clear I explained him that APPENDIX A confirms my Query no.2, but he says that it depends from "region to region',he means to say that in Indian context things are different and advised to show GBP2800 in main applicants account and GBP1600
Can anyone throw light on it.I am reproducing APPENDIX A below:
rely

Appendix E - Maintenance (funds) for the family of Tier 1 (General) Migrants
A sufficient level of funds must be available to an applicant applying as the Partner or Child of a Tier 1 Migrant. A sufficient level of funds will only be available if the requirements below are met.
(a) Where the Tier 1 Migrant to whom the application is connected is outside the UK, or has been in the UK for a period of less than 12 months, there must be £1,600 in funds.
(b) Where the Tier 1 Migrant to whom the application is connected has been in the UK for a period of 12 months or more, there must be £533 in funds.
(c) Where the applicant is applying as the Partner of a Tier 1 Migrant, the relevant amount of funds must be available to either the applicant or the Tier 1 Migrant.
(d) Where the applicant is applying as the Child of a Tier 1 Migrant, the relevant amount of funds must be available to the applicant, the Tier 1 Migrant, or the applicant's other parent who is Lawfully present in the UK or being granted entry clearance, or leave to enter or remain, at the same time.
(e) Where the Tier 1 Migrant is applying for entry clearance or leave to remain at the same time as the applicant, the amount of funds available to the applicant must be in addition to the level of funds required separately of the Tier 1 Migrant.
(ea) In all cases, the funds in question must be available to:
(i) the applicant, or
(ii) where he is applying as the partner of a Tier 1 Migrant, either to him or to that Tier 1 Migrant, or
(iii) where he is applying as the child of a Tier 1 Migrant, either to him, to the Tier 1 Migrant or to the child's other parent who is Lawfully present in the UK or being granted entry clearance, or leave to enter or remain, at the same time at the date of the application and must have been available to that person for a period of time set out in the guidance specifying the specified documents for the purposes of Appendix E.
(f) The applicant must provide the specified documents.

vighneshsawant wrote:Hi,

b) ICICI bank account type - saving account running for 2 years. It is to be used for showing salary credit.

However, as per BHC reply, it is mentioned that current account should be more than 6 months old and must show salary credits.

Warm regards

Vighnesh

"Sir,

Yours faithfully
Casework Section

Visa Services
UK Border Agency

AANWAR

Post by AANWAR » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:37 am

Why not start a new savings account ASAP to hold your maintenance funds and apply once the 3 month period is over?
Why can't he use his existing ICICI Bank's saving account (where his salary is being credited) to show the maintenance funds ? Is it really necessary to open a new account for the maintenance fund ?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:30 pm

AANWAR wrote:
Why can't he use his existing ICICI Bank's saving account (where his salary is being credited) to show the maintenance funds ? Is it really necessary to open a new account for the maintenance fund ?
Though you read my answer, it seems your forgot to read the post that I had replied to. If you read it carefully and you'll know why.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

rely

Post by rely » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:25 am

Any one please, would like to comment on it.

rely

rely wrote:I called up VFS banglore to clarify folowing things;
1.Can I show GBP 2800+GBP1600 ( spouse) in my account, if she is accompanying me?
2.Can SHE show GBP 2800+GBP1600 ( spouse) in her account, if we are trraveling together?
3.Can I show GBP 2800 in my account and GBP1600 in her account if we are travelling together.

Reply from VFS for Q.1 & 3 is YES ,But for Q. 2 vfs says NO(after holdong for 5 minutes).

To me this thing is still not clear I explained him that APPENDIX A confirms my Query no.2, but he says that it depends from "region to region',he means to say that in Indian context things are different and advised to show GBP2800 in main applicants account and GBP1600
Can anyone throw light on it.I am reproducing APPENDIX A below:
rely

Appendix E - Maintenance (funds) for the family of Tier 1 (General) Migrants
A sufficient level of funds must be available to an applicant applying as the Partner or Child of a Tier 1 Migrant. A sufficient level of funds will only be available if the requirements below are met.
(a) Where the Tier 1 Migrant to whom the application is connected is outside the UK, or has been in the UK for a period of less than 12 months, there must be £1,600 in funds.
(b) Where the Tier 1 Migrant to whom the application is connected has been in the UK for a period of 12 months or more, there must be £533 in funds.
(c) Where the applicant is applying as the Partner of a Tier 1 Migrant, the relevant amount of funds must be available to either the applicant or the Tier 1 Migrant.
(d) Where the applicant is applying as the Child of a Tier 1 Migrant, the relevant amount of funds must be available to the applicant, the Tier 1 Migrant, or the applicant's other parent who is Lawfully present in the UK or being granted entry clearance, or leave to enter or remain, at the same time.
(e) Where the Tier 1 Migrant is applying for entry clearance or leave to remain at the same time as the applicant, the amount of funds available to the applicant must be in addition to the level of funds required separately of the Tier 1 Migrant.
(ea) In all cases, the funds in question must be available to:
(i) the applicant, or
(ii) where he is applying as the partner of a Tier 1 Migrant, either to him or to that Tier 1 Migrant, or
(iii) where he is applying as the child of a Tier 1 Migrant, either to him, to the Tier 1 Migrant or to the child's other parent who is Lawfully present in the UK or being granted entry clearance, or leave to enter or remain, at the same time at the date of the application and must have been available to that person for a period of time set out in the guidance specifying the specified documents for the purposes of Appendix E.
(f) The applicant must provide the specified documents.

vighneshsawant wrote:Hi,

Warm regards

Vighnesh

"Sir,

Yours faithfully
Casework Section

Visa Services
UK Border Agency