ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Humanitarian leave to remain questions!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Evo14
Newly Registered
Algeria

Humanitarian leave to remain questions!

Post by Evo14 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:50 pm

Hi all, hope you're all well

Badly need some answers if anyone can help.

My refugees status was refused years ago, then i applied for Subsidiary Protection and got refused also, then last appeal got refused.

Iv been given Section 49 form to apply for humanitarian leave to remain, but only gave me 5 days to send it back with relevant information and documentation. Its kinda hard to get character references from people in 5days in Pandemic!

Will i explain this in writing to them or they should understand automatically?

Im also waiting for answer from my Eu treaty application. Genuine long relationship and marriage and have irish child.

My solicitor is been useless! Any info that would be appreciated.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Humanitarian leave to remain questions!

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:22 pm

Claiming asylum from Algeria won't get you too far most of the time. The last case I have seen working, it was back in the early 2000. They had a civil war in the nineties and many people fled the country back then. Today, it's considered generally safe even if the new regime has tendency to arrest journalists from time to time and hand them severe prison terms.

I am more interested by this. What's the status of your partner? Is she Irish? Are you married?
Genuine long relationship and marriage and have irish child.

Fanikhan15
Ireland

Post by Fanikhan15 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:37 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:22 pm
Claiming asylum from Algeria won't get you too far most of the time. The last case I have seen working, it was back in the early 2000. They had a civil war in the nineties and many people fled the country back then. Today, it's considered generally safe even if the new regime has tendency to arrest journalists from time to time and hand them severe prison terms.

I am more interested by this. What's the status of your partner? Is she Irish? Are you married?
Genuine long relationship and marriage and have irish child.
https://www.immigrationboards.com/irela ... 98289.html

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:22 pm

@Fanikhan15 Thank you!

Did you get your passport OP? In December you were talking about a passport. Is this still current?

Evo14
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Evo14 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:14 am

Yes, finally i got new passport in time.

Anyone have any info about Leave to remain application turnaround time?