ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation via spouse route.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation via spouse route.

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:56 am

jasmine89 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:39 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:19 am
jasmine89 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:13 pm
Can some please guide me on the referee process.
Do i need to print the from before i start the application? What information do i need from the referees?
I think you are not to ask them, they get the form and fill it in themselves. That is how it works normally.

When i go on the naturalisation application page online it says before you start you need two referees so i am asking what information from the referees will i have to out in the actual application not the referee form. The referee form will be filled by the referees
Name, address, passport number, date of birth, profession, how long they have known you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:37 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:56 am
jasmine89 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:39 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:19 am
jasmine89 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:13 pm
Can some please guide me on the referee process.
Do i need to print the from before i start the application? What information do i need from the referees?
I think you are not to ask them, they get the form and fill it in themselves. That is how it works normally.

When i go on the naturalisation application page online it says before you start you need two referees so i am asking what information from the referees will i have to out in the actual application not the referee form. The referee form will be filled by the referees
Name, address, passport number, date of birth, profession, how long they have known you.
Thank you so much for all your guidance. we have submitted the application. i have made one tiny error and now i am freaking out. when giving details about previous applications. for the ilr app we entered all the details correctly like the submission date biometrics date etc. but in the application reference which is optional instead of Unique application number i put the payment reference from the email that we got when we paid for the application. should i write a covering letter?

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:40 am

Also my husband had a job back in 2010 when he was a student. It was a part time job. We checked hmrc record an could only find tax record from 2015. He did not remember the dates at all so we have not added that to the job list. Will that be an issue :o

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:41 pm

I am desperate for some guidance as we have not gone through the biometrics process yet and can still upload the documents. I will really appreciate it if you can please guide me on what do to with the above

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:04 pm

Can someone please help me :( sorry for bumping

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:57 pm

jasmine89 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:40 am
He did not remember the dates at all so we have not added that to the job list. Will that be an issue :o
Check your old bank statements or speak to same organisation.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:16 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:57 pm
jasmine89 wrote:
He did not remember the dates at all so we have not added that to the job list. Will that be an issue :o
Just checked and the job was More than 10 years ago.

i have made one tiny error and now i am freaking out. when giving details about previous applications. for the ilr app we entered all the details correctly like the submission date biometrics date etc. but in the application reference which is optional instead of Unique application number i put the payment reference from the email that we got when we paid for the application. should i write a covering letter?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:29 am

jasmine89 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:16 pm
seagul wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:57 pm
jasmine89 wrote:
Just checked and the job was More than 10 years ago.

i have made one tiny error and now i am freaking out. when giving details about previous applications. for the ilr app we entered all the details correctly like the submission date biometrics date etc. but in the application reference which is optional instead of Unique application number i put the payment reference from the email that we got when we paid for the application. should i write a covering letter? Do explain/clarify it well when done.

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:44 am

Will it matter? The payment reference is still related to the application but it is the ukvi payment reference that you get in the payment email once you have submitted the application.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:52 am

jasmine89 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:44 am
Will it matter? The payment reference is still related to the application but it is the ukvi payment reference that you get in the payment email once you have submitted the application.
Despite what you wrote, that is why each is given its name.

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:31 pm

Thank you so much for the advice. We will write a covering letter and upload it to spora steria. Good thing i havent presses submit on the documents. Phew

jasmine89

Application reference number

Post by jasmine89 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:41 pm

I was just check that email and it says:

This email confirms the amount paid and the application's reference number. We cannot provide an invoice, but this email provides confirmation that we have received your payment and the application has been submitted.

And as the Application asks for reference number and not the Unique Application Number. I am guessing the one that i mentioned from the email should be fine as that can also be used to track the application but any feedback will be greatly appreciated before i submit the documents.

jasmine89

IDV APP

Post by jasmine89 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:24 pm

Hi all,

first of all a massive thank you to everyone for their guidance. We have submitted the application via IDV app today. I just wanted to know if UKVACS will send us a confirmation email? only email i got was the account accessed email. i thought they would send an email confirming that the application is now submitted :s . should i give them a call.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IDV APP

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:42 pm

I just wanted to know if UKVACS will send us a confirmation email?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:10 am

Hi All, i submitted docs via IDV o the 7th but have not heard anything yet. I have seen a member post where he waited 3 weeks after IDV submission and when didnt hear also booked appointment and got the decisions next day. Can you do that?