ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application Query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

surabhi

Naturalisation application Query

Post by surabhi » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:40 am

Hi,
I am BC and my partner has got ILR through SETM application after 5 year stay.

Question- can my partner apply for naturalisation without waiting for 12 months after ILR?

Thanks
Surabhi.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation application Query

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:48 am

Your partner can apply now provided they meet all the requirements to apply based on 3 years residence, ie absence limits and physical presence in the UK 3 years ago.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

surabhi

Post by surabhi » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:56 am

Thank you

surabhi

Post by surabhi » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:14 am

Hi,
I may have one more query.
I become BC thru ILR+naturalisation .
Does my children now qualify for a passport without naturalisation, since I am BC and they have ILR? Another point is children were born before I get my ILR and birth was outside UK.

Or the only option for my children is, apply for naturalisation, then apply for passport?

Thanks
Surabhi

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:20 am

Does my children now qualify for a passport without naturalisation, since I am BC and they have ILR?

No. Only a British citizen can apply for a British passport. Your children are NOT British.
Another point is children were born before I get my ILR and birth was outside UK.
There is NO shortcut option. They don't suddenly become eligible for a British passport simply because you became British after they were born. Your citizenship does not extend to them retrospectively. It doesn't work like that.
Or the only option for my children is, apply for naturalisation, then apply for passport?
Yes. Note children are REGISTERED. Only adults are naturalised.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

surabhi

Post by surabhi » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:37 am

Thank you for the clarifications..

surabhi

Post by surabhi » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:02 am

Hi,
from the above replies, I understand that spouse of a BC can apply for BC immideatly they got their ILR,without waiting for 12 months.

Does this is applicable for registration of a child of a BC,who has ILR now and born outside UK? Or they have to wait for 12 months? It was not clear in the MN1 guidance.

thanks
Surabhi

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:25 am

Same applies for children.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

surabhi

Post by surabhi » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:07 am

Thank you.
Just started filling the online application AN and came across the query ' when did you first arrived in UK;
Question--.Is this the date on which you arrived using the visa, using which you applied for ILR?

--Or is it any visa(other than a visiting), using which you first arrived? irrepective of whether you used that for ILR or not?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:49 am

surabhi wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:07 am
Thank you.
Just started filling the online application AN and came across the query ' when did you first arrived in UK;
Question--.Is this the date on which you arrived using the visa, using which you applied for ILR?

--Or is it any visa(other than a visiting), using which you first arrived? irrepective of whether you used that for ILR or not?
It is the date when you first arrived with the intention of a long stay not a visitor. For example: student,work etc
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

surabhi

Post by surabhi » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:32 pm

Thank You

surabhi

Post by surabhi » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:07 pm

Hi,
Just trying to know whether the online Naturalisation application is
a)JCAP?
b)If I am using online form, do I have to again go thru NCS, if I want to keep all documents with me?

Thanks
Surabhi.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:10 pm

surabhi wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:07 pm
Hi,
Just trying to know whether the online Naturalisation application is
a)JCAP?
b)If I am using online form, do I have to again go thru NCS, if I want to keep all documents with me?

Thanks
Surabhi.
No.

Now the steps are:
1) Apply online via UKVI
2) Create an account on UKVCAS
3) Book an appointment and upload all scan documents via UKVCAS
4) Attend UKVCAS biometrics appointment. All originals are returned after verification. Now, no originals are sent to UKVI.

PS you apply for a British Passport separately after you become British.

UKVCAS appointments are opening up in phases and some applicants are chosen for biometrics reuse so you do not have to attend a Service point in that case. Follow:

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

surabhi

Post by surabhi » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:15 pm

Thank You...

surabhi

Post by surabhi » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:57 am

Any one knows, these days how long it will take to get an email from UKVCAS asking the applicant to go book an appointment for naturalisation?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:13 am

surabhi wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:57 am
Any one knows, these days how long it will take to get an email from UKVCAS asking the applicant to go book an appointment for naturalisation?
This can not be predicted, the UKVCAS opening up in phases. Also, some applicants are receiving mails of reuse of details already held by HO.
For the naturalisation, you will keep checking to get an opening/available appointment.