ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ilr_applicant_2020
Newly Registered
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by ilr_applicant_2020 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:14 am

Nilang wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:20 pm
I did biometric today after Opt out for IDV. Do we get any email after submission of biometric from the UKVCAs??
Thank you
No, email isn't sent after biometrics. If one opts for the sms service then I've read in a post that an SMS is sent stating that application submitted to UKVI.

Shaaz2029

Post by Shaaz2029 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:55 am

zzzindagi wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:41 pm
Some body applied on 6th June received IDV invitation today.
Applied 1st June and still waiting for IDV app invitation? 6th June applicant is very lucky if he got the invitation already.

alyo
Zambia

Post by alyo » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:37 am

Hi guys

I received and email to book an appointment.

What documents shall i upload?

What documents shall take with me?

Thank tou

zamanam

Post by zamanam » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:53 am

[quote=iamawonder post_id=1927917 time=1598390216 user_id=237580]
[quote=zamanam post_id=1927910 time=1598389750 user_id=14802]
[quote=SIyer post_id=1927854 time=1598383870 user_id=235172]
Don’t know what order they’re following because I applied on the 23rd of April and still nothing!
[/quote]

We applied on 22nd April but nothing so don't understand why
[/quote]

I guess you may have tried already but if not, please try logging in to the app. Emails are sometimes jittery and don't always show up. Also, don't forget to check junk folder. Also, check for appointments on UKVCAS as IDV app and regular appointments both open simultaneously.
[/quote]

Yes thank you we have done all this still no joy!

Thanks

SIyer
India

Post by SIyer » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:52 am

I’ve seen applicants from mid April still waiting on Facebook groups. An applicant from April 1st received his invite yesterday so I guess we’ll Just have to wait and hope we get it this week.

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Post by VikasMandal » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:18 am

ILRGB wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:15 pm
gc362952246 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:11 pm
ILRGB wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:37 pm
Dear ILR applicants

Any idea which company is delivering the ILR BRP cards? I want to follow-up to track my progresss. Last tome I got via DX.

But when I checked with DX today hey said they do not deliver BRP cards these days. Any one can help please?
Fedex / TNT
I am also waiting since last friday. But there is no way to track without a tracking number no?
fair point, any idea if thos you have received the decision email will be sent a tracking code for BRP?
There is an email sent out by UKVI few days after the decision email that includes the TNT/Fedx tracking code
Also, if you call TNT, and give your registered address and name they will inform you about the details/tracking without tracking code.
I am bit impatient so i called TNT directly 😅

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:58 am

SIyer wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:52 am
I’ve seen applicants from mid April still waiting on Facebook groups. An applicant from April 1st received his invite yesterday so I guess we’ll Just have to wait and hope we get it this week.
which SET you have applied for? Different SETs might be progressing at different rates.

nsm2010

Post by nsm2010 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:14 am

I have also applied Set O on July 3rd through solicitors and still awaiting any correspondence for biometrics. I have no Idea whether my application is been considered submitted, though I have received confirmation as well as payment has been through.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:16 am

iamawonder wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:58 am
SIyer wrote:
which SET you have applied for? Different SETs might be progressing at different rates.
The user has applied on SET O from tier 2. It is useful to search a users posts rather than asking for repeated information to be posted
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:14 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:16 am
iamawonder wrote:
SIyer wrote:
The user has applied on SET O from tier 2. It is useful to search a users posts rather than asking for repeated information to be posted
Thanks for the tip @CR001. We would have half the pages on this thread if there was no repeated information asked and shared !!

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:18 am

2 August applicants reported on SET (O) timeline that they have received invitation to book an appointment yesterday. Wow. this is really great news.

Paddington
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Paddington » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:20 am

GondalUK wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:52 pm
ccs123 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:23 pm
Hi All,

I applied for ILR on 15th July and today (29/07/2020) I received the below email. Just wondering if anyone got or sees this kind of email before.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.
We apologise for the inconvenience, however, due to the worldwide response to COVID-19, UKVI services are currently limited and we are not able to meet our usual service standards.

Although we would normally decide your application within eight weeks from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this is not going to be possible in your case.

As global travel and public health restrictions begin to lift following coronavirus, Visa Application Centres (VACs) and UK Visa and Citizenship Application Centres (UKVCAS) are resuming services where local restrictions allow, it is safe, and both customers and staff are protected.

In order to provide services for our most vulnerable customers, Support Service Centres (SSCs) reopened a limited service from 20 April and UKVCAS commenced a wider phased resumption of services from 1 June 2020. However, given the impact across our whole network, this process will take time and not all UKVI services are going to be available immediately, or at full capacity.

Whilst UKVI has started to reopen some of its locations and services, this is not a full resumption of services. We will continue to take a steady and phased approach to ensure services can be delivered safely and effectively. Our priority is the safety of our customers and staff, to ensure we can deliver an effective service that meets public health guidelines.

As your application was submitted prior to your current grant of leave expiring, your current status within the United Kingdom has been extended by section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971. You do not need to do anything else at this stage and do not need to be concerned about your immigration status.

If you have applied to switch your status in respect of your employment or studies then please refer to the guidance on Gov.UK https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents as you should be permitted to commence work / study prior to your application being decided, should you meet the conditions set out in the guidance.

We apologise for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured we will do all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible.

We appreciate your patience at this time.
I also applied on 15th July and received similar email on 28th July, a day before you. It looks like a similar pattern, there is a possibility that case worker checked your case after mine and send the email but not sure if this is generic email or sent to people where they need to conduct further checks. My email was almost same but there was just small difference:

Your email states: "Although we would normally decide your application within eight weeks from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this is not going to be possible in your case."

My email states: "Although we would normally decide your application within six months from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this may not be possible in your case."

Strange that they mention 8 weeks in your email and 6 months in the email I got, may be mistake in selecting email template. Who sent you this email, it was case worker or some general email like "WandSContingencyCaseworkDocumentReturn@homeoffice.gov.uk"?

My email was sent by case worker, there was email signature with case worker name. If you want to see exact text of email see below my post:

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1918043
I got my email from a case worker too but with different wordings:

Instead of confirming the application was made in time, my email reads:

If your application was submitted prior to your current leave expiring, if the Home Office has not made a decision by this date your immigration status within the United Kingdom will be protected by statutorily extended leave under the provision of section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971. If your application is unsuccessful and you submit an admin review, you will be further protected by section 3C until a decision has been made on the admin review. You do not need to do anything else at this stage and do not need to be concerned about your immigration status.
Further information about Section 3C leave can be found at the following link:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... %20applies

The unsuccessful clause fills me with dread!

RoomOnTheBroom
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by RoomOnTheBroom » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:20 am

For the August applicants:

My partner and son who applied on 03/08 have received an invitation to book biometric appointment yesterday before midnight. Both had biometrics taken three years ago, so I guess children are not eligible for reuse for this period. I have applied separately from them and still waiting for a letter so I guess I will be invited to use the app. A bit worried whether they will know that we are a family (if I understood correctly, we need to both get ILR in order for my child to be granted one?)
We are both uncomplicated SET(O) application.
I hope this info helps someone, certainly didn’t expect the process to be so complicated myself but here I am!

SIyer
India

Post by SIyer » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:29 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:16 am
iamawonder wrote:
SIyer wrote:
Thanks CR001. I should’ve opted out while I had the chance. No choice now but to wait. The frustration just keeps mounting!

nash4elovek
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nash4elovek » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:31 am

RoomOnTheBroom wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:20 am
For the August applicants:

My partner and son who applied on 03/08 have received an invitation to book biometric appointment yesterday before midnight. Both had biometrics taken three years ago, so I guess children are not eligible for reuse for this period. I have applied separately from them and still waiting for a letter so I guess I will be invited to use the app. A bit worried whether they will know that we are a family (if I understood correctly, we need to both get ILR in order for my child to be granted one?)
We are both uncomplicated SET(O) application.
I hope this info helps someone, certainly didn’t expect the process to be so complicated myself but here I am!
Thanks, very happy to see some August applicants getting appointments!

I wonder if August re-use applicants will be given the opportunity to opt out and whether it will allow to book an appointment prior to 8-14 September (IDV timeline for August).
If anyone receives a IDV email from UKVCAS, can they please share what are the options / opt out deadline?

jamd12
United Kingdom

Post by jamd12 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:59 am

navkant wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:09 pm
atto123 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:21 pm
Zhukman wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:53 am
iamawonder wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:12 pm

I dont see solicitor using the same email as an issue, this is what they do even other wise in regular days as well. On any given day they file 10-15 applications with same email id, if it is not an issue then how is it an issue now ?
Any luck, getting an invite to book bio?
no luck in booking via solicitor either. applied 29th of July. and now I see august are receiving invites?

Billydkid
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Billydkid » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:17 am

Applied on 29th july Set (O) and to date no update. This is very frustrating because there is no pattern at at all. There is no communication whatsoever since the application was submitted and People who applied in August are getting email for bio metrics. Agony! with every single passing day....

Billydkid
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Billydkid » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:27 am

nsm2010 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:14 am
I have also applied Set O on July 3rd through solicitors and still awaiting any correspondence for biometrics. I have no Idea whether my application is been considered submitted, though I have received confirmation as well as payment has been through.
Looks like people who applied through solicitors are in real problem here. Myself and many other members here who applied via solicitors are all having same issue. And the worst part is if you ask your solicitor about this they get offended and give you the same answer. But this doesn't look normal at all. Did Your solicitor managed to upload your docs? In my case solicitor told me at the point of submission they were not able to upload documents because UKVI has suspended their services. I applied on 29th July Set (O).

razzmatazz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by razzmatazz » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:45 am

Applied for SET(M) on the 28th of April by myself (no solicitors).

Received IDV app eligibility email on the 1st of August and didn’t opt-out.

I still haven’t received my IDV invitation and I see people who applied in June have already received it? Also August applicants started to book appointments last night.

Anyone else in a similar situation? It’s extremely frustrating to see later applicants moving on the line whilst people who applied earlier in the year seem to have been left behind by UKVCAS.

Pat01
Newly Registered
Papua New Guinea

Post by Pat01 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:04 am

I applied for SET (M) and also registered with UKVCAS on 1st May.

I received the subsequent UKVCAS emails about the re-use of biometrics and then about the option of using the IDV app. I have already uploaded the required supporting evidence/documentation to the UKVCAS account and submitted it. But I have not yet received the invitation to use the IDV app. to complete the biometrics either.
Last edited by Pat01 on Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

kart678
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by kart678 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:04 am

Hello All,

I am new to this forum but I found it as very useful

Just a quick question. Has anyone submitted photos through IDV app and received a decision from UKVI?

It looks like UKVI is sending an approval letter only to those opted out from IDV app. The system is so slow and I am one of the applicants applied on 28th March and still waiting for the decision.

Anyone in the same boat as I have submitted all the documents via IDV app last week (19/08/2020)

Looking forward to hearing from you.

IDV app has to speed up the process instead it looks rubbish

razzmatazz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by razzmatazz » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:11 am

Pat01 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:04 am
I applied for SET (M) and also registered with UKVCAS on 1st May.

I received the subsequent UKVCAS emails about the re-use of biometrics and then about the option of using the IDV app. I have already uploaded the required supporting evidence/documentation to the UKVCAS account and submitted it. But I have not yet received the invitation to use the IDV app. to complete the biometrics either.
Thanks for sharing! I suspect that UKVCAS is prioritising SET (O) and Tier 2 applications as it seems that these applications are the ones mainly being invited to use the app thus far.

JS123
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by JS123 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:16 am

kart678 wrote:
Hello All,

Just a quick question. Has anyone submitted photos through IDV app and received a decision from UKVI?

It looks like UKVI is sending an approval letter only to those opted out from IDV app. The system is so slow and I am one of the applicants applied on 28th March and still waiting for the decision.

Anyone in the same boat as I have submitted all the documents via IDV app last week (19/08/2020)

Exactly the same for me. Applied 28 March, submitted biometrics on the app on 19 August. Waiting for a decision as well...

stonelove
India

Post by stonelove » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:19 am

Billydkid wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:27 am
nsm2010 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:14 am
Looks like people who applied through solicitors are in real problem here. Myself and many other members here who applied via solicitors are all having same issue. And the worst part is if you ask your solicitor about this they get offended and give you the same answer. But this doesn't look normal at all. Did Your solicitor managed to upload your docs? In my case solicitor told me at the point of submission they were not able to upload documents because UKVI has suspended their services. I applied on 29th July Set (O).
Guys I applied through a solicitor and my application was submitted 28/05/2020 I was having same issues like you are having, with no correspondence and I was chasing all the time, like if I have received the OPT out email no response from her, then like magic she emailed last week that she has booked an appointment for me to enroll my biometrics which I did on the 21/08/2020 for a SET(M) application.
What I have learnt with solicitors is you have to be proactive and email them for updates.
• Call UKVACS (and it has cost me lots of £££££) to ask if you are able to book appointments if it is open up for you then contact your lawyer and say you have been told you are able to book and appointment and so they should do so.
• I also think they might have used the same email address for multiple applicants and this is causing real problems.
I know you might be at your wits end do not give up we are a small community here and will share information and help where ever we can let’s keep our spirits up there is more to life.

kart678
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by kart678 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:23 am

JS123 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:16 am
kart678 wrote:
Hello All,

Exactly the same for me. Applied 28 March, submitted biometrics on the app on 19 August. Waiting for a decision as well...
Frustrating basically. It seems IDV app is not fully integrated into their system yet. UKVCAS is just passing the risk to UKVI