ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by iamawonder » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:25 am

kart678 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:23 am
JS123 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:16 am
kart678 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:04 am
Hello All,

I am new to this forum but I found it as very useful

Just a quick question. Has anyone submitted photos through IDV app and received a decision from UKVI?

It looks like UKVI is sending an approval letter only to those opted out from IDV app. The system is so slow and I am one of the applicants applied on 28th March and still waiting for the decision.

Anyone in the same boat as I have submitted all the documents via IDV app last week (19/08/2020)

Looking forward to hearing from you.

IDV app has to speed up the process instead it looks rubbish
Exactly the same for me. Applied 28 March, submitted biometrics on the app on 19 August. Waiting for a decision as well...
Frustrating basically. It seems IDV app is not fully integrated into their system. UKVCAS is just passing the risk to UKVI
It's too early to raise the alarm bells though. Applications have been taking from 1 day to even 10 days if you see the timeline thread. If none of the IDV users receive decision in 10 days then we can suspect a problem.

kart678
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by kart678 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:35 am

iamawonder wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:25 am
kart678 wrote:
JS123 wrote:
kart678 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:04 am
Hello All,

I am new to this forum but I found it as very useful

Just a quick question. Has anyone submitted photos through IDV app and received a decision from UKVI?

It looks like UKVI is sending an approval letter only to those opted out from IDV app. The system is so slow and I am one of the applicants applied on 28th March and still waiting for the decision.

Anyone in the same boat as I have submitted all the documents via IDV app last week (19/08/2020)

Looking forward to hearing from you.

IDV app has to speed up the process instead it looks rubbish
Exactly the same for me. Applied 28 March, submitted biometrics on the app on 19 August. Waiting for a decision as well...
Frustrating basically. It seems IDV app is not fully integrated into their system. UKVCAS is just passing the risk to UKVI

It's too early to raise the alarm bells though. Applications have been taking from 1 day to even 10 days if you see the timeline thread. If none of the IDV users receive decision in 10 days then we can suspect a problem.
It is going to be 10 days since the app was introduced Mate. It looks no one received the decision yet, including me

Asterik123
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by Asterik123 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:38 am

berege wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:25 pm
Asterik123 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:25 pm
Hi all, I’ve followed this thread for quite some time. While it’s heartening to see many applicants being invited to book an appointment (via the opt out route), afraid it’s cricket silence on my end apart from caseworker requesting for documents sometime in June. :(

I’m a June applicant, straightforward application, set(o), opted out on 3rd August before the 7th August deadline. Applied via solicitor, account was set up using my email, documents submitted to caseworker and also uploaded onto ukvcas website.

Anyone in the same situation?

Tried calling ukvcas on 0330 123 1199 and on their premium number 0900 165 6600 (hung on to it for 15 min with no soul in sight..) to no avail.

While I appreciate there’s a huge number of applicants and backlog involved, I’m worried that my applications might have been lost / not processed.
Hi Asterik123,

We're on the same boat. applied for Set (O) via solicitor on June 12th, opted out on Aug 7th. Still haven't been able to book an appointment.

my company works with a solicitor and my colleague, who applied in June and got the opt-out around similar time but 2 days earlier than me, was able to get her appointment. My solicitor is also her solicitor, although different people handle our cases but still the same firm.

It looks like we have to wait...
Hey, okay..seems like that's all we have to do. Managed to get through to UKVCAS yesterday after a 2 hour 40 min wait...the person just kept saying that they are sorry and it's a waiting game. Hope we will be invited to a face to face appointment soon. Please keep me updated if you get your invitation?

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:48 am

moonpie77 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:44 pm
GondalUK wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:51 pm
Is there anyone who enrolled biometrics on or before 17th August and still waiting for the decision?

I noticed from the timeline thread that people who enrolled on 19th Aug, 22nd Aug started getting the decisions but I am still waiting even through my biometrics date was 17th Aug. Just trying to get idea if this is me only who is waiting or there are other people as well who enrolled biometric on or before 17th Aug and waiting for the decision?
15th August and waiting :| (Self + 2 dependents)
According to recent timeline, one person reported to have a decision 21 days after enrolling bio-metrics. So it may take more time as well for some cases. See below.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1924746

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:49 am

kart678 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:35 am
iamawonder wrote:
kart678 wrote:
JS123 wrote:

It is going to be 10 days since the app was introduced Mate. It looks no one received the decision yet, including me
but then there is no one who reported receiving the invite on 17/8 on THIS forum. Earliest date that was reported was 19/8. So, we can't assume that people who applied on 17/8 haven't got the decisions yet. And 10 days is not a guaranteed timing. It's what we are observing for most people.

kart678
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by kart678 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:56 am

iamawonder wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:49 am
kart678 wrote:
iamawonder wrote:
kart678 wrote:

but then there is no one who reported receiving the invite on 17/8 on THIS forum. Earliest date that was reported was 19/8. So, we can't assume that people who applied on 17/8 haven't got the decisions yet. And 10 days is not a guaranteed timing. It's what we are observing for most people.
Thanks Mate. Is that 10 days observing rule applicable only to IDV app users?

Statistics suggest that opted out group got a decision just in a day as a minimum and within 5 days window as Max. Only a minority of people are still waiting. It is my observation

Moreover, in general the waiting is too long for us overall (comparitively) as we have applied in March. I hope you understand our situation

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:26 pm

kart678 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:56 am
iamawonder wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:49 am
kart678 wrote:
iamawonder wrote:

Thanks Mate. Is that 10 days observing rule applicable only to IDV app users?

Statistics suggest that opted out group got a decision just in a day as a minimum and within 5 days window as Max. Only a minority of people are still waiting. It is my observation

Moreover, in general the waiting is too long for us overall (comparitively) as we have applied in March. I hope you understand our situation
Definitely a wrong move by UKVCAS to make March/April/May applicants to wait for the app when it was nowhere close to the launch. That's very very unfair. All applicants upto May should have been cleared using biometric appointments before jumping onto June/July and now even August.

teeewai
Newly Registered

Post by teeewai » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:52 pm

Hi, Has anyone who applied in August received an invite for Biometrics?

I applied on Aug 1 and haven't received any correspondence though ukvcas flash message indicated they are sending out email to applicants between 1-14th August

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:52 pm

teeewai wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:52 pm
Hi, Has anyone who applied in August received an invite for Biometrics?

I applied on Aug 1 and haven't received any correspondence though ukvcas flash message indicated they are sending out email to applicants between 1-14th August
please follow timeline thread
https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... -1240.html

har_p3

Post by har_p3 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:54 pm

This could not get more frustrating...we a family of 3 applied for ILR (LR) on the 10th and 11th May respectively. The one on 11th got an IDV app usage invite yesterday...but not the ones on 10th May! Called up UKVCAS IDV helpline and they are clueless...they say its UKVI who decides who should be invited...I wish these organisations have some transparency in their ways of working. This whole experience so far has been so frustrating that we can't wait for this to be over and never even think about it!

Has anyone else had the same experience of selectively being invited from the same family?

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:06 pm

har_p3 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:54 pm
This could not get more frustrating...we a family of 3 applied for ILR (LR) on the 10th and 11th May respectively. The one on 11th got an IDV app usage invite yesterday...but not the ones on 10th May! Called up UKVCAS IDV helpline and they are clueless...they say its UKVI who decides who should be invited...I wish these organisations have some transparency in their ways of working. This whole experience so far has been so frustrating that we can't wait for this to be over and never even think about it!

Has anyone else had the same experience of selectively being invited from the same family?
Definitely not a strict date order. Lot of people from April are also still waiting. Not sure what is going on and who designed their system? Probably they themselves wouldn't know what the hell is going on!

Sez30
United Kingdom

Post by Sez30 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:23 pm

Reading the UKVCAS message

Our plan is to email eligible IDV customers inviting them to use the IDV app:

By 7 September 2020 for IDV customers who have registered with UKVI and UKVCAS up to 31 July 2020

By 14 September 2020 for IDV customers who registered with UKVI and UKVCAS in August 2020

But then in the next breath....

For those of you who applied between 1 – 14 August 2020, we will be sending you an email to outline next steps. This will let you know if you are eligible to use the IDV app or whether you need to book a UKVCAS appointment.

Watch out for an email called; ‘UKVCAS - book an appointment now’ by 27 August 2020

If you are eligible for the IDV app, the email will be called; ‘Introducing the UKVCAS IDV app’ and will have instructions for next steps and will arrive by 30 August 2020.

Isn’t the introducing the UKVCAS IDV app email given you permission to log in? - as per other people’s information.0

Very confused... I know people from April are still outstanding.. I may have read this completely wrong?

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:33 pm

Sez30 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:23 pm

By 7 September 2020 for IDV customers who have registered with UKVI and UKVCAS up to 31 July 2020

By 14 September 2020 for IDV customers who registered with UKVI and UKVCAS in August 2020

For those of you who applied between 1 – 14 August 2020, we will be sending you an email to outline next steps. This will let you know if you are eligible to use the IDV app or whether you need to book a UKVCAS appointment.

Watch out for an email called; ‘UKVCAS - book an appointment now’ by 27 August 2020

If you are eligible for the IDV app, the email will be called; ‘Introducing the UKVCAS IDV app’ and will have instructions for next steps and will arrive by 30 August 2020.

Isn’t the introducing the UKVCAS IDV app email given you permission to log in? - as per other people’s information.0

Very confused... I know people from April are still outstanding.. I may have read this completely wrong?
If there are no disgruntled souls by 14 Sep, then we can forgive UKVCAS :lol: But history tells us that's not gonna happen !

Sez30
United Kingdom

Post by Sez30 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:40 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:33 pm
Sez30 wrote:

If there are no disgruntled souls by 14 Sep, then we can forgive UKVCAS :lol: But history tells us that's not gonna happen !
Have I read the second part correctly that they will be inviting August applicants to use the app by the 30th?
I know we are June, and there are people that have been waiting longer, but feeling a bit mind blown!

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:42 pm

Sez30 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:40 pm
iamawonder wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:33 pm
Sez30 wrote:

Have I read the second part correctly that they will be inviting August applicants to use the app by the 30th?
I know we are June, and there are people that have been waiting longer, but feeling a bit mind blown!
No, that means you will be informed that you are eligible for biometric reuse by 30th. Actual invitation to use the app will follow later (by 14 sep)

RoomOnTheBroom
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by RoomOnTheBroom » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:52 pm

Why did your family apply separately?
We are in a similar situation - applied separately because both me and my partner hold tier 2 visa, and he had now received biometrics appointment (With our child) while I am still waiting I assume for the app. I am just wondering if that was correct or whether one of us should have somehow applied as a dependent of the other :roll: (it didn’t seem so when we were applying but maybe I interpreted the rules wrong).

RoomOnTheBroom
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by RoomOnTheBroom » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:59 pm

har_p3 wrote:

Why did your family apply separately?
We are in a similar situation - applied separately because both me and my partner hold tier 2 visa, and he had now received biometrics appointment (With our child) while I am still waiting I assume for the app. I am just wondering if that was correct or whether one of us should have somehow applied as a dependent of the other :roll: (it didn’t seem so when we were applying but maybe I interpreted the rules wrong).

SIyer
India

Post by SIyer » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:27 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:06 pm
har_p3 wrote:

Definitely not a strict date order. Lot of people from April are also still waiting. Not sure what is going on and who designed their system? Probably they themselves wouldn't know what the hell is going on!
Strange that they said UKVI decides who should be invited when they’ve already sent us emails saying we have been chosen for biometric reuse and for using the IDV app. Shouldn’t they just stick by application date and invite accordingly.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:31 pm

SIyer wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:27 pm
iamawonder wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:06 pm
har_p3 wrote:

Strange that they said UKVI decides who should be invited when they’ve already sent us emails saying we have been chosen for biometric reuse and for using the IDV app. Shouldn’t they just stick by application date and invite accordingly.
Not sure if there is any logic at all! The invites are broadly date wise but not exactly. May be the exact logic is more than just dates.
- Could be SET wise
- They could have chosen to release from date X to Y and then alphabetically within these dates
- Complexity of application may be?
- Or their software really sucks and can't do a simple sort !!

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:36 pm

Just a reminder to people to not rely completely on emails. UKVCAS and also UKVI emails are unpredictable. Just now seen on the timeline thread that the user received BRP but did NOT receive decision email :lol:

Carrington1234
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Carrington1234 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:21 pm

I applied on April 1, and still haven't received any idv invite yet. I tried logging in to the idv app and it says
"This account has no cases enabled for Mobile Access".
Still hoping I will get the invite within this week.

Heartbreakkid
Pakistan

Post by Heartbreakkid » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:37 pm

asap8 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:42 pm
Heartbreakkid wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:24 pm
Hello guys
I’m new on this forum I need to ask a quick question I submitted my application on 18th August and received confirmation email from ukvi application submitted.But on the final task it’s not give me any link to create the account with UKVCAS only message display.

You cannot currently book an appointment at a Service and Support Centre
UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) have temporarily closed Service and Support Centres (SSCs) because of coronavirus (COVID-19).
You cannot book an appointment. If you've already made an appointment to attend an SSC, UKVI will be contacting you to cancel it.
You'll be told when you can book a new appointment.
Your immigration status in the UK will not change as a result of you not being able to attend an appointment.

Kindly get back to me on this my leave expire on 12 September if unable to book appointment I’m status remain legal or I will be considered overstayer.Thanks
I think you have been asking the same question again and again!! This problem started long long ago... People have been talking about this for atleast 4 months now. You are not alone in this. Applicants who are all waiting for the IDV app are in similar situation!! Please read the UKVCAS and UKVI updates on this problem on their website or elsewhere (Twitter, face book forums, etc.). Your immigration status won't change if you have applied before the expiry of your recent visa. I am not being rude, just telling the facts.
Asap8 thanks for ur reply m8,You didn’t get my point most of the ppl here they already have account with ukvcas but unable to book the appointment.My situation is different I’m unable to create the account with ukvcas no link available end of the application I also have words with ukvcas they said without creating account you can’t book appointment with ssc neither u received email from us to book an appointment I spoken to home office as well they said might be the website is down try again later I keep trying for last 7 days still no success.Kindly assist me if u have any info regarding this issue.Thanks

Billydkid
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Billydkid » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:45 pm

UPDATE!!!

You guys will be surprised. i just got the email from solicitor as they were contacted by UKVCAS and this was the email below:

N.B DATE APPLICATION SUBMITTED WAS 29-07-2020.

"We are writing to you to confirm we received your UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) application between 1 August – 14 August 2020.
At that time, you were not able to book a UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) appointment immediately due to the on-going impact of COVID-19.
We are delighted to let you know that you can now book an appointment at one of the UKVCAS Service Points so we can process and submit your supporting evidence to UKVI as part of your visa application.
UKVI have confirmed to UKVCAS that you are not eligible for its new biometric reuse policy. This means you must book an appointment to complete your visa application and cannot use the UKVCAS IDV app that you may have heard about"

This is very important that they mentioned that they receive my application between 1 August- 14 August which is not right. Secondly they didn't ask for IDV however my latest bio-metrics were done in 2018 when i had the extension. But Finally i managed to book the appointment for Biometrics on 03-09-2020 for £69.99. Fingers crossed gents we all have come along together and we stand together.

Best of luck all.

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:56 pm

I applied on 5th August but did not get anything back yet. Just saw on the Timeline thread that two august applicants are able to book the appointment. Not a clue what on earth is happening within the UKVCAS department.

BiochemFem
United Kingdom

Post by BiochemFem » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:59 pm

Set O application submitted on 3rd August and I got an email today 12:25pm to book an appointment stating I am not eligible for IdV app

- appointments were available for tomorrow itself- I got one for 1st Sep @69£ Ipswich

-Should be relieved but so torn right now as my bestie who applied on same day (even clicked submit together 😭) hasnt had any email (same set O ILR route). Possibly going to be selected for IDV app as biometric were taken last year. Feel so sorry for all the ‘lucky’ ones selected for the stupid IDV app. Only silver lining is that UKVCAS are sending emails even before the stipulated date (27august) in their latest update, hopefully things are moving pretty fast. Praying for all IDV app users and ‘solicitor blackhole’ applications get a superfast decision.