ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-eu travel with settle and pre-settle status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Non-eu travel with settle and pre-settle status

Post by Alijee786 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:36 pm

Hi
What basic differences are between brc and brp?
And with settle and pre settlement status is it necessary for your eu partner to be in uk while the non eu partner enter the uk ?
Thanks

kamoe
European Union

Re: Non-eu travel with settle and pre-settle status

Post by kamoe » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:55 am

Alijee786 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:36 pm
What basic differences are between brc and brp?
BRC = Biometric Residence Card
BRP = Biometric Residence Permit

Both of the above are biometric cards and look pretty much the same.
For some reason the HO uses the term BRC to refer to cards issued under EU rules, while BRP for cards issued under UK rules. So for example, EEA cards for non-EU family members of EU nationals are BRC; while cards issued under the Tier system are BRP.

That's how I understand it in a nutshell. I understand the HO refers to the EUSS cards as 'residence cards', so BRC, and it is also a blue and pink card that looks the same as the other two.

Now, if your question is what is the difference between the old EEA BRC and the new EUSS BRC then the answer is: The old EEA BRC lets you travel throughout the EU when accompanied with your EU family member without the need of a visa (if you are a visa-required national). The EUSS BRC does NOT let you do this. Of course, if your nationality does not require a visa to travel to the EU, then this is a non issue for you.
And with settle and pre settlement status is it necessary for your eu partner to be in uk while the non eu partner enter the uk ?
Are you asking if your EU family member can be temporary absent from the UK while you enter back into the UK without them, or are you asking if your EU family member can leave the UK permanently, while you continue living in the UK without them? Different questions with different answers.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:21 pm

Hi thanks for detailed answer.
About the last part we are planning to travel our native countries my trip is short but she wants to stay upto 2-3 months with her mother (thats her plan) as her mother is very sick. I have to come back early ( in 3-4 weeks) as i have to look after financials
Means on my arrival she will be away from uk. So what should i do in that case ?

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:29 am

Alijee786 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:21 pm
we are planning to travel our native countries my trip is short but she wants to stay upto 2-3 months with her mother (thats her plan) as her mother is very sick. I have to come back early ( in 3-4 weeks) as i have to look after financials
Means on my arrival she will be away from uk. So what should i do in that case ?
You come back alone and tell the truth to the border control officer, if asked. It's OK to travel alone, provided your EU family member is ordinarily living in the UK, temporary absences do not affect this.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:31 pm

Thanks for the time you took to answer my questions. Really appreciate!