ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returning to the UK under Tier 2- Passport and BRP

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vinay_b
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Returning to the UK under Tier 2- Passport and BRP

Post by Vinay_b » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:05 pm

I have a Tier 2 ICT visa Extension application in progress. Biometric part is already done and application was submitted in May 2020. I have to travel to my native country due to some commitments.

Visa process already running later, not sure when will the BRP will be dispatched, given this scenario:

> My organization will receive it? will they handover this to me or return, as I will not be in country?
> If they return, can I ask Home office about above situation and re-claim my BRP?
> If any of my authorized person collect my BRP and send that to me outside UK, will I be able to use it for future UK travel?
> Is there any special clause for this kind of situation in Gov.uk?
> as all this happening due to UKVI delayed service, can any solicitor help me fight this situation, if it don't work in my favour?

Please share ur views, thanks and regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Returning to the UK under Tier 2- Passport and BRP

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:45 pm

Has your last visa already expired??

Traveling out of the UK while an application is pending results in your application being withdrawn and you lose the fees.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Vinay_b
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Vinay_b » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:06 pm

Yes last Visa already expired

Any views on other scenarios

wanderer05
Mood:
India

Post by wanderer05 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:15 pm

UKVI specifically mentions on their website at time of applying visa to ensure there are no travels planned until and unless BRP card is issued and i hand of the person applying.

No one other than you can collect BRP, if that would have been case UK Gov would had send all BRP's to relevant employer's to collect from.

Very minimal chance of anyone able to help you pick BRP card.

Vinay_b
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Vinay_b » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:39 pm

Hmmmmm thanks, all your points make sense.

What about my last scenario, all this kiosk created due to COVID and UKVI is not able to cope-up, dont you think they will except few exceptions?

but not sure how i can request them for exception??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:42 pm

It is quite simple, if you leave the UK while you have an application pending, it will be considered withdrawn, your section 3C protection ends (making you anniverstayer) and you lose the fees paid. There has been no relaxation of this.

You are of course free to leave the UK, but you won't be able to get a visa that you have already applied for as it eil be withdrawn. You would have to start the process again in your home country.

If you have dependents who have applied with you, you leaving will result in their application also being withdrawn and making them overstayers too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.