ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set O application entry date UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pikachu1
Newly Registered

ILR Set O application entry date UK

Post by pikachu1 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:32 am

My wife is filling her ILR application and we have a doubt regarding a question -

"When did you first enter the UK? (Required)
This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started. "

My wife came here in 2014 on her work visa but she switched to my dependant visa in 2015 without leaving UK. We are applying this application on the basis of 5 year period which started in 2015. What should we answer for the above question? The date she entered in 2014 or when her dependent visa started in 2015?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Set O application entry date UK

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:13 pm

pikachu1 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:32 am
My wife is filling her ILR application and we have a doubt regarding a question -

This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started. "

My wife came here in 2014 on her work visa but she switched to my dependant visa in 2015 without leaving UK. We are applying this application on the basis of 5 year period which started in 2015. What should we answer for the above question? The date she entered in 2014 or when her dependent visa started in 2015?
Very self explanatory question. Most appropriate is 2015 despite either dates can be given since they have all record.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

pikachu1
Newly Registered

Post by pikachu1 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:13 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:13 pm
pikachu1 wrote:

Very self explanatory question. Most appropriate is 2015 despite either dates can be given since they have all record.
Thanks for replying. I found it confusing when I first read the question and I'm still confused. The reason being they are asking for the date of entry in UK for this 5 year period of stay. They didn't ask directly when the 5 year period started. You could be right but I'm still not sure.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:30 pm

pikachu1 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:13 pm
seagul wrote:
pikachu1 wrote:

Thanks for replying. I found it confusing when I first read the question and I'm still confused. The reason being they are asking for the date of entry in UK for this 5 year period of stay. They didn't ask directly when the 5 year period started. You could be right but I'm still not sure.
Which of the dates culminated to this current ILR application you are making progressing on...that could give an hint.

pikachu1
Newly Registered

Post by pikachu1 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:48 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:30 pm
pikachu1 wrote:
seagul wrote:
pikachu1 wrote:

Which of the dates culminated to this current ILR application you are making progressing on...that could give an hint.
Thanks for replying. We are applying for 5 year period which started in 2015. But for this period which started in 2015, the date of entry in UK is in 2014.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:49 pm

pikachu1 wrote:
You could be right but I'm still not sure.
If it still not clear then provide 2014.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:48 pm

pikachu1 wrote:

In case visa was switched in UK - it will be the approval date/BRP issue date in 2015.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.