ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukmogulday
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by ukmogulday » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:58 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:35 pm
ukmogulday wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:37 pm
Decisions have not necessarily slowed. Ours took 3 days from uploading docs and attending biometrics to getting decision. So there is hope. My experience may bee an interesting datapoint on biometrics for people as well.

Applied July 31 with solicitor advising (but used my email). I made a special effort to apply before July ended so as to stay in the July group. Was in biometric reuse group but opted out of IDV app prior to August 10 after getting the link August 5th or so. Got invitation to book biometric appointment around August 14th I think. Was away from London (in Scotland) and so booked biometrics for August 24th (although appointments were available in London on August 15th I think). Attended biometrics with wife and two dependents. Prior to this I had uploaded ZERO documents to UKVCAS website (I scanned them all at the biometric appointment). Amazingly, got notification today (so only 3 days after uploading docs and doing biometrics) that we have all be approved for ILR. Now awaiting BRP arrival.
Could you please share with us the expiry date of your Tier 2 Visa/BRP? Latest conspiracy theory says that the decisions are according to the expiry date of the current visa :D
Current Tier 2 visa doesn't expire until next year (2021).

gabidzas
England

Post by gabidzas » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:13 pm

Dear all;

would everyone be getting IDV invite who gave biometrics last 2 to 3 years inside UK? Or are there any cases (considering no child applicants are involved) who gave biometrics within UK and receive biometrics invitation and not IDV app?

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:15 pm

gabidzas wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:13 pm
Dear all;

would everyone be getting IDV invite who gave biometrics last 2 to 3 years inside UK? Or are there any cases (considering no child applicants are involved) who gave biometrics within UK and receive biometrics invitation and not IDV app?
Most likely IDV app if only adults. With children it's a bit here and there even if they have given biometric in last 2 years.

Nilang
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Nilang » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:52 pm

Hi guys, I just want to know as soon as you submit biometric information at the aukVCA appointment, does your account setting for UKVCAs change to submitted or any particular thing?
Because even though I submitted biometric I didn’t get any SMS message also when I log in to UKVCA appointment I can still see and it allows me to submit documents and allows me to cancel the appointment!! I think it is bit strange???

Please those who submitted biometric at centres reply??

recentgrad
Newly Registered
India

Post by recentgrad » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:57 pm

Are there any other March/April/May applicants still waiting for a biometric appointment? I applied on 14 April through a solicitor and opted out of IDV on 07 Aug, but there has been no progress after that. Solicitor claims no emails have come since then.

Is anyone else in a similar situation, or has got it resolved? I saw here that many others were also having the issue of solicitor not receiving emails.

LZ_90
Singapore

Post by LZ_90 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:00 pm

Nilang wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:52 pm
Hi guys, I just want to know as soon as you submit biometric information at the aukVCA appointment, does your account setting for UKVCAs change to submitted or any particular thing?
Because even though I submitted biometric I didn’t get any SMS message also when I log in to UKVCA appointment I can still see and it allows me to submit documents and allows me to cancel the appointment!! I think it is bit strange???

It’s fairly normal, I had the same situation when I applied a few weeks back. You simply need to log back on a few days later and there will be an option allowing you to submit all the docs to UKVI :) hope it helps

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:03 pm

Hi
Why don't people waiting for IDV app try to logon around 6 PM and inform if they could successfully upload the photo so that others will also try instead of waiting for the email. Because if an applicant doesn't have access at that time, probably he/she won't get email also. I think the access is first granted and then the emails are sent. This will save us from staring at the bloody mobile and we can spend the evening with our family. Thanks. :P May be this is a rubbish idea.

manikanta518
Newly Registered
India

Post by manikanta518 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:06 pm

Hi All,

I submitted application on April 22nd. i got IDV invite on 26th August at 19:00. submitted all steps.

Sez30
United Kingdom

Post by Sez30 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:16 pm

Waiting to see all the dates that get the invite today! We applied June 7th so feel we still have a few days wait, is anyone else applying for FLR(M)

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:19 pm

asap8 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:03 pm
Hi
Why don't people waiting for IDV app try to logon around 6 PM and inform if they could successfully upload the photo so that others will also try instead of waiting for the email. Because if an applicant doesn't have access at that time, probably he/she won't get email also. I think the access is first granted and then the emails are sent. This will save us from staring at the bloody mobile and we can spend the evening with our family. Thanks. :P May be this is a rubbish idea.
Not a rubbish idea at all. I am sure people are doing this already. I am a 10 july applicant. I do check you never know...

imb2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by imb2020 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:22 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:19 pm
asap8 wrote:
Hi
Not a rubbish idea at all. I am sure people are doing this already. I am a 10 july applicant. I do check you never know...
Same here. check everyday and wait for magic

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:31 pm

Wish these IDV invites started during the day!

tfftff
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by tfftff » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:43 pm

Hi guys,

submitted on the 28th of May managed to get into the idv app and submit no email yet. atb

tfftff
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by tfftff » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:48 pm

just to be clear as i was excited

Application date 28th of May. managed to get into the app and submit the required photo around 5 min ago. have not got an email yet. check the app as the email might take longer.

thank you all and wish you all the best. Now its a new waiting game.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:51 pm

Seems like end May/start June applications will be catered today for IDV invites....
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

aaarandom
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by aaarandom » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:03 pm

I also managed to log in to the app without the email but I could not finish the liveliness test keeps getting not complete. Any recommendations? application date 7th of June.

Carrington1234
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Carrington1234 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:05 pm

good eve.. when i try logging in to the app.. it says

"This account has no cases enabled for Mobile Access"

im using P30 huawei.. do i need to change my phone to idiot-phone?

imb2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by imb2020 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:11 pm

imb2020 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:22 pm
iamawonder wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:19 pm
asap8 wrote:
Hi
Same here. check everyday and wait for magic
check 18:30 no access
check 18:42 get in

so excited.

submitted 2.June tier 2 extension

huawei p30 no.issue

thank everyone for sharing. All the.best

Sez30
United Kingdom

Post by Sez30 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:14 pm

We got in!!! No email, just tried. Applied on 7th June.
Liveness test was hard. We found it easier holding it away so that even when head was moved it stayed inside the circle. Soon as it went out the parameters it failed.

imb2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by imb2020 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:15 pm

Sez30 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:14 pm
Liveness test was hard. We found it easier holding it away so that even when head was moved it stayed inside the circle. Soon as it went out the parameters it failed.
did you get any email after you submitted.it?

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:19 pm

Got an email at 7:00 pm "Introducing the UKVCAS IDV app" which means I am eligible for IDV app.

I am 7th August applicant. Not invitation yet but glad to see this moving. The email says will get an invite before 14th Sept. I am hopeful I will get it soon.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:23 pm

Nilang wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:52 pm

It's normal. Do not change, add or delete anything.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sez30
United Kingdom

Post by Sez30 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:26 pm

imb2020 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:15 pm
Sez30 wrote:

No, no email. The submit button is now all grey out!
The next anxious wait begins!

imb2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by imb2020 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:37 pm

Sez30 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:26 pm
imb2020 wrote:
Sez30 wrote:

Thank u. Let us update.each other

Sez30
United Kingdom

Post by Sez30 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:39 pm

imb2020 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:37 pm
Sez30 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:26 pm
imb2020 wrote:
Sez30 wrote:

Thank u. Let us update.each other

Did you get an email?
Worried that something was done wrong! I’m a born worrier!