ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration information

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Yolanda211
Newly Registered
Ireland

Immigration information

Post by Yolanda211 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:14 pm

GOOD DAY

I would like some advice on my situation.
I am currently living in ireland on a stamp 4 with the condition that i am living in the same household as my irish parents , as part of a family unit .

Due to unforseen circumstances i no longer live with them and therefore breached the condition , im up for renewal but dont know what to do about the situation as they will know i dont live with my family anymore .
Is there anyway out of this or a possibility of renewing my stamp with new conditions?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Immigration information

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:19 pm

Hello

Not being funny, why did you breach the conditions of your stamp?

When they give you an IRP with a condition, that condition is not optional. You have to ensure strict adherence otherwise you may invalidate your permit. Usually when you breach, nothing happens until you try to renew and then your conditions become apparent.

I guess you came in under a family reunification scheme, didn't you?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:59 pm

Well cases like these are not as black and white.

It is different from say, working more hours than permitted.

It could be the family do not want the OP to live with them, in those circumstances it cannot be said that OP violated the rules.

Not saying that such is the case, merely stating the fact that a breach that resulted from a person ceasing to reside with family members, is not always black and white.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:04 pm

I agree. That's why I am asking in case the OP has some compelling circumstances that can be leveraged.

I have known a few cases under EEA routes where the relation is broken and the sponsored person doesn't live with the sponsor and is not dependent but keeps using the EEA card until a renewal is needed and this is where things get sour. Typically broken relationships :(

Yolanda211
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Yolanda211 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:49 pm

Thank you for all reply replies
Yes i came in with family reunification but my life is at risk as some people in the house tried to harm me multiple times .

Thats why i breached the condition as ut was for my own safety , im up for renewal in a month and i bit worried .

I dont know if it will be enough reason to have breached the condition from their point of view

griffith
Mood:
Ireland

Post by griffith » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:29 am

Yolanda211 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:49 pm
Thank you for all reply replies
Yes i came in with family reunification but my life is at risk as some people in the house tried to harm me multiple times .

Thats why i breached the condition as ut was for my own safety , im up for renewal in a month and i bit worried .

I dont know if it will be enough reason to have breached the condition from their point of view

if you feel so insecure than why don't you contact the gardai???
your safety is important or residency?
Stay strong & never Give up!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:20 am

With no disrespect to the OP, your decision has put your own residency at risk. Your comment doesn’t really resonate. You have breached your condition from the day you moved out without the intention of telling them what happened. End of.

If you had experienced domestic violence, you should have called Gardai at the time, and informed INIS right away. You would get a police report and that would have helped you get a residence card under your own name.

You could also walk into any Garda station at any day to file a report. You can secretly take photos/video and take them to Gardai and report to INIS. These would have tremendously helped you and you would have got your own stamp by now.

Instead, you just moved away without telling anyone anything, until your residency is about to expire. That is way too late and suspicious.

If you still have photo evidence of the domestic violence, go to a Gardai office TODAY. File a report. That may be your last chance.

Sherrynd
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Sherrynd » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:30 pm

Hello,
I have applied through the new online renewal system for a new IRP Card. It has been more than a month now and I still havent received any of my documents.I would like to know if that is normal especially during the whole covid 19 measures and the fact that I reside in Dublin?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:12 pm

Sherrynd wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:30 pm
Hello,
I have applied through the new online renewal system for a new IRP Card. It has been more than a month now and I still havent received any of my documents.I would like to know if that is normal especially during the whole covid 19 measures and the fact that I reside in Dublin?
Please open your own thread or check existing threads about timelines. I appreciate your are nervous, but a month these days, is nothing when it comes to any administrative application.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:24 pm

Yolanda211 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:14 pm
GOOD DAY

I would like some advice on my situation.
I am currently living in ireland on a stamp 4 with the condition that i am living in the same household as my irish parents , as part of a family unit .

Due to unforseen circumstances i no longer live with them and therefore breached the condition , im up for renewal but dont know what to do about the situation as they will know i dont live with my family anymore .
Is there anyway out of this or a possibility of renewing my stamp with new conditions?
Immigration doesn't always work. I for one, had a couple of bad starts in my early days and had to go home and think again about a better plan.

If you came to Ireland to be reunited with your family then they turned abusive and threatened your life, you have to demonstrate that. There could be testimonies for doctors, medical reports of injuries, friends, neighbours... and fill a police report. Your word is not enough.

I have known many young people who disregarded the conditions of their immigration leave because the renewal seems so far away. Then, one day, it's here and the boxes are not ticked. If you feel it's your case, it's about time to come clean about it and see what could be your options. Are you living with a boy friend or something?