ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

APPEAL TIME IN LAGOS 2?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shoe09
Newly Registered

APPEAL TIME IN LAGOS 2?

Post by shoe09 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:16 am

Pls could someone help. Like i wrote earlier, my won an appeal in London on aboout 8 weeks ago but the BDHC, Lagos have on several occassion informed us that they have not receive the appeal decision from the relevant department in London. Does the diplomatic bag takes several months to move from London to Lagos?

Secondly, a solicitor rang me today that he phone the relevant department in London yesterday ( 30/08/2008) and that he was advice that they may call my wife for another interview at Lagos. Is this possible. And he demanded for a fee of 100pounds so as to help me write letter to the relevant department in London and the BDHC, Lagos so that the process will be speed up. Am so confused.

It was this same solicitor that told me that the BIA has 28 days to appeal against AIT decision only for me to be rightly advice on this forum that it BIA has only 5 working days/ Pls am so confuce. Kindly help pls

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:47 am

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/chapter27/

Read this article. It may answer your queury.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:57 am

Shoe,
Someone is trying to empty your bank account. Just thought how funny that was when I considered Nigerian scams!! Sorry!

The sol is just trying to get more money out of you. If your wife is invited for interview again it will not matter if there is a letter from the sol or not. Wait and find out what is happening. Certainly do not pay for a letter to the ECO from a sol they add no weight to your position and are not seen as having any value by the ECO. This is especially so when they threaten all sorts of unlikely legal actions such as Judicial Review.

As for time scales - Lagos is a busy post, it takes weeks to get things sorted out. The court determination does not take long to get there however it is queued with the rest of the allowed appeals and they are reviewed and then the visa issued or secondary action is taken. This includes interview or re-interview.

Note the allowed determination does not compel the ECO to issue the visa, it only states the decision was wrong based on the courts view of the balance of probabilities.

shoe09
Newly Registered

Post by shoe09 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:31 pm

Thanks you Frontier Mole,

The BDHC has finally contacted my wife for an interview, pls any idea of what the interview can be.

She was told to bring along any document with her passport, so am now confused on what document that she can take along since we've submitted everything at her first application.

I am looking forward to any assistance.