ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by iamawonder » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:14 pm

jigars143 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:11 pm
Hello guys... Just received email about IDV app to reuse Biometrics. I wanted to have some suggestions if it is better to opt in or otherwise? Anyone with the experience? Your input is always appreciated.
There is no opt out now. Once you receive IDV invitation, then you will have the choice of using app or book appointment. Choice is entirely personal.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:17 pm

Huss11 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:29 am
Hi everyone hope you are all well, i applied on 15th june (set m) through solicitor there only email i was forwarded the payment confirmation.I have numerous times phoned and emailed my solicitor for updates and i have been told there are no other emails have been sent.I seriously do not know what to do my solicitor is getting quite annoyed with me keep asking.Can anyone give me any advice in what i can do please. :cry:
You could have been chosen for IDV. If that's the case, you can start trying to login to the app from this evening as 15 june is likely to get invited today. If you don't get through in the next couple of working days, then you can take it up again with your solicitor. That's what i would have done in your position.

jigars143
Pakistan

Post by jigars143 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:33 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:14 pm
jigars143 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:11 pm
Hello guys... Just received email about IDV app to reuse Biometrics. I wanted to have some suggestions if it is better to opt in or otherwise? Anyone with the experience? Your input is always appreciated.
There is no opt out now. Once you receive IDV invitation, then you will have the choice of using app or book appointment. Choice is entirely personal.
Aahh ok... Yes, the email says they will send invitation by 14 September with further details on how to use the app. I already downloaded the app so just waiting for them to provide the details on how to log in.

goodluckeveryone
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by goodluckeveryone » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:40 pm

Hi guys, want to share that I applied on 11Aug for setM, just received 'introducing IDV' email today around 12pm. Would be interesting to see the decision making timeline for people who had done with IDV. Also I'm wondering if anyone who got/will get the IDV invite, went to/will go to book physical appointment instead(on the assumption that will help with a quicker decision?). what do you think...?

jamd12
United Kingdom

Post by jamd12 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:05 pm

Hi All,

Just received an email that I am eligible for IDV app- and invite to use will be sent week by 14th of September.
I had applied 29th of July through solicitor and he said he has been unable to book or find me any appointments from then until now. he said everything looks booked up until beginning October.

Should I go for the IDV app or should I still try and book an appointment whenever that would even be possible..
I just have been reading that everyone submitting biometrics have gotten quicker decisions. so thats what I was planning to do. but havent seen any decisions for IDV app yet.

Please what do you all suggest I do?

SaJaRo
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by SaJaRo » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:30 pm

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been discussed before. I looked back through a week's worth of posts and couldn't see it mentioned.

I've logged into the app successfully and am pleased to see that documents I previously uploaded to the website are there. However, it states I must upload at least one document in every category, but there are more categories than previously. For example, one required category is "Educational", but my Checklist doesn't ask for any proof of education. There's no explanation of what the documents need to show.

Has anyone else experienced this? I am applying for ILR Set M (5 years).

Thanks

SaJaRo
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by SaJaRo » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm

SaJaRo wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:30 pm
Hi all,

Apologies if this has been discussed before. I looked back through a week's worth of posts and couldn't see it mentioned.

I've logged into the app successfully and am pleased to see that documents I previously uploaded to the website are there. However, it states I must upload at least one document in every category, but there are more categories than previously. For example, one required category is "Educational", but my Checklist doesn't ask for any proof of education. There's no explanation of what the documents need to show.

Thanks
Errm, sorry, how do I delete a post?! Ignore me - I didn't read it properly and now see the difference between mandatory and optional! :oops:

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:53 pm

SaJaRo wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm
SaJaRo wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks
Errm, sorry, how do I delete a post?! Ignore me - I didn't read it properly and now see the difference between mandatory and optional! :oops:
btw, just in case if it helps you, my solicitor has uploaded the following in educational section
1. NARIC certificate
2. scan copy of my degree
3. Life in the UK test pass email (this shouldn't be mandatory though as you must have entered the reference number in the application form)

nash4elovek
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nash4elovek » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:03 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:53 pm
SaJaRo wrote:
SaJaRo wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks
btw, just in case if it helps you, my solicitor has uploaded the following in educational section
1. NARIC certificate
3. Life in the UK test pass email (this shouldn't be mandatory though as you must have entered the reference number in the application form)
Just to add, there is a topic in this forum (in the ILR section) with a classification of all documents by category. I found it very helpful when I was uploading my documents to UKVCAS. I uploaded my IELTS certificate under "educational".

nash4elovek
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nash4elovek » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:06 pm

jamd12 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:05 pm
Hi All,

Just received an email that I am eligible for IDV app- and invite to use will be sent week by 14th of September.
I had applied 29th of July through solicitor and he said he has been unable to book or find me any appointments from then until now. he said everything looks booked up until beginning October.

Should I go for the IDV app or should I still try and book an appointment whenever that would even be possible..
I just have been reading that everyone submitting biometrics have gotten quicker decisions. so thats what I was planning to do. but havent seen any decisions for IDV app yet.

Please what do you all suggest I do?
When it shows no available appointments on the system for all 6 weeks ahead, it means that you haven't been given the access to book an appointment yet. It doesn't mean that there are no appointments.

IDV vs appointment is still unclear as we have only seen a couple of IDV applicants getting decisions, and none of them were on this forum.

SaJaRo
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by SaJaRo » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:18 pm

iamawonder wrote:
SaJaRo wrote:
SaJaRo wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks
1. NARIC certificate
Oh thank you so much. I wouldn't have thought to add the Life In the UK test, but I will do that. I don't actually need to add any other education info, according to my checklist. Thanks again and sorry for the mis-post!

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:22 pm

SaJaRo wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:18 pm
iamawonder wrote:
SaJaRo wrote:
SaJaRo wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks
1. NARIC certificate
Oh thank you so much. I wouldn't have thought to add the Life In the UK test, but I will do that. I don't actually need to add any other education info, according to my checklist. Thanks again and sorry for the mis-post!
You don't want to upload NARIC or English Test result?

Fivem
Egypt

Post by Fivem » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:29 pm

hi, last month i uploaded and submitted my documents to ukvcas site, i just notice i have missed one documents. Can the staff at ukvcas upload this document on the day of the appointment which will be after three days. .my appointment is standard appointment.Thanks.

sugaz
Newly Registered
India

Post by sugaz » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:37 pm

you can add the document now in ukvcas website. It will say 'not submitted'. At the time of the appointment, they will tell you that 1 document is pending and once confirmed they will submit the same.

[quote=Fivem post_id=1929109 time=1598621370 user_id=185031]
hi, last month i uploaded and submitted my documents to ukvcas site, i just notice i have missed one documents. Can the staff at ukvcas upload this document on the day of the appointment which will be after three days. .my appointment is standard appointment.Thanks.
[/quote]

Fivem
Egypt

Post by Fivem » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:44 pm

sugaz wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:37 pm
you can add the document now in ukvcas website. It will say 'not submitted'. At the time of the appointment, they will tell you that 1 document is pending and once confirmed they will submit the same.
Fivem wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:29 pm
you mean if i keep it until my appointment day, they will not scan and upload it for me.I do not want ruin my already uploaded documents and prefer if they sill scan and upload it for me.

Maddy_1992
Russia

Post by Maddy_1992 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:52 pm

Guys I applied for my ILR (Set O) on 27/7 and have my appointment booked for 9/9.
All my documents and payslips are dated 15/07. The letter from my employer is dated 10/07.
I have uploaded all the docs online now.

do you think I should have up to date payslips and letters from my employer to hand on the day of my appointment? Just in case..

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:53 pm

Maddy_1992 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:52 pm
Guys I applied for my ILR (Set O) on 27/7 and have my appointment booked for 9/9.
All my documents and payslips are dated 15/07. The letter from my employer is dated 10/07.

do you think I should have up to date payslips and letters from my employer to hand on the day of my appointment? Just in case..
Please go through this thread. You will get your answer. Searching the forum with "payslip" might just do the trick ;)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:04 pm

Maddy_1992 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:52 pm

Can you please ask your general questions in your own topic you already have. This topic is ONLY for biometric delays/appointment posts!!!

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1914329

Your supporting documents must be dated on or before the date of application, which is the date you submitted and paid online. You do NOT have to get 'up to date' stuff!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

atto123
India

Post by atto123 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:31 pm

Got an email today that i am eligible for IDV app. and i shall get an invite before 14th september to do that.

I have applied on 6th May via solicitor

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:33 pm

Fivem wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:44 pm
sugaz wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:37 pm
Fivem wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:29 pm
you mean if i keep it until my appointment day, they will not scan and upload it for me.I do not want ruin my already uploaded documents and prefer if they sill scan and upload it for me.
If it's a paid-for appointment, they will scan documents on request.

It's your choice.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

atto123
India

Post by atto123 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:45 pm

BTW i have observed people who submitted manual biometric have got approvals faster than the app ?

am i right ?

kart678
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by kart678 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:51 pm

atto123 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:45 pm
BTW i have observed people who submitted manual biometric have got approvals faster than the app ?

am i right ?
That's correct. From my understanding, no one (those enrolled via IDV app) has received their decision except one emergency case.

I should have done it via UKVCAS rather relying on new innovation.

Primirally thought it is more like an identity check, just submitting the photos to verify but it looks like it is beyond that
Last edited by kart678 on Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jafersadeq
United Kingdom

Post by jafersadeq » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:56 pm

atto123 wrote:

am i right ?
NO

LZ_90
Singapore

Post by LZ_90 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:58 pm

Received an IDV email at 13:02 today, same format as other members. Applied and registered on 13th Aug. Set O - Tier 2 5 years.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:58 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:56 pm
atto123 wrote:

am i right ?
NO
Your visa route to ILR is different and more complex and you are fully aware of that. It is a well known fact that Tier 1 Ent to ILR can take months in normal circumstances, so likely to take longer under the current circumstances.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.