ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

atto123
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by atto123 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:01 pm

kart678 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:51 pm
atto123 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:45 pm
BTW i have observed people who submitted manual biometric have got approvals faster than the app ?

am i right ?
That's correct. From my understanding, no one (those enrolled via IDV app) has received their decision except one emergency case.

I should have done it via UKVCAS rather relying on new innovation.

Primirally thought it is more like an identity check, just submitting the photos to verify but it looks like it is beyond that

UKVCAS and UKVI never seizes to surprise me. The whole point is atleast for March/april/may applicants once they submit via IDV app decisions should pour in....is it not the whole point ?

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:17 pm

kart678 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:51 pm
atto123 wrote:
BTW i have observed people who submitted manual biometric have got approvals faster than the app ?

am i right ?
That's correct. From my understanding, no one (those enrolled via IDV app) has received their decision except one emergency case.

I should have done it via UKVCAS rather relying on new innovation.

Primirally thought it is more like an identity check, just submitting the photos to verify but it looks like it is beyond that
I agree. Generally speaking, and personally too, Following the release of IDV the whole point of appointments for those eligible for IDV would be for those who want faster decision on their visas, hence the paid appointment when IDV is free.

atto123
India

Post by atto123 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:46 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:58 pm
jafersadeq wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:56 pm
atto123 wrote:

am i right ?
NO
Your visa route to ILR is different and more complex and you are fully aware of that. It is a well known fact that Tier 1 Ent to ILR can take months in normal circumstances, so likely to take longer under the current circumstances.

I agree, but even in straight cases like Tier 2- 5 years etc, biometric seems to be coming faster than IDV, that is my point..

abc123456789
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by abc123456789 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:52 pm

Hi everyone - a quick question for people who have got their ILR approval...

Does the gov prove-right-to-work website reflect your ILR status even when you input the current BRP number ?

The reason for asking is my solicitor is currently on leave so there's no way to get notified if there's any email from the HO. I just want to know if the prove-right-to-work site could be a way to check on my application progress...

Many thanks

harshitguptaiitr
India

Post by harshitguptaiitr » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:29 pm

For biometric reuse ILR applicants,

Till what date has UKVCAS / UKVI sent out invitations to use the IDV App ?

Last I read was 7th June

I thought UKVCAS will post regular updates this week, but there hasn't been anything in the last three days :cry:
Please DO NOT send me a Private Message for immigration advice.

My responses are not a substitute for professional legal advice. My response does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor is it a solicitation to offer legal advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:44 pm

atto123 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:46 pm
CR001 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:58 pm
jafersadeq wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:56 pm
atto123 wrote:

am i right ?
NO
Your visa route to ILR is different and more complex and you are fully aware of that. It is a well known fact that Tier 1 Ent to ILR can take months in normal circumstances, so likely to take longer under the current circumstances.

I agree, but even in straight cases like Tier 2- 5 years etc, biometric seems to be coming faster than IDV, that is my point..
My post was not in response to your post but to user 'jafersadeq' post!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pogopigi
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by pogopigi » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:55 pm

Happy Friday guys - had my biometric appointment this morning in Victora. I brought all my documents but they only scanned my passport pages and nothing else was checked. Fingers (and toes) crossed now!

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:41 pm

Hi Applied on 14th June. No email. But I could get into the app.

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:55 pm

Guys Suggestion, please.

I have not received an invitation but I am able to login to IDV App.
Should I proceed with the IDV app and submit or wait for the email??
Remember, I downloaded the IDV App on my own and there is no further communication from UKVI after the initial reuse email.
I installed IDV app on my own and if I now submit without any further advice from UKVI. Will this not cause any problem?
ZR

Dekedaba
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Dekedaba » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:58 pm

22nd of June Application. No IDV invite but I was able to login, quick and easy to use. All done now. All the best to everyone.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:59 pm

zzzindagi wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:55 pm
Guys Suggestion, please.

Remember, I downloaded the IDV App on my own and there is no further communication from UKVI after the initial reuse email.
I installed IDV app on my own and if I now submit without any further advice from UKVI. Will this not cause any problem?
Just seen that you applied on 2 july. Is that right? In that case invites have reached 2 july!!

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:03 pm

zzzindagi wrote:
Guys Suggestion, please.

I don't think it will cause any problem. But you will get email soon. You can do it may be tomorrow, if you wish. Even if you do it today, it is unlikely that they will process tomorrow. Take your time and check everything carefully before pressing the submit button.

imb2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by imb2020 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:16 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:59 pm
zzzindagi wrote:
Guys Suggestion, please.

Just seen that you applied on 2 july. Is that right? In that case invites have reached 2 july!!
Invitation moves very fast. Hope the decisions are on the way as well

Hamza127
Pakistan

Post by Hamza127 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:24 pm

Hi guys. Just wanted to ask are idv app invites sent on Saturday and Sunday ?. Thank you

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:28 pm

Hamza127 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:24 pm
Hi guys. Just wanted to ask are idv app invites sent on Saturday and Sunday ?. Thank you
Last week invitations were sent on saturday but not sunday. Not sure if they will be sent on bank holiday monday either.

Desiro
Belarus

Post by Desiro » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:38 pm

Dekedaba wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:58 pm
22nd of June Application. No IDV invite but I was able to login, quick and easy to use. All done now. All the best to everyone.
My application date 25.06. So far I haven't been able to log in to the app.

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:04 pm

Application date: 22nd June

SET (M)

No email received for IDV app, but managed to login just now, took the picture, done the liveness check, uploaded the current valid passport’s first page and submitted.

I had already submitted every document on UKVCAS website along with all biometric pages of previous passports, so was happy to submit, submit button greyed out now.

Will keep you all posted

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:11 pm

UPDATE:

5 mins after accessing IDV App and submitting, I got the official invite to use the app.

Email is from FES appointments titled: “ Invitation to use the new UKVCAS IDV app”

P.S: before submission it didn’t ask me for my UAN

jamd12
United Kingdom

Post by jamd12 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:14 pm

nash4elovek wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:06 pm
jamd12 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:05 pm
Hi All,

Just received an email that I am eligible for IDV app- and invite to use will be sent week by 14th of September.
I had applied 29th of July through solicitor and he said he has been unable to book or find me any appointments from then until now. he said everything looks booked up until beginning October.

Should I go for the IDV app or should I still try and book an appointment whenever that would even be possible..
I just have been reading that everyone submitting biometrics have gotten quicker decisions. so thats what I was planning to do. but havent seen any decisions for IDV app yet.

Please what do you all suggest I do?
When it shows no available appointments on the system for all 6 weeks ahead, it means that you haven't been given the access to book an appointment yet. It doesn't mean that there are no appointments.

IDV vs appointment is still unclear as we have only seen a couple of IDV applicants getting decisions, and none of them were on this forum.
Oh okay thanks for getting back to me!!! So if I havent been given access to book an appointment does that mean I will never have access to book? And I should therefore go for the IDV app as I have no other option?!

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:20 pm

Logged in to the IDV app and completed the biometrics-related tasks just now (Fri, Aug 28 2020, 20:15 BST). Everything was functional. Took facial image, completed liveness check and uploaded supporting documents. All done within 10 minutes tops.

Date of submission of online UKVI application (and registration with UKVCAS) was 01 July 2020.

Note: I did not get the IDV invite email so far, but I just tried my luck, and luckily the app was active for me.

Desiro
Belarus

Post by Desiro » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:24 pm

krishnakumarg wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:20 pm
Logged in to the IDV app and completed the biometrics-related tasks just now (Fri, Aug 28 2020, 20:15 BST). Everything was functional. Took facial image, completed liveness check and uploaded supporting documents. All done within 10 minutes tops.

Date of submission of online UKVI application (and registration with UKVCAS) was 01 July 2020.

Note: I did not get the IDV invite email so far, but I just tried my luck, and luckily the app was active for me.
Could you specify type of your application please?

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:41 pm

Desiro wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:24 pm
krishnakumarg wrote:

Sure. Global Talent visa - Stage 2.

The reason I post here is that there is no corresponding thread discussing biometrics appointments/IDV app for my visa category. In fact, there is no forum at all in this entire platform for the Global Talent visa.

Desiro
Belarus

Post by Desiro » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:44 pm

krishnakumarg wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:41 pm
Desiro wrote:
krishnakumarg wrote:

The reason I post here is that there is no corresponding thread discussing biometrics appointments/IDV app for my visa category. In fact, there is no forum at all in this entire platform for the Global Talent visa.
Thanks, I agree about the thread, it is the most active. It seems to me that there is no pattern on type of application with regards who gets invitation faster.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:45 pm

krishnakumarg wrote:
Desiro wrote:
krishnakumarg wrote:

And even more annoyingly, you post almost duplicates posts in the same named topic in the British citizenship sub forum. Please can you desist form posting in the citizenship sub forum as your posts are completely irrelevant there.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:04 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:45 pm
krishnakumarg wrote:
Desiro wrote:
krishnakumarg wrote:

And even more annoyingly, you post almost duplicates posts in the same named topic in the British citizenship sub forum. Please can you desist form posting in the citizenship sub forum as your posts are completely irrelevant there.
As far as IDV app and biometrics are concerned, the application type (citizenship, Tier 2, ILR, Tier 1 etc) makes no difference whatsoever. Everyone is in the same wait-queue for biometrics.

I posted in that sub-forum because, because I have benefited from reading other people's experiences which kept me in the know. Perhaps those who read my posts there can benefit from knowing that the idv app queue has reached until July 01, 2020.

A few days back there was also a request to the moderators for creating an IDV app specific thread. Is that being considered?