ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RESIGN WHEN? AFTER WP OR EC?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

korak
Newly Registered

RESIGN WHEN? AFTER WP OR EC?

Post by korak » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:56 am

Hi,

I am a Software Engg, in India and have got a job offer in UK. My UK employer has submitted for the Work permit in the home office on 19th August. Following are my queries:

1. Is it ok to resign from the present company after receiving work permit approval and prior to obtaing entry clearance?

If not, then following is my additional query:

2. I heard that the docs are submitted in VFS in India and they schedule an appointment after say 3-4 weeks. Now during this second appointment, if they keep the passport from me, can I go ahead and resign from my present organisation?

Thanks to all who reply, in advance,

sashank

Re: RESIGN WHEN? AFTER WP OR EC?

Post by sashank » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:40 am

korak wrote:Hi,

I am a Software Engg, in India and have got a job offer in UK. My UK employer has submitted for the Work permit in the home office on 19th August. Following are my queries:

1. Is it ok to resign from the present company after receiving work permit approval and prior to obtaing entry clearance?

If not, then following is my additional query:

2. I heard that the docs are submitted in VFS in India and they schedule an appointment after say 3-4 weeks. Now during this second appointment, if they keep the passport from me, can I go ahead and resign from my present organisation?

Thanks to all who reply, in advance,
Simply do not take the offer and ask british embassy to return your passport back.

netacct

Post by netacct » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:00 am

I WILL NOT resign without getting EC...Its not the worth risk.

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:57 am

I agree with netacct.

Having the work permit does not guarantee that you will get the entry visa.

Under no condition should you resign from your present job without having been granted entry clearance.
Oh, the drama...!