ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Brazilian fiancé application - pregnant

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BritishPaul
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Brazilian fiancé application - pregnant

Post by BritishPaul » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:17 pm

Hi all, thanks for taking the time to read this post. I have a couple of queries that could do with being confirmed as I currently have an application for a fiancé visa, but current climate is potentially causing issues.

I’m British, with British parents for info.

1. My fiancé who is Brazilian. Is currently in Brazil and we are awaiting our appointment date for the vfs in Rio De Janeiro. This office closed 14th August, no current date to reopen. What documents need to be within 28 data of the eventual appointment? Or are these just 28 days of when submitted?
2. My fiancé is pregnant (18 weeks), if for any reason the visa is delayed or we literally cannot get her back in time to give birth. What are the implications on our child’s status? Would they been deemed British once we are all here or is this another visa application?

Many thanks for any responses received

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Brazilian fiancé application - pregnant

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:23 pm

1. It is the date of online submission that is relevant to the documents dated.

2. Child will be British, provided the father is named in the broth certificate. Apply for a passport directly, though it can take a while from abroad.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

BritishPaul
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BritishPaul » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:29 pm

Thank you.

So as I’ve submitted documents within 28 days of the initial application, all will be fine?

Will our child need any special entrance documentation? I was trying to figure out if we would need a passport to come into the uk. So if that’s the case, potential wait longer to receive said documents.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:33 pm

So as I’ve submitted documents within 28 days of the initial application, all will be fine?
Yes.
Will our child need any special entrance documentation? I was trying to figure out if we would need a passport to come into the uk. So if that’s the case, potential wait longer to receive said documents.
The child needs a passport yes. Even a new born baby cannot travel without their own passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

BritishPaul
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BritishPaul » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:36 pm

Once again thank you for replying. This now allows me to worry about the fiancé visa instead of additional.
Am I correct in thinking that the passport will cost £1,013 or I’m I looking at the wrong application?

BritishPaul
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BritishPaul » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:56 pm

I also might be getting information confused. As the VFS office in Rio is currently closed. We cannot get past the document upload. So at present we cannot submit officially until we can secure an appointment.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:08 pm

BritishPaul wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:36 pm
Once again thank you for replying. This now allows me to worry about the fiancé visa instead of additional.
Am I correct in thinking that the passport will cost £1,013 or I’m I looking at the wrong application?
No, you are looking at the wrong form.

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports
Char (CR001 not Casa)

BritishPaul
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BritishPaul » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:17 pm

You have been a great help. Thank you for taking the time to respond

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:23 pm

You're welcome.
Char (CR001 not Casa)