ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refusal history in the EU Settled Status Family permit application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

junaidfspl
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

EUSS FP VS EEA FP

Post by junaidfspl » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:57 pm

Hi! I am an Irish citizen working in the UK and I am going to sponsor my non-EEA parents in law to join me in the UK. Me and my partner has got the pre-settled status but the biggest confusion that we have got at the moment is deciding which family permit to apply for my parents in law. We are getting contradictory opinions from immigration consultants in this regard. My parents in law are financially dependent on me and I have been sending funds to them for the last 4 years but in lump sums and not every month.
I have been advised by some people that they should apply for the EEA FP as I have not been sending them money regularly every month and EEA FP has room to accommodate gaps in money transfers. Secondly, EEA FP has got the right of appeal as well. Others are of the view that they should apply for EUSS FP as in this case proof of dependency is not required and it will be easier for them to get the EUSS FP.
All I want to know is that which family permit would be easier and stress free to get for them?

I would really appreciate any help or guidance from anyone.

Thank you.
Romi

kamoe
European Union

Re: EU Settlement Scheme FP VS EEA FP

Post by kamoe » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:13 pm

junaidfspl wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:57 pm
All I want to know is that which family permit would be easier and stress free to get for them?
I believe @Zerubbabel might have his two cents to add here.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:45 pm

Thank you @kamoe

For parents or in-laws of EEA nationals, the EU Settlement Scheme seems the best way to go. I am hearing more about acceptances then refusals. When it comes to dependency, the Home Office doesn't seem to care about it anymore. It's important under other routes but not under the EU Settlement Scheme for parents or in-laws.

Also, see a financial adviser before proceeding. Most people don't have enough disposable income to afford adults at their charge in the UK. Helping people abroad by sending money from time to time is not the same as having them under your responsibility in the UK.

euspouse07
Mood:
Ireland

Post by euspouse07 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:06 pm

Hi there,
It is interesting to read that evidence of dependency in not required in EUSS PERMIT but while submitting the application, it comes up in mandatory documents and it is also stated on their website to enclose the same.
Please shed more light on this as I'm in the same boat
Thanka

junaidfspl
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by junaidfspl » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:26 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:45 pm
Thank you @kamoe

For parents or in-laws of EEA nationals, the EU Settlement Scheme seems the best way to go. I am hearing more about acceptances then refusals. When it comes to dependency, the Home Office doesn't seem to care about it anymore. It's important under other routes but not under the EU Settlement Scheme for parents or in-laws.

Also, see a financial adviser before proceeding. Most people don't have enough disposable income to afford adults at their charge in the UK. Helping people abroad by sending money from time to time is not the same as having them under your responsibility in the UK.
Many thanks for your valuable advise. I have decided to make applications for the EU Settlement Scheme family Permits for my parents in law in light of your advise and from the information available online. I do have some confusions though as has been highlighted by another participant. The guidance says that no evidence of dependency is required if the EEA national is over 18 but in the mandatory documents we are being asked for the evidence of dependency and money transfers which is a bit confusing. Also, we are being asked a question in the form that how much money is being sent each month, about which I am unsure as I have not been sending money to my in laws each month. Thank you.
Romi

junaidfspl
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Refusal history in the EU Settled Status Family permit application

Post by junaidfspl » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:54 pm

Hi,

Is it necessary to mention or attach the refusals for any EEA country from your past as there is no question about the travel history in the EU Settlement Scheme Family permit application form or in the checklist of required documents?

Please share from your experiences.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Refusal history in the EU Settled Status Family permit application

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:29 pm

Is this question relating to your other topic about your parents?

https://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-r ... l#p1930738
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

junaidfspl
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by junaidfspl » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:35 pm

Yes its regarding the same applciations but it is a different topic and question

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:48 pm

junaidfspl wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:35 pm
Yes its regarding the same applciations but it is a different topic and question
Topics Merged!!

Please read the forum rule about multiple topics link below.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/annou ... t5722.html
Kayalami wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:23 pm
The moderators appreciate that members/users have an interest in obtaining information specific to their circumstances but kindly request you to refrain from multiple postings on a single question or topic (related grouping e.g. your naturalisation application, ILR application, etc.) within and/or across forums since this:

1. Creates confusion by cluttering relevant information across multiple sources thus defeating the key objective of the bb which is to share information in an easily accessible manner.

2. Impacts on the 'spirit of fairness' in forum use for our members/ guests.

3. Clutters the database unnecessarily.

Please create and use one topic for your queries regarding a specific topic / immigration application (e.g. - settlement, PBS, naturalisation). This helps people to get a view of your immigration history, details etc. under one topic and helps them to answer your queries better.

The moderators rely on you to use your judgement on this matter but reserve the right to merge, lock and/or delete multiple postings without notification.

If you persist to create new threads despite a warning, you will be banned and your IP blocked.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

junaidfspl
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by junaidfspl » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:41 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:48 pm
junaidfspl wrote:
Topics Merged!!

Please read the forum rule about multiple topics link below.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/annou ... t5722.html
Kayalami wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:23 pm
The moderators appreciate that members/users have an interest in obtaining information specific to their circumstances but kindly request you to refrain from multiple postings on a single question or topic (related grouping e.g. your naturalisation application, ILR application, etc.) within and/or across forums since this:

1. Creates confusion by cluttering relevant information across multiple sources thus defeating the key objective of the bb which is to share information in an easily accessible manner.

2. Impacts on the 'spirit of fairness' in forum use for our members/ guests.

3. Clutters the database unnecessarily.

Please create and use one topic for your queries regarding a specific topic / immigration application (e.g. - settlement, PBS, naturalisation). This helps people to get a view of your immigration history, details etc. under one topic and helps them to answer your queries better.

The moderators rely on you to use your judgement on this matter but reserve the right to merge, lock and/or delete multiple postings without notification.

If you persist to create new threads despite a warning, you will be banned and your IP blocked.
I hope I do not keeep getting this error message "You have been blocked by this forum" because of you. I am sorry if I sound a bit annoying but you have merged an entirely new question and a new topic with a completely different topic just because it came from the same person. If you really wanted to remove my post and merge then by acting fairly you should have answered my question first or get it answered by someone before proceeding as my question is not going to be read or replied by anyone now because of your merger. Well thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:48 pm

junaidfspl wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:41 pm
I hope I do not keeep getting this error message "You have been blocked by this forum" because of you. I am sorry if I sound a bit annoying but you have merged an entirely new question and a new topic with a completely different topic just because it came from the same person. If you really wanted to remove my post and merge then by acting fairly you should have answered my question first or get it answered by someone before proceeding as my question is not going to be read or replied by anyone now because of your merger. Well thank you
No one has 'blocked' you from the forum obviously as you have logged in!

If you read the forum rules, as you were required to do when joining the forum, it very clearly states to keep questions on the same application in one topic. We are all unpaid volunteers here and no member has any obligation to answer any post or question posted if they do not wish to or don't know the answer.

You will find that almost every forum on the internet for immigration questions etc follow almost the same rules as this one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:17 pm

junaidfspl wrote:
I hope I do not keeep getting this error message "You have been blocked by this forum" because of you.
Are you trying to access the forum from a mobile network, such as O2? The IP addresses of some mobile networks have been black-listed a long time ago as they were previously used for malicious activities against this site. You are less likely to get that error if you are connected via a non-shared landline/fibre/work based network.
junaidfspl wrote:
I am sorry if I sound a bit annoying but you have merged an entirely new question and a new topic with a completely different topic just because it came from the same person.
junaidfspl wrote:
If it is the same application, even if it is a separate question, it is the same topic.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.