ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Card Holder name- Applying for a passport from outside the UK - payment instruction form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bobthemoggie

Card Holder name- Applying for a passport from outside the UK - payment instruction form

Post by Bobthemoggie » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:47 pm

Hi

What should one write in Card holder name field while Applying for a passport from outside the UK (- payment instruction form)?

i.e. Does it need to be the abbreviated name as printed on the card?
Or the full name of card holder?

i.e. Does it need to be like
Mr X Y Smith
Or
Mr First-Name Middle-Name Smith

?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... horisation

Kindly suggest
Cheers

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Card Holder name- Applying for a passport from outside the UK - payment instruction form

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:00 pm

It should always be the name as printed on the card - whether applying from inside or outside the UK.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Bobthemoggie

Re: Card Holder name- Applying for a passport from outside the UK - payment instruction form

Post by Bobthemoggie » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:12 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:00 pm
It should always be the name as printed on the card - whether applying from inside or outside the UK.
Thanks for quick response

So it should be like

"Mr X Y Smith" format?
(if that's how its printed on the card)?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:17 pm

Bobthemoggie wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:12 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:00 pm
Thanks for quick response

So it should be like

"Mr X Y Smith" format?
(if that's how its printed on the card)?
Yes, exactly as it is printed on the card.

blueskies89
Pakistan

Post by blueskies89 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:10 am

Hi Bobthemoggie,

Sorry for raising this and you may already know this as well but I thought I just just mention as it may be helpful. I was reading posts on here people applying for passports from outside of UK (First passport after naturalisation) and there were some questions raised by HO and passport office on the further intentions of the applicant and please correct me I am wrong moderators on two occasions the passport application was refused on that basis as well? Thought to highlight it here just in case you are not aware of that.

Best wishes.
BlueSkies

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:04 am

(First passport after naturalisation under Section 6(1)).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.