ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:24 am

I fail to understand why FEW applicants from May-July are not getting an invite for IDV app who were chosen for biometrics reuse previously.

Seems like it is not the date order UKVI/UKVCAS following. But the deadline is 7th Sep so hang in there.....

For those who have not received any biometrics invite and applied BEFORE 16th July, did you upload and submit documents via UKVCAS website??

I am just trying to figure out any reason why FEW applicants from May - July have not received an invite in date order.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

tauqeer81
India

Post by tauqeer81 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:28 am

udutt wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:23 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:54 pm
Just for the benefit of members. My friend applied for BC on 15th July and just received the IDV invite.
Hi

Becoming little bit impatient now . I have applied for myself on 9th June and for my wife and daughter on 6th July . All are eligible for Biometrics reuse . But so far no invitation. No idea what criteria they are following .

Uma
Yes Indeed it's confusing and making me a bit worried also. I saw someone applied in April and did not get the invitation. I applied on 21 may and so far no invitation so I am not sure how they are doing it. I don't understand the phase system or the date order system.

I believe they have grouping in applications based on some criteria. And each group is dealt differently I guess.

I hope I get the invitation on Monday. Checking junk mail frequently.

tauqeer81
India

Post by tauqeer81 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:32 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:24 am
I fail to understand why FEW applicants from May-July are not getting an invite for IDV app who were chosen for biometrics reuse previously.

Seems like it is not the date order UKVI/UKVCAS following. But the deadline is 7th Sep so hang in there.....

For those who have not received any biometrics invite and applied BEFORE 16th July, did you upload and submit documents via UKVCAS website??

I am just trying to figure out any reason why FEW applicants from May - July have not received an invite in date order.
Hi. Yes I submitted the documents once they allowed submit button. Could be due to route of application?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:33 am

@tauqeer81

Are you a sole applicant or multiple applicants?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:38 am

So far the latest IDV invite reported on this forum is 16th July as of the time of this post.

tauqeer81
India

Post by tauqeer81 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:52 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:33 am
@tauqeer81

Are you a sole applicant or multiple applicants?
Sole applicant. Tier 2, 5 years plus 1+ year ilr.

Fendi
Bahamas

Post by Fendi » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:01 pm

Sole applicant.
Applied June 11th.
Submitted documents as soon as it was permitted.
Have EU settlement status for 1yr +.
Still no invite and not able to log in.
Still confused and frustrated.
If anyone can figure out why this is and what the pattern is for sending out invites.. I’d be very impressed and grateful!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:15 pm

Not really sure about the pattern. Best is to wait till 7th Sep and invite shall come soon.....

Choudhryalim
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Choudhryalim » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:21 pm

Hello,
I applied on the 16th Of June, for citizenship and still no invite to use the IDV app yet nor can I login.
My neighbours applied on 11 June For citizenship and Still no invite for them nor can they login
It’s becoming more and more frustrating with every passing day.
As it is the bank holiday weekend I am assuming that the earliest we will hear something will be on Tuesday, 1st September.
Anyways, good luck to all those people who are still waiting, please be assured that you are not alone.

Sirjameso
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Sirjameso » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:39 pm

Hello All,

Ive managed to access the IDV app after trying throughout yesterday. I had a content blocker on my phone which did its job and meant I was unable to tick the cookie permission panel to allow access to the website. I have had to disable the content blocker.

Im now on the ID verification tab. I have taken my picture as well as the liveness photo. I want to be sure Im doing the right thing re Photograph of my travel document. The select Travel Document type list includes Visa Residence vignette (FMOP Certificate of Entitlement & BRP issued) Is it appropriate to use my Biometric Residence Permit card (BRP)? I would normally use my passport but it is expired and the photo doesn't look like me anymore. i took the passport photo approximately 10 years ago. My BRP card photo is more recent.

Thanks.

Southernman
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by Southernman » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:21 pm

20 July naturalisation,invitation IDV received at 20:20.

rozearo

Post by rozearo » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:29 pm

Fendi wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:01 pm
Sole applicant.
Applied June 11th.
Submitted documents as soon as it was permitted.
Have EU settlement status for 1yr +.
Still no invite and not able to log in.
Still confused and frustrated.
If anyone can figure out why this is and what the pattern is for sending out invites.. I’d be very impressed and grateful!
It could be that they are sending invitation to all applicants whom their decision have been made by case workers!

I have no other explanation why few from June have not received their invitation yet, while other on July were able to login.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:50 pm

Southernman wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:21 pm
Seems like invitations are sent out on a Sunday also?

Southernman
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by Southernman » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:10 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:50 pm
Southernman wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:21 pm
Seems like invitations are sent out on a Sunday also?
Yeah it looks like it .Friend 23 July invitation received.

Khaye88
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Khaye88 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:52 pm

Hi All

Application submitted on 21st July and received IDV app invite email tonight at 21:07. It only took less than 5 minutes to do the photo and liveliness thing.

Good luck to everyone!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:09 pm

As of the time of this post, the latest IDV invite reported is for application submitted on 29th July...

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:21 am

Carrington1234 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:11 pm
Fendi wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:04 am
Something is not right and very annoying.. applied June 11th and still have no invitation.. why?!!! Why?!!!

april 1 applicant here.. but ILR route.
still waiting for the IDV invite. i escalated this to the "home office coronavirus immigration team" but they sent me a generic email about corona virus causing this delay and the commercial partners will contact me to arrange appointment.
Hello @Carrington1234
I see that you haven't received an invite yet. I was also expecting an invite since last 2 days as invites have reached end of July and my application date is 10/07. I would like to share an error that I noticed in the email that was sent by caseworker which I suspect could be linked to me not receiving the invite yet. The caseworker email has my Tier 2 general extension UAN number from Jan 2019 in the subject line!!! Yes, UAN number from 2019 as subject of my ILR application from July 2020. So, Home office seems to have mixed up my old (approved) application and the fresh ILR application. Not sure if that is the case with you. If you received case worker email, could you please check if the UAN number in the subject of case worker email matches your ILR UAN (which you should find in your application form)? If you haven't received case worker email, could you tell me if you recently (last 2 years) applied for another type of visa? I strongly sense a goof up made by Home Office here which has 'buried' the application invite somehow. Could you please also tell me how did you escalate your case to Home Office? Was it the 0300... number found on gov.uk? or some email address?
Thanks

Enigma-Machine
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Enigma-Machine » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:28 am

Hi Guys,

I hope you are all doing well.

I used the IDV App to submit my info, and I had a couple of small issues:

- Even though I was in a well lit room, I still had a bit of shadow on one side of my face. But I guess unless I'm using a professional camera (Instead of taking a selfie using my phone), this would have been the best quality I could have.

- No matter how many times I took a photo of the bio page of my passport, It still did not look super clear if I zoom in on the final photo.

Do you think they would care about these small details? My Understanding is that those steps are simply to verify our identity, so as long as the photo quality is acceptable, it should be fine?

Good luck to all of you with the next steps of your application.

Lespa

Post by Lespa » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:06 am

Do we have any confirmed IDV applicants decisions so far?

tauqeer81
India

Post by tauqeer81 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:07 am

iamawonder wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:21 am
Carrington1234 wrote:
Fendi wrote:
Something is not right and very annoying.. applied June 11th and still have no invitation.. why?!!! Why?!!!

still waiting for the IDV invite. i escalated this to the "home office coronavirus immigration team" but they sent me a generic email about corona virus causing this delay and the commercial partners will contact me to arrange appointment.
Hello @Carrington1234
I see that you haven't received an invite yet. I was also expecting an invite since last 2 days as invites have reached end of July and my application date is 10/07. I would like to share an error that I noticed in the email that was sent by caseworker which I suspect could be linked to me not receiving the invite yet. The caseworker email has my Tier 2 general extension UAN number from Jan 2019 in the subject line!!! Yes, UAN number from 2019 as subject of my ILR application from July 2020. So, Home office seems to have mixed up my old (approved) application and the fresh ILR application. Not sure if that is the case with you. If you received case worker email, could you please check if the UAN number in the subject of case worker email matches your ILR UAN (which you should find in your application form)? If you haven't received case worker email, could you tell me if you recently (last 2 years) applied for another type of visa? I strongly sense a goof up made by Home Office here which has 'buried' the application invite somehow. Could you please also tell me how did you escalate your case to Home Office? Was it the 0300... number found on gov.uk? or some email address?
Thanks
Hi,
I did not get any email from caseworker so I can't tell if the the HO mixed it up but I strongly believe there is some issue rather than any batch system. Application made on 21may and waiting for IDV invitation.

tauqeer81
India

Post by tauqeer81 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:30 am

tauqeer81 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:07 am
iamawonder wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:21 am
Carrington1234 wrote:
Fendi wrote:

Hello @Carrington1234
Thanks
Hi,
I did not get any email from caseworker so I can't tell if the the HO mixed it up but I strongly believe there is some issue rather than any batch system. Application made on 21may and waiting for IDV invitation.
Hi again.
Just checked my last approved ilr application and examined the similarly with FES appointment email. I have noticed that my name in previous Ilr application related emails from ukvcas and home office was 'DR .....' whereas in emails related to my current naturalization application is 'DOCTOR.....'.

When I received email about IDV app in July they referred to me as DR ..... So may be they are mixing my ilr application with the current naturalization application. As you have got an email from caseworker and they did mention old UAN so it make sense they did same for me. Otherwise they would have referred 'doctor ....'.

This is what I found so far in my investigation. Not much but something :D

onyx_ng
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by onyx_ng » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:51 am

Naturalisation application submitted on the 29th of July. IDV app invitation received 30th August at 23:07.

Haminal321
Newly Registered

Post by Haminal321 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:35 pm

Wise ones, please can anyone proffer a reason why IDV invites are sent at unsociable hours. At times 11pm on Sunday. just baffling.

londonent
United States of America

Post by londonent » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:53 pm

Haminal321 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:35 pm
Wise ones, please can anyone proffer a reason why IDV invites are sent at unsociable hours. At times 11pm on Sunday. just baffling.
I would take an invite at any hour, since a lot of us from June still have heard nothing at all and people from July already submitted their biometrics. UKVCAS clearly stated on their website that invites would be sent out in date order - that is clearly not the case and blatant inaccuracies on their website.

Veesunshine
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by Veesunshine » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:34 pm

I applied for naturalisation on 28 July, and I received the invitation to to use the IDV app on 30 August. I completed the verification, uploaded my documents and submitted them via the app today (31 August).