ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

3 quick questions! Wife ... MBA ... Study ..

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chaudhryis
Newly Registered

3 quick questions! Wife ... MBA ... Study ..

Post by chaudhryis » Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:47 pm

Hi,

My three quick questions are; :D

1- I have arrangments to get married by july and apply for the HSMP by September or October. (She is a grudate she will fetch me 10 more points) Now in this case I wont have 2 years of living together proof but can bring 3 required documents from july atleast. WILL IT WORK?

2- I have a BBA (4 Years Degree) in Computer information Systems and a MBA (1 Year Degree) in Finance. Both are US Degrees and are attested by the secretary of state "Collin Powell". However my concern is will the authorities turn my MBA down because of not having link in both majors. WILL IT WORK?

3- After my first year of stay (IF I get accepted) and after renewing my Right to Remain for 3 Years. I plan to join a Business School (A one Year Full Time Program) Will the authorities kick me out as during that period I wont be earning.

Thanks to who ever answers my questions.

Regards.
IMRAN CHAUDHRY

Talha

Post by Talha » Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:05 pm

Imran,

-married or un-married one must show proof of 2 years relationship. If you are going to get married in July, you wont be able to provide even one doc.

Check out MBA provision.

Cheers!

chaudhryis
Newly Registered

Post by chaudhryis » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:33 am

Hi thanks for the reply to my post ...

I agree that the wife should be living together for 2 years, but however i felt in the application documents they much more emphesis on the unmarried partner to prove a two year relation. Do you think if i claim a solid cover letter and prove that she is a gruaduate and also has some employment offer in her field of work, will they still look for a two years living together time? or are there any chances for me.

Also any suggestions for the other two questions.

Thanks
IMRAN

chealseaforlife
Newly Registered

Post by chealseaforlife » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:16 am

If you are married even for one day, you will get your 10 point as long as you can show 3 or more solid evidence of living together. I had just got married when i claimed points for my husband, and that did not stop them from giving me the 10 points for spouse

With regards to the full time MBA, try and get a part time job within that period, or a business or something as you are allowed to work part time. If you dont go about announcing your MBA why would it be an issue?

chaudhryis
Newly Registered

Post by chaudhryis » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:25 am

Thanks 1234.. You solved a great problem of mine. Sounds like a plan for me now.

However one question, were you and your husband living together prior to the marriage? or just the date or prrofs from the date you got married were provided.

Thanks
IMRAN

Talha

Post by Talha » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:56 am

i felt in the application documents they much more emphesis on the unmarried partner to prove a two year relation
This is a common misunderstanding (as I thought the same) that only umarried couple needs a proof of 2 yr relationship but in contrast they look for 'cohabitation'.

What 1234Kole means is to produce 3 documents (bills etc) if u have marriage certificate or 4 documents if u dont have a marriage certificate. The documenst must show a date of atleast 2 years back.

am I right folks?
Do you think if i claim a solid cover letter and prove that she is a gruaduate and also has some employment offer in her field of work, will they still look for a two years living together time? or are there any chances for me.
Partners achivements cannot compensate missing evidence of cohabitation.

TJ

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:47 pm

Hi,
I'm sorry to disagree, the guidance notes explain that the couple must be toghether for 2 years, married or not, two years.
In my case, I provided evidence of marriage for more than 2 years and the case worker requested proof that we lived toghether for 2 years.
Now, if another person was lucky and they got the 10 points without beign toghether for the 2 years, that was plain luck, but don;t consider that the norm, read the guidance and prepare the documents acordingly. the 10 points are awarded for 2 years, not for beign professional alone.
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

chealseaforlife
Newly Registered

Post by chealseaforlife » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:13 pm

Imran,

the requirements as at the time I applied were expressly clear, and it had absolutely nothing to do with 2 years if you are married. if you are unmarried, you need to have lived together for 2 years or more and show proof.

If you are married, you need to show your marriage certificate and 3 other documents, and it can be 2 weeks it does not really matter. This is not really an issue that should be confusing at all. Take a good look at the guidance notes for the application form it is extremely clear, UNLESS that part of the guidance notes has changed since I applied and got the visa last year. Like I said, I am talking strictly from my knowledge of the application form I used, and I am extremely sure of this, because I went through the guidance notes in detail.

chealseaforlife
Newly Registered

Post by chealseaforlife » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:30 pm

I got the piece below from the guidance note. What is important is that you should be able to provide some evidence that one of you at least has lived at that address for at least two years. Your spouse may have proof of that address for only a few months, and it will still be accepted:

For example, if you and your partner have been living together since March 2002 you should supply a piece of official evidence addressed to you both, at the same address from March 2002 (if married, this could be your marriage certificate to show when you started living together), a piece from 2003 and a piece from March 2004.

[b]However, if you are unable to provide sufficient documents that are jointly addressed you should provide four pieces of evidence from the list below, in a combination of some addressed to you and some addressed to your partner to cover the two year period[/b]